5.0 out of 5 stars Could also be called Premier Pro CS6 for Dummies !
This is an excellent book for beginners, with easy to follow lessons both written and on the accompanying DVD. I was able, as an absolute beginner on PPCS6, to produce a 5 minute video in less than a week, including sorting out some dodgy camera work.It also contains some useful tips on using other programs in the Adobe group. Highly recommended.
Published 23 months ago by TonyO

3.0 out of 5 stars adobe classroom cs6
good detail but takes 20 minutes of reading to do 20 seconds of work on pc,good video tutorials would be much faster and far less time consuming.
Published 10 months ago by C. mullins

5.0 out of 5 stars Could also be called Premier Pro CS6 for Dummies !, 18 Oct 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Premiere experience, 13 Mar 2013
K. Ikonomidis "costasek" (Greece) - See all my reviews
I had used Pinnacle long time ago, so I was aware of general procedures and knew what to expect/ look for. The book is clear to an almost beginner like myself, may be red chapter by chapter which follows the recommended procedure, or one can chose an independent chapter. Also one may use the lessons schedule and videos or get the info he needs from the corresponding chapter. Personally I find what I need in the book pages. My only complaint is that the print in the photos is very small and I need glasses or magnifier or lots of light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prem pro cs6, 21 Jan 2013
Verry good book do's what it says on the cover, after you complete the lessons you will know the basics of premer pro cs 6 from basic editing to producing a DVD, well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars classroom in a book Adobe Premier Pro CS6, 12 Dec 2013
Marj (North Wales UK) - See all my reviews
I once had a lecturer state that, in his opinion, the lecture became obsolete with the advent of the printing press. I did not agree, but if you can't attend a classroom based course, these books and associated video back up, make a useful substitute. Having used previous editions I have to say that I don't find this edition for CS6 as polished as previous versions. There is a feeling of the text being a bit rushed and not quite as well checked out as it could have been in some places. For instance the text says to switch back to the project panel, but fails to tell you how. There are a lot of screen shots illustrating the text, but some are too small or too dark to read without a magnifying glass. changing the background to lighter would have made the text more readable. But over all, following the exercises reveals many hidden features that would not be discovered by experimenting alone. I am finding it a worthwhile investment.

3.0 out of 5 stars adobe classroom cs6, 27 Oct 2013
C. mullins (ireland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Introduction, 9 Sep 2013
R. Holloway (Mid Wales) - See all my reviews
This is a 5 star product. A great introduction to a complex program, particularly to a novice. Well up to the standard of Adobe's Classroom in a Book series.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 18 July 2013
i like the book it is usefully for the first timer on after effect you can learn by yourself.
thanks

2.0 out of 5 stars A good start - but annoying inaccuracies, 10 July 2013
I'm currently on chapter 15 of 19, and considering I had never opened Premiere Pro before opening the book, I feel the tutorials are pretty good. You will need to download updated files for the tutorials from the adobe website:

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Well laid out step-by-step guide., 24 Jun 2013
I found this book very helpful in getting me going with this software. Through well paced excercises it quickly introduces the mian parts of the programme and within hours I was working on my own projects with success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Premiere CS6 users, 12 Aug 2013
After up-grading from Premiere CS3 to Premiere CS6 I thought it appropriate to 'get the book'. I am very pleased with the purchase, for as it is not completely re-written (from the CS3 version) it does outline and describe the new features of CS6. It comes complete with a tutorial disc, which I have not used as yet, as the book is well written and explains what you need to know in straightforward (if American) English.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Classroom in a Book