on 28 November 2012
My cats have now become a menace. The toy lives in our bedroom, and every time we go upstairs at least one of them is lurking there, staring at it hopefully. If you don't play - they glare accusingly. We have to play before bed, or the staring becomes unbearable!

Seriously, it is a brilliant toy. The cats leaping around is completely hilarious and they absolutely love it.
on 13 October 2012
These seemed to last a lot longer than the official da bird feathers and retained its 'swoosh' through the air despite my cats chewing the feathers.
on 20 July 2015
These are the best you can get.
Have tried the mouse version, wiggly worm both good (definately better than other makes) but these feather ones drive the cats mad (in a good way).
Alfie our four month old bengal can go for an hour and a half and these are the only things that leave him panting and ready for a sleep. Great for last thing at night, no more night time crazies!
It would be great if they lasted longer, but with two bengals in the house unless they made them from concrete what could they do. So can't honestly mark them down for that and without two cats as crazy as mine they should last a good time.
review image review image review image
on 29 April 2014
I love the toy and it's good to have some spares as I think my cat would feel withdrawal symptoms if I couldn't supply a new 'bird' once he has finished with the other. I don't know how long each one lasts as I have only just purchased them, but they seem very well made. Very pleased with this thoughtfully designed toy.
on 19 August 2014
About two years ago I got an Egyptian Mau who just did not sleep. We could not get her in to a routine which allowed any of us any decent sleep. After researching various different ways to get a cat in to a routine we discovered the Da Bird toy.

When I got the toy through the door, my Mau - called Pepper - just went mental. She quickly learned to open the drawer I had stored the toy in as you cannot leave the cat unattended with it. Once she got the drawer open, she pulled the whole toy out and dragged it downstairs and dropped it in the living room. All the way down the stairs, you could hear her chirping and chattering to herself with excitement where she had the feathers in her mouth. It was clear from that moment she was totally hooked.

Since that day I have made sure to always have plenty of replacement refills in case one should break or become too sodden with saliva that it doesn't turn quite as well as it should.... So I've purchased quite a few of these multipacks from the excellent seller Purrs In Our Hearts.

Not once has Pepper ever gotten bored of these feathers and not once has she ever knackered one so much that it doesn't twirl.

As many have pointed out here, these refills last much longer than the Da Bird refills. This is absolutely true. Again you get three of these for the price of one of the Da Bird refills so again a total bargain.

One thing I do wish to add is that these refills have a much more realistic sound to them than the official Da Bird ones. When you whirl the rod round in the air the feathers catch the air and rotate which creates a fluttering sound. Or a sound which is very similar to that of a birds wings or a bird taking off in to flight. This sound is usually what sets my cat off.

Since we bought this toy, I've managed to get a stubborn Egyptian Mau from a nocturnal vandal cat to one that sleeps all night and behaves like a little princess during the day. Not only that but this toy provides us pet owners with plenty of fun and photograph/video opportunities of your cat behaving like it's bird hunting in the wild. When you open the toy up and put the feathers on for the first time, you'll be shocked at how high your cat can jump!

Do not hesitate, it really is the best thing you could ever buy your cat!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 August 2012
These are the most beautiful feathers i have purchased so far! seem far to good for the cvat! i highly recommend these to people for your cats, its like crack for cats they go mad for them and have hours and hours of fun
I bought these at the same time as the Da Bird Toy and was under the impression that it was a direct replacement for the Da Bird Feather.

In reality it's nothing like the Da Bird feather and I was left disappointed.

However after attaching it to a separate stick and playing with my cats, they did like it (but not as much as the Da Bird feather).

It's a good alternative for individuals who have only dedicated a small budget to cat toys and are looking for value for money.

Verdict: 6/10

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks
on 2 May 2015
Been buying these refills for a long time. They're still good but the quality does seem to have deteriorated over the last few orders. They used to be much more robust with larger feathers. The large 'spinning' feathers are now no longer as big as they used to be and the small fluffy feathers become detached very easily.
For example I fitted a new one just this morning and within a couple of minutes of just swishing the wand around one of the fluffy feathers detached itself.
I am awaiting a further order, if the quality is still as poor I will look for alternatives.
on 29 April 2013
These were bought in conjunction with the Da Bird stick and reindeer refill. Both of my cats go nuts over these, never before have they been bothered by feather toys but the movement and sounds these make as they flit through the air drives the cats crazy. I will need more refills in the future as one of my cats has turned into a feather killing machine. I can see why the instructions claim you should take the toy away after play because my boy wants to chew his way through the feathers. They have stood up to rough play really well though. Great cat toy.
on 18 November 2013
My two girlies absolutely love the Feather Frenzy toy. They usually only play with a toy for a couple of days and then turn their noses up at them when I attempt to engage them but they haven't with this one. I use the FF outside with my cats so they have more room to run around after it and get a bit more exercise.
My cats are prolific hunters so the real pheasant feathers go down a real treat! I also feel that they are well made considering how heavy handed my girlies can be! Will definitely be buying more refills in the future.

See one answered question