5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Recommended
Published 22 months ago by Des

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ME
It protected the screen from scratches but dramatically reduced the clarity of the screen so I took it off again
Published 15 months ago by alan thomas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Recommended, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: 2 x SWIDO Crystal Clear Screen Protector for Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 / RX-100 - PREMIUM QUALITY (crystalclear, hard-coated, bubble free application) (Accessory)
I purchased the RX100 which has a fantastic clear screen and want to protect it. Originally I got the anti-relective version of these screens and to be fair they do exactly what they should but there is a loss of view in a hazy finnish so i got the crystal clear. These go on without the slightest bubbles as long as you do them with care . Ensure they are the camera is perfectly clean and use a credit card to apply. PERFECT fit and truly very clear. Worth the slight extra cost to protect the camera surface. I wholeheartedly recommend them

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 11 Feb 2013
These screen protectors are a little pricy but they are excellent. I have tried other cheaper ones without much success.I fitted one to my Sony RX100 camera and you cannot tell it is there. It just goes to show that you get what you pay for. I am very pleased with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good at protection but please read, 22 Nov 2012
I bought the RX100 recently and wanted to protect the screen and due to the review got these. They fit perfectly, go on with ease but are definitely not totally clear and have a slight haze to them. This does help however in sunlight but reduce quality of the ace LCD screen in normal view.
I then purchased from the same company the 'Crystal Clear' version and these are the full 5*. Again perfect fit but totally clear as in the advert. If you use in sunny these are still great but the others are better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic screen protector, 31 Oct 2012
A. Mcdonald (England) - See all my reviews
This is superb! I found it very, very easy to apply and once on the camera it is imperceptible, it does not affect the viewing screen in any way. it is a perfect fit too. I also purchased a set for my DSLR and found it just as easy to apply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 22 Sep 2012
...and fits a treat to the RX100 without any problems. I have used lots of screen savers over the years for various things and this has to be one of the very best

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., 17 Aug 2014
S. Sahota - See all my reviews
Having recently purchased an RX100 I thought I’d better fit it with a screen protector before taking it out to an event. I decided on the SWIDO since you get two, figuring that if I somehow mess it up applying it the first time then I’ve at least got a spare.

I cleaned the screen beforehand and then applied the protector with a credit card. I will note that I still managed to end up with one tiny speck of dust, which created a very tiny bubble (thankfully it was at the bottom corner and so didn’t really distract from anything). Also, the bubble has since been reduced over time.

I purchased the ‘crystal clear’ protector and didn’t really notice a loss in screen brightness. You really can’t tell that the protector is there.

During (and after) taking my camera to an event I saw how even just getting the camera in and out of my case left the screen with a few small marks and smudges. Thankfully most of those marks could be cleaned with a cloth. Nevertheless it made me realise that I could have ruined the screen (or worse) had I not applied a protector. So overall, it does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but does influence the light slightly, 14 Dec 2013
Nothern Climes (Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a good screen protector (RX100) but I found it does cut the light to some degree. Is this a problem? Well - I'd rather it was more transparent, but to me, my greater preference is for protection to the camera screen!

I got the crystal clear which appears to have been the correct choice, based on other comments by other reviewers.

Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective protection for your Sony RX100 screens, 9 Dec 2013
Jeff Hodgson (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
Place my order on Thurs 5 Dec and they arrived on Sat 7 Dec. Quick service from Krimatec!

Other reviews have commented that the packaging is shows an iPhone - it does, don't panic. Inside you will find that the screen protectors are correctly sized for the Sony RX100. The screen protector was easily applied to the RX100. So far the screen has not lost too much brightness, lets see how long it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected.., 6 Dec 2013
I needed a small walk round camera that would be out of my pocket quickly when the need arose, and not wanting it around my neck all the time meant in my pocket or in a pouch on my waist. Using it this way means the screen is vulnerable to all sorts of unintended contact and some friction. So far the screen protector has remained firmly on and no signs of peeling off at the edges, it's fair to say I've forgotten it's there. Review it again in 12 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't stay put, 23 Sep 2013
Managed to get it in place nicely with no air bubbles on a brand new screen (i.e. clean) bu,t within 24 hrs of using the camera, it had started to lift with large air bubbles appearing, making the display difficult to see. By the end of the week it was barely hanging on and I had to bin it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›