5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to do and really versatile
My class really enjoyed playing this game. I've played it with my grand children who really enjoyed winning animals for their zoo and making up sentences. Even the little one was able to join in with some help from me.

Published on 6 Sep 2012 by JuliaH

2.0 out of 5 stars not helpful for my 4 year old
i do not find this product a helpful tool in asssisting my 4year old gandson to read. dont buy this
Published 20 months ago by patricia herd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to do and really versatile, 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)

Then, being a Literacy Teacher I thought that I could use the cards with some of my own learners (ones I know well and I was confident would like the idea of a game) as a filler to rehearse sentence building skills. I was able to adapt the game after the first run through so that they thought about grammar and parts of speech and they began building their own sentences with new words that they suggested. The Kloo Cards proved an excellent jumping off point for all sorts of English Language activities. They're a regular part of my teaching kit now and the grand children always ask to play when they visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 April 2013
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
My kids loved playing this game! They loved collecting all the animals and swapping them. This encouraged my 5 year old to try to make her sentences as long as possible to win the animal cards. The colour coding is also extremely useful to help children to remember which order to put their words in. After several games she was able to read the words with great ease. A wonderful way to get children to read, highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Word recognition by stealth, 23 Sep 2012
Ben Marks "Ben" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
A superb game. So far we've mainly used Kloo as a version of the pelmanism card game - lay all the cards face down and pick up two cards, hoping to find a pair. It stresses the memory (my memory at least) and acts as a fast and fun version of reading flash cards! I guess the ideal age is for 4, 5 or 6 year old kids although it may be helpful if your child is maybe a bit older but struggles with word recognition (which is our situation). Lots of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for young family members, 16 Aug 2012
T. Tribe (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
Having tried other Kloo card packs myself to learn some Spanish - I thought that this would be a good birthday present for my 7 year old nephew. Sometimes it's hard to know what to buy kids in the family without thinking it's a bit throw-away or may be a bad influence in some way! (Soliders! Guns! etc) They're nice and simple to use, and the designs are vibrant which helps to keep your interest.

Kloo cards are definitely fun and educational - the perfect mix. Kids tend to love animals so this is a good way to get them to learn without it feeling like hard work. I've been told it's one of the best presents he's had - which makes me extra pleased knowing I'm contributing a little to his future and that he's enjoying himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing how much these cards help with reading & self-confidence, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
I am a qualified Primary Teacher and have been teaching children to read for many years. I am also a Mum with young children of my own! I was looking for a reading game to play with my 5 year old at home and I came across Kloo. It is working wonders in boosting my son's enthusiasm for reading and is a lot of fun. I was so impressed with the card game that I decided to write a review from a professional point of view - here it is:)

There are 3 fun, early reading games that can be played with a deck of colourful Kloo cards. The cards are high quality, bright and clear - designed to build young children's confidence in reading words and sequencing basic sentences. Kloo is most appropriate for a teacher or parent to play with children aged 4-7 years.

The reading cards are colour-coded, with one word printed on each; some words are phonetically easy to read, some are a little harder. Arrows on each card cleverly direct children to build a sentence, word by word. There are also "Zoo" cards, with an animal on each - these are an excellent incentive to concentrate, since children can win an animal card as a reward for reading words correctly. An extension activity is to win objects for the animals - such as a ball, food or a blanket.

Kloo encourages young children to practise and take pride in their reading - the colour-corded cards automatically direct the player to the next correct word, taking away any undue stress and allowing the child to focus and find enjoyment in reading.

The Kloo Zoo game can easily be simplified for children with very basic reading skills - for example, Nursery-aged children. The game can just as easily be extended to consolidate skills of more confident readers in Reception or Year 1.

With three fun reading games within one compact deck, Kloo Reader Cards are ideal for playing in the classroom, at home or for taking on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter & I Love This, 7 Aug 2012
J. Edwards (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
Getting my son to read was nothing short of challenging at 4yrs old so I wanted to find games to play with my daughter at the same age. A recent trip to London Zoo was preceded with KLOO Zoo reader cards. She loved creating her Zoo sentences in a simple & fun way. My son wanted to play also. Don't you love competition & challenge? Important for learning. We finished with a good old game of snap too! Engaging, fun and travel friendly. They now have a copy each :) Sibling rivalry....

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have 4 or 5 year old you should buy it. Fun way to increase the time they spend reading., 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
My son is just 5 and can already a very good reader for his age. I bought this to help increase his reading time each day as well as to develop his sentence construction ability.

What is good is that there are several different games to play - which helps maintain interest and reading.

I particularly liked the game matching the names of the zoo animals to the pictures.

My son is enjoying the games. I am buying similar games in French as I have found playing such games much more fun to help teach languages.

I would highly recommend as part of the mix to make reading fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner!, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
Bought this to use in class with new pupils with little English. Last week had a new tongue-tied little boy and before the lesson was over he was making sentences, reading them out loud with a smile on his face. What a great way to start building confidence in English. I bought this after buying the Race to London game earlier and discovering that my pupils loved this game. A great challenge to make long sentences, use conjunctions and to insert 'the'. Well done Kloo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading tool!, 10 Sep 2014
M. Phillips - See all my reviews
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
This is a great game to help build sentences and learn animal words. Children of all ages love to collect the animal cards and earn treats for their animals by making sentences. I would recommend buying the other "Kloo Zoo" game which is identical to this but with a more user-friendly box and cheaper price at Amazon. I have both sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for EFL students too!, 2 July 2014
Checchini Luna (Venice, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KLOO Zoo Reader Cards - Reading Games for Children (Toy)
I used the cards with my Italian students (7-10 y.o.) and they LOVED THEM! They're so versatile that you can play for hours while learning new words without efforts!
I'm a huge fan of Kloo games and will keep buying everything they make!!