Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 4 January 2013
The Nike+ Kinect 'game' is part of the Nike+ universe so if you use a FuelBand, Running App or Basketball App you'll like this. You generate Nike Fuel (points) doing workout drills in a get lean, or get strong fashion. Get strong includes and emphasises weight training, get lean includes emphasises cardio sessions. After doing a fitness test (Fuel Print) your chosen goal creates adaptive workouts.

Each workout is done on your schedule, you're warmed up, taken through the workout, and cooled down. The workouts are a really very balanced and use proven techniques. If you are looking for 'real' weight training, you're out of luck, but it's not too bad. You choose your own weight dumbbells. The cardio sessions can be quite difficult. Each workout is about 25 minutes, but you are asked to extend each one several times so they can be lengthy if you have more in you! If you don't want to do a programme you can choose a strength, weights or cardio workout, specify intensity and length. 'Intense' workouts WILL challenge you.

You do need plenty of space. You will be moving around quite a bit and you need ceiling height as your jumping up and down quite a bit. A mat is handy too as you'll be kneeling a bit and if you have wooden or tiled floors, it'll play havoc on your knees. Also bring a towel to the workout. You'll sweat.

The kinect sensor is relatively accurate. If it can't track you, it will turn off for a specific drill (eg high knees for 30 seconds) and turn back on again afterwards. The trick is to ensure the sensor sees the floor fully and picking your spot in the game space. Planks and push ups need the sensor pointing at the floor so you might need to be 2-3 meters from the TV if the sensor is on top of your TV.

All on all a great game. Makes excellent use of the Nike+ universe and iPhone/Windows phone app, and the Kinect. There have been several updates to the game to correct issues which is reassuring and you can now download extra programmes with more to come. Thisis a long term investment.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2012
This is just like having your own personal trainer. It calculates your fitness and monitors your progress and even organises your weekly workout schedule. Tough and worth every penny.
on 17 October 2015
I picked up a lot of weight since i got deskbound job. I started to cycle and exercise outdoors but with the autumn coming in and nasty weather just around the corner i started to think about some indoor exercise program. As I have just bought Xbox360 with Kinect I decided to give this one a try.
I bought it for very reasonable price, so even if I would not like it, there wouldn't be a big loss.
This game is a part of Nike+ universe but I did not try any product from it before, so it meant nothing to me and I'm afraid, there's not a lot I can say about it.
So lets go to the game itself.

Obviously we need a lot of free space, so tiny room in a flat would be not suitable.
First we have to take initial fitness test and after being assessed, we can crack on with our own performance regime. We get the schedule to follow, with each workout initially lasting about 20-25 minutes. We start with warm up, then going to main exercises and we cool down at the end. We have an option to work up another round, if we want. At the end we are being assessed. Simple as.

What do I think about it then? Well, I absolutely love this game!. It feels like working with personal trainer. All the session are quite intense, so there will be a lot of sweat! I like the variety of exercise and the fact, that we can track the progress.
I have tried a various fitness software, but Nike Plus Kinect Training is definitely the best one

The only downside is the accuracy of kinect sensor, as sometimes it did not pick up my movements properly, but it is, as said before, kinect's own fault.
on 12 October 2013
I purchased Nike Kinect Training to put my kinect to use and to try and get fitter.
It arrived quickly and was well packaged looked exactly like it did in the pictures and matched the description.
The reason I have not given this 5 see stars and only 4 is because of the amount of room needed to do this daily is a bit mad. I have a medium sized living room and even after moving the coffee table and sofa I still didn't have enough room.
However besides the space issue this is a good training program and is great in the winter months when you can't get out.
on 7 November 2013
Overall i'm very pleased with this game, just a couple of practical details

The good:
good exercises, tailored to your needs
keeps you motivated
challenging enough for experienced exercisers

The bad:
since i'm pretty tall some of the exercises require me to stand far away of the TV, swinging my leg backwards is impossible because of my couch.
tracking is not always perfect, it once tracked a pillow for two minutes.

Tip: use an exercise mat
on 20 January 2014
It has got a very good sensing capability, and we also save a lots of money on gym costs, and is very flexible with your spare time.
on 13 March 2013
- If you use this training program you will either die or get fitter.
- The Kinect implementation is still not quite right, especially on the floor work where my avatar sometimes disappears into the floor.
- And it suffers from the usual DLC infestation, i.e. I have just bought a full price product and it is immediately suggesting that I should pay more money for not much more product.
on 5 November 2012
After more or less completing most of the achievements in ysfe2012 I eagerly awaited this. I'm not disappointed its great. The first 20 mins are spent doing a fitness assessment - after this the game seems great. I've not explored everything as I've just started its weight loss programme. The online stuff is good and you sign in to your Nike+ account which I already have for the running app on my iPhone. The tracking seems good no problems yet. My kinect is set up in a room that only has a table which I can easily move. Id imagine that there will be people disappointed in this game if they dont have enough space or furniture in the way.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2013
I can now exercise in the comfort of my own home. Initially the program assess your level of fitness and writes you your own personal fitness regime. You can see your progress and get achievements for your improvements. Download the app for your phone and you are alerted when your next training session is. Its definitely worth the money and you can save a packet on gym membership
on 23 October 2015
An average game that can become a bit annoying due to the amount of space needed to play/workout, I cleared the whole room pretty much and still had a very tight space to play in. Aside from that, the actual game play is good and I like how it tracks your progress and suggests particular workouts. I think the Kinect itself needs more work that the game.

3 Stars