5.0 out of 5 stars top, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: I Bet On Sky (Audio CD)
liking this muchly. they exude a confidence, now, that they didn't years ago.
j's drawl still sits on top of the arrangements perfectly...soft but emotive. the keyboards add depth to the mix when they appear and the guitar and bass sounds are perfect...raw and smooth at the same time.
i'd say it's more upbeat than farm but hangs on to a sense of melancholy.
buy it if you're already a fan. buy it if you're new to their unique sound and writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drug, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: I Bet On Sky (Audio CD)
Like Bassman, this reminds me very much of Bug, which is a very good thing.
What J manages to do is transport me to a sun blasted youthful past, that I never had, on the back streets of some American suburb kicking up dust in baseball boots. It is so powerful in it's vibe and imagery and it is so beautiful.
I bought this immediately when it came out and hurried home with it like a little kid again. I haven't done that with anything for decades.

For me, Dinosaur Jr. sums it all up. When you are listening to Dinosaur Jr., they are the most important band that ever happened, and this album is right there, and when I listen to one album I can't help but play them all.

Even though I'm older than J, if I ever met him, I'd probably cry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Gets Better And Better..., 7 May 2013
This review is from: I Bet On Sky (MP3 Download)
Third album since the reformation of Jay, Lou, and Murph.

This, for me, is the best yet. If parts of 'Farm' paid slight homage to 'Zuma'-era Neil Young with some lengthy jams, then 'IBOS' has more in common with Dino's own 'Bug'.

No excess - just an album of perfect length straight to the point. I was lucky enough to see Dino again this year, playing parts of this record - awesome gig, awesome band, and 'IBOS', awesome album.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Bet On Sky, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Bet On Sky (Audio CD)
Every time Dinosaur Junior release a new album the music is even more superior than the previous one. They are getting better all the time and this album is no exception. Music fans must check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: I Bet On Sky (Audio CD)
Great album, good follow up to the also very good The Farm. Well done J, you've done it again. Great for use in the gym

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome album, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: I Bet On Sky (Audio CD)
Love this album, it's definitely a grower, loved some tracks instantly, but after listening to the whole album a few times, it's a winner!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another very good album from J Lou Murph, 9 July 2013
This review is from: I Bet On Sky (Audio CD)
Perhaps their weakest post reunion effort, but still another indispensable album. Their sound is really expanded and new, only the songwriting is perhaps not as strong. But the new funky sounds make up for it. And Pierce The Morning Rain rocks like few songs ever did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: I Bet On Sky (MP3 Download)
I rated I Bet On Sky as objectively as possible and gave 4*'s on the basis that it is as solid a guitar album that you are going to hear. As a Dinosaur Jr fan I would give it 5* but if you havent heard them before, then I would say that it isnt their most accessible album of late (compared to Beyond or Farm).

In any case, you will be hard pushed to spend a better £5 on a MP3 download! Cannot wait to see Messers Mascis, Murph, Barlow and Johnson at Glastonbury in 2 weeks!

I Bet On Sky
I Bet On Sky by Dinosaur Jr. (Audio CD - 2012)