Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 September 2012
Having bought the original (Sugar, Sugar - which was brilliant) I couldn't resist this sequel. Great music, fast delivery and a good price.
on 29 August 2012
I was pleased with this album.It contains tracks not usually contained on this type of album.Ok there is a large selection of cheasy tracks,however good memories,brings a smile to your face.Anyone prefering the music from this era will be pleased with this compilation.
VINE VOICEon 18 September 2012
well i bought sugar sugar and i must say iam not disapointed one bit, again lots of tracks some may not have made it to the top ten at the time but was more than likely in the top 20 as every sunday teatime 6pm i would listen to the top 20 on the radio like millions more did back then,so you will hear tracks you will have forgotton but it will bring the memories flooding back this is the beauty of honey honey and sister cd sugar sugar as we still hear a lot that were no 1s back then on the radio station still,for me it as brought back many lovely memories hope we see a third cd ,thankyou sony music.3 cds in a book like folder and like sugar sugar i play it over and over again in the car, i would highly recommend.
on 30 January 2013
an excellent collection of songs although 1 or 2 could be replaced, but you hardly ever get a compilation that has everything you want in it.
if you lived the era you'll like it.
well here we go again, a collection of 60's and 70's 'pop' 'glam rock' and a bit
of 'bubblegum'
again a collection which includes a bucket full of well known sounds sung by
pop-heroes of yester-year.
included among the artists three of the iconic girl-groups of the sixties including
--'the supremes' 'the crystals' and 'the ronettes'(three in a row on disc two)among
the other memorable artists 't.rex' 'the sweet' 'abba' 'mungo jerry' 'the four seasons'
and a vert young 'MJ' to name just a few.
we also have a number many will remember from a perhaps more recent 'tv' advert filmed
in a laundrette 'jeans on' -'david dundas'
also out of interest 'scott english's' -'brandy' which as we know was re-recorded by the
name 'mandy' by 'barry manilow' and 'westlife' both getting number 1's with 'scott's'
number.
all in all this is a great compilation to add to your collection.......great sounds.
on 16 June 2013
The trouble with categorising music is eveyone has their own interpretations of which artists fall under that particular banner. And with compilations such as this the compilers either take liberties or haven't got a clue and often seem like they are just picking songs out of a hat. My interpretation of Bubblegum Pop is a genre of music that occurred between the late 60's & early 70's, a prelude to Glam Rock. Good examples of Bubblegum Pop would be EARLY Sweet (their hits before Blockbuster), 1910 Fruitgum Co, Ohio Express, Tommy Roe and The Archies. On this basis, only around 20 songs out of the 75 tracks featured here come under this genre. To be fair, most of the aforementioned artists were included in the first compilation Sugar Sugar and represents the genre far more accurately. At the end of the day compilers are there to sell records, hence we have the inclusion of mega stars like Abba, Michael Jackson, The Supremes & The Drifters but I am not sure if these artists along with Ashton Gardner & Dyke, The Cystals, The Ronettes, Bobby Fuller Four, Eric Carmen, Billy Ocean, Dana, The Four Seasons, Bonny M etc etc were ever classed as Bubblegum Pop. So we are left with a mixture of pop, glam, disco and a handful of fillers that don't belong on any compilation. My recommendation is, if you like the majority of the songs on this album then buy it but if you're looking for authentic bubblegum pop look elsewhere.
on 23 November 2013
this is the music from my teens, brings backs memories of friends not seen of a while just the job
on 27 October 2013
Bought the Sugar Sugar collection and this is the follow up and is just as good . Good variety of tracks some id forgotten about all in all a great collection . Got to get the Candy Candy cd now which is 3rd follow up . Keep them coming love them .
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 April 2015
Oh boy! I remember this music in the days of transistor radios when they were the coolest thing to have, and one of the big major stations playing! I was prompted to remember an old jingle when this playlist started: it went "Turn your trannies on to..." and then the name of the station would come belting out of that poor little 4" speaker before a massive 70s song would hit your ears.

I'm back there again with this album, but now, hearing each gorgeous old song with it's original studio production - the production we are meant to hear, coming through my gorgeous Pioneer headphones.

Can't get enough, and I truly recommend this beautiful album to the rest of you who may come reading this review... :D
on 4 March 2015
This CD was the follow-up to Sugar Sugar, which came out in 2011. I have to say, though, that I was very disappointed with this album. Don't get me wrong, it has some great pop songs on here, but there is also a fair amount of rubbish as well and too many fillers that I had never heard of. I am sure that a lot of the artists on here would feel very insulted if their music was referred to as "bubblegum pop", as on the cover of the CD. Sugar Sugar wasn't a superb album, but this is much worse. Three stars from me, because it is good, but also very flawed. The next one, Candy Candy, was a definite improvement, though, in my opinion.