4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the fastest micro SD card out there
I bought a few of these for dual use in tablets and with an SD adapter for use in camera
This is the top model from SanDisk it is very fast (fastest I've used and tested to date) but it does attract a price premium and for mobile devices the speeds are probably overkill.

I tested the card via a USB 3 card reader and got the following results:
Read...
Published 1 month ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars not very good
I am not sure this is the original thing or a fake one. The phone seems to be ultra slow since I put this card in.
Nover very happy with it.
Published 14 months ago by Juan Soto

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the fastest micro SD card out there, 28 Mar. 2015
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I tested the card via a USB 3 card reader and got the following results:
Read speed: 90MB/s
Write speed: 79MB/s

There was a slight variation in speeds but only a few MB/s and trying out a few different card readers gave very close results.
Dropping files across yielded similar results to the benchmark tests I ran, but it is worth remembering not many devices phones or tablets can take advantage of such break neck speeds. For dual users those who might use these cards in faster cameras it's worth considering.

If you don't need the super speeds the Extreme Plus model offers a similar read speed, but a somewhat reduced 60MB/s write speed (still plenty fast) and a bit more appealing price wise too.
The card has the usual resistance to X-ray, water, temperature as expected I've never had a problem with a micro SD card durability wise but it's not a bad thing to have a bit of protection. It's an excellent card but it does attract a bit of a premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, price and delivery, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDQXP-016G-G46A Extreme Pro microSDHC Memory Card up to 95 MB/s Read - 16 GB (Personal Computers)
I bought this as a premium fastest I could find micro SD card for my GoPro Hero3 black which is very demanding of its cards. Just read the forums.

So far it has performed well.

It is a premium brand at a good price and was delivered promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars very fast, 31 July 2013
I used this for my galaxy S4 and the the time form taking a photo to saving it is instant and the same for loading the photo gallery. I used to have a cheap one before and the difference is quite noticeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars What you need for high quality video, 8 May 2014
I've used other micro SD's with fast write speeds of 4-50 mb/s but they could not cope with a new go pro at 1080p 60 fps. This does easily. And shock proof. Worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 9 Jan. 2015
It's an excellent card and I'm building a collection of them. I always try to find the best quality that I can afford because I find quality products to be reliable and long lasting and ultimately better value for money. Sandisk is in that category and the Sandisk pro is excellent for the hero 4 and 3+

5.0 out of 5 stars nice fast micro sd card ideal for gopro cameras, 27 Sept. 2014
G Thurtle - See all my reviews
good card for the gopro3 when using protune and 4k modes you need a card thats faster than normal microsd cards. well worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!!, 24 Aug. 2013
Like many other reviewers I bought this for use in a camera, in my case a Canon EOS 7d which I often use for wildlife and grand-children photography (same problems: won't stand still, always move at the wrong time etc :)

So typically use on 'continuous shooting' 8 frames a sec, with RAW +JPEG for best chance of getting something good.

The 7D buffers the exposures until you release the shutter, then writes to the card, so write speed is most important.

The performance of a card depends on the card itself, hardware, software, file size, whatever else the hardware might be doing, and in the case of the 7D the quality of the SD to CF adapter. To get most consistent results I test all cards on a top end PC, and reduce whatever else is going on to a minimum. The PC has on-board USB3.0 (some add-on USB3.0 cards are not much better than USB2.0), and have a branded high quality usb3.0 SD card reader. I use h2testw as it is similar to a camera in that it writes large files consecutively. So what happened:

after 6 consecutive tests, reformatting each time, the average Read/write speed over the whole 8GB was 75/65MB/s. No other card I have come close. The next best is 45/40MB/s so these are about 50% faster. How does it work in practice on the camera? On the 7D I tested with 2 different cards and as best I could fired the shutter for 2 seconds. The write time was noticeably faster (difficult to be precise 'cos of timing the exposures and write time.)

So for me, I'll start replacing all camera cards with these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for GoPro Hero 4 Silver, 18 May 2015
So far so good, I use this for my GoPro Hero 4 Silver and I haven't had any problems with it so far. It deals well with all the footage I have shot with it very well. No crashes or interference as I have heard other cards do. I have tested it's performance on all of the High resolutions this ranges between 1080p - 4K. The camera gets pretty hot when shooting in high resolution but the card deals with it very well. I haven't had any experience with any other types micro SD cards so I couldn't compare. I mainly bought this for its fast write speeds and from reading the specs on other cards this card blew them all out of the water. I spent quite a long time in deciding which card to go for and I read a lot of reviews and this one ticked all the boxes for me. The reason it is a 4 star is because I haven't had a chance to properly put it through its paces so I may update this review after some testing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked!, 10 Feb. 2013
Bought the SanDisk Extreme Pro to use in cold weather for my GoPro camera while skiing in order to make ski sport videos - results are spectacular!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Galaxy S3 is loving this !, 26 Jan. 2013
Bruno Pereira "Leviathan" (Lisbon) - See all my reviews
For the price it was being sold for this was a steal and in terms of performance one of the best currently on the market.
After placing it on my SGS3 i must say it has a big impact in file transfer from a PC and the video stuttering disappeared.