on 5 December 2012
Holds my HTC One easily whether in the upright position or sloped. Soft rubber grips mean it will not scratch the phone case or the surface it is placed on and nothing slides around. There is a cradle shaped soft band that slides up and down to fit different types of phone.

As a bonus, the curved base will take the phone in a flip case folded back (with a slight push) and with the phone on its side at the sloped angle, it is perfect for two finger fast typing. Also, depending on how you orient the phone, you can do away with charge cradles.

The stand is a neat size (you can nearly hold it all in your fist) and is just heavy enough to be stable, just light enough to take on a plane without adding to baggage weight.

And it looks good enought to eat! I don't think it matters what colour the bands are, it is the soft brushed aluminium that does it.

Lovely design, great functionality. Best phone bling ever.

UPDATE: Just got a Nexus 7 and the stand is perfect for that as well - best horizontally, but if you put a shell case on the Nexus, it will balance vertically with the extra grip. Neat!
on 18 November 2014
The Smart Stand 712 is a simple but classy place to put your phone. I highly recommended it.

It's easily described as a piece of folded metal with some rubber on, but that is missing the point. It's an elegant and well-designed way to stand your smartphone up in numerous ways (vertically or horizontally at a choice of two angles). I like to place my phone vertically most of the time, but it works great horizontally if I'm charging it.

As well as the adjustable rubber 'band' and the grippy rubber areas to protect and secure your phone when standing, there is rubber on the areas that the underside makes contact with the desk etc, so that it doesn't slip on or damage whatever surface you put it on.

It's also worth noting that this stand will work equally well whether your phone has a case on or not.

I've purchased six of these so far - I have one on my desk and one by my bed. The other four I bought as gifts, and everyone I gave them to loves theirs too. They arrive in a sensibly designed box with basic instructions on the back and a clear window on the front.

All in all, a great product, and a good idea as a gift too.
on 29 January 2015
I like it. I knew it would be too small for my phone before buying it..; I have a Nexus 6 - but actually it works great. The shape of the rest at the bottom curls around sufficiently enough that instead of just letting the base of the phone sit on the rest, it also allows the phone to support itself like a cantilever.

Love it.. Very good quality too. The only improvement I would make is that perhaps the rest could be split into 2 at the bottom to allow (should one wish) a charging cable to be plugged into the phone, for those phones with ports on the bottom. That said, I can easily put the phone into landscape too.
on 12 March 2013
Perhaps one of the best choices as far as quality is concerned. The aluminum finish is outstanding and the rubberized parts really help in keeping your phone in place and prevent the stand itself from slipping on surfaces. Fits very well the look and elegance of a Macbook pro and looks like it comes as a set. Both angles work really well, I would recommend it to anyone
on 11 January 2013
A week by my desk and its proved it's worth admirably.
Sturdy, elegant, well finished and purely functional in either of its two modes.
Rock solid against a sturdy finger on a smooth desk is all I asked, and it delivers this requirement with ease. A well earned five stars and all at a very reasonable price.

Not much more to say really.
on 24 April 2013
Though rather pricey, it looks very elegant and eye-catching on my office desk. It is a solid piece of metallic material that should last for decades.Rubber matterial protects the device on touch-points. Depending on the side you will use, you opt for two different angles of standing.
Beautiful, solid, ergonomic. All I need.
on 3 January 2013
I use whatsapp and text a lot so I put it on the side of my keyboard with the iPhone on it, it's the perfect angle for typing, and when I'm reclined on the chair I put the phone on the second position which allows me to see any notifications coming in.

Really good build, holds phone very well.
on 25 August 2014
This is a perfect fit for my iPhone 5s. The movable silicone support is particularly useful - my only concern is that over time it might wear out (the silicone is worryingly thin on two corners). It's so good that I daren't leave it at work in case someone else gets a bit too fond of it!
on 14 October 2012
nice product,looks good and holds my htc one x securly in the 60degree part of stand, easy enough to move the rubber support from one side to the other. managed to find one with a grey rubber support as i wasn`t keen on orange or green.no complaints at all.
on 12 April 2013
This is a perfect little stand. I wanted it for my desk at work. It is very sturdy and it looks really nice. I went for the grey one, the others colours look really nice too. Highly recommend.

See one answered question