5.0 out of 5 stars Weck jars , seals and clips
Tread carefully , some places charge you threetimes more than the cost of the jars in carriage charges.( experience is definitely an expensive thing buy )

Amazing Child Montissori on Amazon did me a great deal, I now have several hundred jars of various sizes for home pressure canning and hot water bath preserving .

Their packing was second to...
Published 16 months ago by Mr. David Gould

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but seals fall off...
glass jars themselves are fine, and I like the stainless steel clips, but there is no lip to retain the rubber seal onto the lid so the seals tend to fall off, a very basic design fault that has me baffled.
Published 15 months ago by David J. Messenger

5.0 out of 5 stars Weck jars , seals and clips, 20 Dec. 2013
Mr. David Gould "Dave in the cave" (Wet Windy West Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SET OF SIX 580ml Weck Jars. German Made Classic Design. Model 742. (Kitchen & Home)

Their packing was second to none not one piece of glass was chipped or broken. If your starting off I suggest you go for the all in one packages where you get six packs etc. of the jar , two lid clips and a seal as it saves the chances of making mistakes with numbers if your easily confused with numbers like me .

You will also need the Weck jar lifter specifically for lifting WECK jars when they are being loaded in to hot water or when you take them out to let them rest and seal . It's different to other hot jar lifters as it has four stumpy hold off legs on the lower part of the clamp . The Kilner lifting clamp I had didn't fit very successfully )
It's called a " WECK GLASHEBER " ( WECK Glass plier )

Of the jars themselves . We have only recently started glass jar canning /hot water bottling/ preserving here in the UK, so got what was initially sold in the cheap ticket shops , for us this meant KILNER JARS .

I used 24 Kilner clip over jars square jars to put up our winter preserves .. 11 of them failed to hold the vacuum , most within a day of so of being pressure canned . I found the reason was a very very poor finished wavy rim on the jars which allowed me to insert four business cards under the distorted rim when the jar was sat inverted on a sheet of glass .
Kilner have offered me replacements .. that was nearly two months ago ...I'm still waiting . Our store food for the coming year was ruined.

It took me quite a bit of time and effort seeking to find another preserving jar that was not out of the same stable as the Kilner ..my reasoning if the QC is that bad on 24 jars will it be any better on subsequent ones ?

T'was then that I found some cheap Weck jars on eBay , did a bit of online research & decided to give them a go .... .had a mad frantic nail biting rush to out bid someone & ended up with 5 jars & lids but no clips or seals. I got the seals and clips just in time for the arrival of our brand new imported " 921 ... 21 & 1/2 ( US ) quart All American Canner " ( AAC ) .

The lids and rims of the jars are thick/wide true engineered surfaces and are fantastic for facing to the seals . Not one of the couple of hundred jars or lids had so much as a slightly raised scratchy seam from the moulding of the jars in the manufacturing process. I give the Weck factories in Germany a 100% score for their quality control & care about their products .

I have also purchased a Ball Blue centenary edition canning and preserving book . The recipes and instructions are very American so most normal people will be able to understand them . Take great care to correctly convert the recipes & weight cooking times into metric measures

Earlier today I used the AAC & canned 12 x 1 litre jars of raw chicken , made 8 jars of pulped tomatoes . Turned the ten chicken carcasses into 16 half litres of chicken stock & then canned them
I purchased every thing from a fairly local wholesalers for a heck of a lot less than I can buy in the local shops or super markets which allows you to take advantage of cheap bulk buying. )

So summing up .

All in all Weck is a fantastic top of the range preserving jar , without any of the disadvantages associated with most other preserving jars ..

You can also freeze the cone shaped open topped jars and even present the smaller jars in this range with frozen desserts straight out of the freezer to your guests weeks after you made them .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent jars, 20 April 2014
The small Weck jars are excellent value - a good fridge storage alternative to plastic, or a good looking container for kitchen essentials. I actually used mine as small flower vases for the centre of tables for a wedding. Perfect.
Also arrived quickly, and well packed.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but seals fall off..., 16 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars THE PERFECT GLASS FOOD CONTAINERS, 30 July 2013
Rupert S. Fairfax (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
Bless clever Amazon for making them available here!
What is really good is that they look smart enough ( such is the quality of design and glass manufacture ) to be taken to table with a dessert or a starter in them. The lids fit well and it is sensible to get the lids when ordering ( You are given the option to get lids, rubber seals and clips in a package )
I imagine they would make perfect, original gifts filled with homemade pate, jams, chutneys etc. I serve the smaller size to my guests with pate as a starter and they seem to love having their own little container with lid. On every occasion, my guests want to know where I got them.
This company makes a very useful range of high quality, practical storage containers that are good enough for table use.
I can highly recommended these products.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 7 Dec. 2012
This product does what it needs to, the glass jars work really well and looks fab on the shelf at our shop