TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 January 2013
Update
======
After 5 months and trying a few different brands my conclusion is that none are as good as claimed. In fact the Poundland brand 'Home etc' are just as good as the most expensive ones (except for their hanging model which has a different valve and is worse than useless) For £1 you get either one large 80cm x 100cm ones or two smaller ones. There are even ones which are scented. I don't think there is any point in further updates unless I find a bag that actually works.

3 month Update, now more than 3 months since I started using these bags and while items without much air in them such as T-Shirts remain compressed for about 6 weeks, items with air in such as pillows or quilts are only lasting between 2 and 4 weeks before they need re-sealing and the air taken out again.

---------------------------------------

It is now six weeks since I packed these bags and stored them away. I went back to check them today and like every other type of bag I have used of this sort they have failed to retain the vacuum and the bags have expanded back to their original size. I have therefore reduced them to 2 stars.

I have had several brands of these bags and they all seem to fail at some point from a day or two to a couple of months in that they start to expand or just completely pop open losing all their vacuum sealing.

I will therefore update this review in a month or so to see how they are doing or before hand if they fail.

The bags are easy enough to use and seem just as well made as any of the other brands including JML that I have used in the past. Put the stuff in, seal the zip end with the plastic clip, suck out the air and put the cap back on the valve. Then you have to hope they don't expand again. I can get 2 pillows into one of these and they go as flat as a dinner plate, lets just hope they stay that flat.

Buying these bags is hit and miss, as I say, so far I have not found a brand that lasts for more than a couple of months before requiring to be resealed. OK if the bags are handy but not if you have put them in storage in the loft!
44 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2013
Great idea. I've just stored away all the summer weight duvets in less space than one would usually take up.
I have room back in my cupboards again
Good size for 2 pillows and one duvet
Easy to seal
on 31 July 2013
Im so pleased with these, ive used the bags for seasonal storage and going camping when we had alot of bedding and clothes with us. They can be compressed without a hoover too. They are fairly strong and I would definitely recommend them!
on 28 September 2013
I have ordered these bags second time already. very good quality, now it has been compressed 2 months and I dont see any air leak into the bag.
on 9 August 2013
I am 'on the move' shortly, so have been using these bags to store things like sweaters and tops which would take up too much hanging space. So far, so good. Just make sure that you don't overfill them - as it tells you on the instructions. I have used most of them (a few weeks ago), and they have not deflated. Good stuff!!!
on 29 July 2013
Each bag holds plenty of clothes, bedding, towels or whatever. The suction holds and the valve doesn't refill the bag with air once you take the hoover off. I would/will definitely buy again.
on 22 June 2013
these solved two big problems for me - 1) space saving and 2) carpet bugs - they're a real problem in our area and seem to be attracted to cotton sheets and wool, so vacuum packing means they can't get in. These are good quality and really easy to use. good value too - would buy again.
on 19 November 2012
These vacuum bags do the job and are good value. In addiion you get no postage charge. Arrived quickly.
Don't try and over stuff them and pack with a little care and you'll be fine.
on 6 May 2013
I live in the oldest home in a medieval city in Greece with little cupboard space, Al my woolens fit perfectly in 3 bags, whereas before they would be packed individually and every time I open my antique 2 door closet, some of my stuff would fall in my face, no more, all woolens spread in 3 bags, I can see them organized perfectly, also it is obvious that due to lack of oxygen moths or dust will not touch my clothes and I will enjoy them for years to come
on 28 August 2013
These work a treat, I packed my items up weeks ago and they are still fine. However do follow the instructions carefully (to do with the cap) as outlined by other writers. Also I made sure the zip seal was sealed 100% by zipping it at least 5 times, and then using my fingers to ensure an airtight seal.