5.0 out of 5 stars Star performer - well worth every penny and more!
I have numerous power banks and so far, this one is the best in terms of cost/performance.

Its efficiency is a staggering 96.75% - over and above specification!!

Published 5 months ago by CJH

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess it does what it says on the tin but when portability is a factor you'd be better off getting a smaller
Huge and heavy, around the size and weight of a laptop battery which if you're carrying too then it makes sense just to charge your phone from this. I guess it does what it says on the tin but when portability is a factor you'd be better off getting a smaller, less powerful portable charger as the likelihood is you're more likely to take it with you.
Published 3 months ago by Fat Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars Star performer - well worth every penny and more!, 27 Jan. 2015

Its efficiency is a staggering 96.75% - over and above specification!!

A lot of people buy these things thinking that they will deliver their rated output – in this case 10,000mAh. Or, taking in to account the manufacturer’s claim of 89% efficiency – 8,900mAh.

They then think to themselves “my phone battery is 1,800mAh” (or whatever) “so it will charge my phone about 5 times – WRONG!

This is a LONG review but stick with it – it will help explain a lot – I promise!

This particular power bank will charge an iPhone 6 with its 1,810mAh battery 3 times from flat.

This is because of a variety of factors;

Firstly, the only way to measure capacity for these things is in watt hours (Wh). The manufacturers use milliamp hours (mAh) because the numbers are nice and juicy – same with all batteries. For example, this battery pack is a 37Wh unit. Doesn't sound anywhere near as "massive" as 10,000mAh does it? It is exactly the same value though, just in a more sensible and usable form. mAh are valid but in this context they are useless in determining the power banks value other than a higher value being better than a lower one!

Secondly, there will be losses in your phones internal circuitry. This power bank has a 10,000 mAh battery inside it at 3.7 volts. The initial losses are incurred because that voltage is being stepped up to 5v for the output. Phones mostly have a 3.7v battery inside. So the 5v from the power bank that goes into the phone, is dropped to 4.2v to charge the battery (4.2 is the charge voltage for a 3.7v lithium battery).

We also need to consider the losses in the charging cable AND the power required to "run" the phone or device while it is on charge.

On top of this, the characteristics of batteries change depending on the load you place on them – so a battery discharging at 1A may perform better than one discharging at 2A. My iPhone 6 can draw between 1 amp and 1.7amps when charging.

Not forgetting the fact that batteries deteriorate with age too!

The 89% claimed should take into account all of the above in addition to the fact that the circuitry will never allow the battery voltage to drop below a certain level – meaning it will never TRULY be “empty” – the device will stop putting out power when the pre-determined threshold is reached.
I’ve just run a thorough test of this battery pack, using a very accurate USB power measurement device and my results are telling me that it’s delivering over and above what I should expect on paper.

This is based on the unit being 37Wh (this is reached by multiplying 10,000mAh x 3.7v and then dividing by 1000) - If it IS in fact 89% efficient, I should be getting 32.93Wh out of it.

At the end of my test, my power measurement device is telling me that the power bank has delivered a total of 35.79Wh which is why I state that the unit is 96.75% efficient. 35.79Wh being 96.75% of 37Wh.

By the way, Apple state that the iPhone 6 needs 10Wh to charge fully, the battery is around 1850mAh I think - 10Wh would require a a 2800mAh power bank (roughly) - so a fair bit more than the mAh rating of the iPhone 6 battery.

The real problem is that manufacturers continue to baffle us all with science and leave us unable to tell whether a product is good or bad in terms of its specifications.

This one, as I said initially, is one of the good ones! I have many others with efficiency nearer to 70% which is dire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for charging Smart Phone, 21 Nov. 2011
Bought this for charging my Samsung Galaxy S2 for whenever mains electric isn't available, especially when travelling or doing multi-day back-packing. Really pleased with the iEP390, leave it to charge up overnight (its important to leave it 8+ hours and the charging lights go out when its full (rather than unplugging it when the 3rd LED comes on as this may only be 70% full). Have charged it about 4 times so far, and each time used it to recharge my Galaxy S2; it recharges it from empty (5-10%) to full (100%) three times and only takes 3 or 4 hours; then the iEP390 can still do one more charge of to about 70%. So for my phone, recharging it with the phone switched on, but the display off, it can do about 3.75 recharges.
The iEP390 is 11,000mAh whereas the S2 is 1650mAh so 11,000 divide by 1650 would suggest it ought to do 6.5 charges but I knew it would be less than this due to some of the power is lost due to heat build up (the S2 gets mildly warm whilst being recharged) and transfer inefficiencies - and I guess that iEP390 isn't able to charge the S2 once its power level drops lower than the battery level it has built up in the S2 during the last charge (when the differential in the iEP390 is < the S2).

The iEP390 comes with a handy little cloth bag and a variety of charging tips including the one I needed for the S2 (micro USB), its just a pity that they don't include the tip for the Galaxy tab, but the Galaxy Tab's OEM USB cable should fit.

Having researched a little, the iEP390 had the best performance in terms of weight and price. It isn't light nor small, but its not too big or heavy. For my use it offers the best power:weight performance and the best power:cost value. With the iEP390 I can reasonably keep my phone charged for nearly a week between getting to a mains electricity, rather than 2 days. So really pleased, recommended but keep in mind you'll only get about 60% of the number of charges you might expect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, older model, 21 Jun. 2012
I needed a batterypack for the Smartphone and Tablet and, as it turned out, I bought two different ones.

The TeckNet 11000 one was £10 cheaper then the 12000 one, so I went for the 11000 one. Unfortunately the pricce difference was reduced shortly after to £3. I would have bough the 12000 one for that price.

This battery pack is good. It can Output 5V 1A to a smartphone or tablet and works well. I can charge my Wildfire S 3 times and my Neuropad 1 time before the battery is drained. With normal use this could last a couple of days while camping. Great.

The charging time is fairly quick with a 5V 2A charger. I have tried a USB 5V 2.1A cigarette lighter with an M barrel plug and that did work. So I can charge it in a car of an iPad charger. Handy.
StarTech 3 feet USB to Type M Barrel 5V DC Power Cable means I can charge it anywhere with almost any powersource and Neewer Dual USB Car Charger Power Adapter For Apple iPad 2 iPhone 3GS 4G means I can charge fairly quickly in a car (1A will charge half as fast as 2.1 A)

The main weakness I see is that it does not allow 5V 2.1A charging, so I cannot charge gadgets that require 2.1A nor can it be used for fast-charging. But it works fine for my phone and tablet. I have not tested durability.

I was surprised to receive a letter offering me a Webcam worth £8.99 for reviewing my battery. I do not think it clouded my judgement, but I would prefer the reviews to stay as neutral as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it - You will be popular, 5 Jun. 2014
Ohhh... how many times it saved my phone - and saved my social life.
I know there is a life without facebook and mobile phones... but I love my gadgets.
Unfortunately the battery times can not serve me all day - so sad.
But now I have this battery bank and I can 3 times full charge my mobile.
Aaaand... it has two usb port so you can share it with someone - definitely you will be the lovely geek guy everywhere.
I travelled with it around Europe with bus... (never again) and without it I can not imagine this trip.
Now this is always in my bag and ready to save my digital life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable charger, 3 Jun. 2013
A great present. Quick to charge, and able to provide a number of charges for various gadgets considering the number of different adaptors available. A must have for anyone on the move, travelling, camping etc......

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Battery Pack Ever!!, 27 May 2011
The TeckNet 11000mAh battery pack and charger is an almost perfect answer to the portable power needs of smartphone, MP3 player, and tablet PC users.

I have had this battery for a few weeks now and had the chance to use it through the Holidays and also at CES. it was able to charge my iPhone 4G 5 times and my iPad once from 0% to 100% before it was running out of power.

A GREAT charger! I highly recommend it! It may seem expensive but the value far exceeds the price! Do not hesitate! It's a great idea going on any extended trips, even for a night or a weekend! Just bring the charger and the AC charger and you're good to go! All your electronics are charged!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, excellent quality., 19 Nov. 2014
J. Harris (Zurich, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This is the 10000mAH battery type. It is a heavy chocolate bar-shaped object that comes with a single, detachable micro-usb to usb cable. This is used to charge your phone from your battery, or by reversing the cable, to charge the battery from the wall using any three-pin to usb wall socket such as the one that came with your phone.

This is a serious heavy duty battery that will charge most phones from 0% to 100% 4 times over on one charge. It isn't the sort of thing that's comfortable to carry in your pocket but certainly something to leave charging in the car, in your briefcase or (in my case) to travel with. Oftentimes I'm out of business abroad for a full day without the opportunity to charge the phone (this is also much more discrete than finding a wall socket to plug into).

This has an on/off switch and four blue LEDs (not too bright) to display charge level.

4.0 out of 5 stars [Updated March '15] A stylish portable charger and good value to boot!, 23 Nov. 2014
The Gadget Blokey (North East England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
To gain brand superiority in the Smartphone and Tablet markets, competing manufacturers are all trying to outdo each other by cramming more functionality and larger screens with higher pixel densities into smaller and thinner devices. Whilst this is an admirable goal, advances in mobile battery technology do not seem to be keeping pace and so a smaller physical space for batteries means you have to be lumbered with a smaller capacity battery and ergo shorter battery life. To make things even worse, more and more manufacturers are opting for non-removable batteries so you do not even have the option to carry a spare to mitigate the situation.

If you spend most of your time at home or in an office environment then this might not cause too many issues. If, however, you work somewhere or are going somewhere that wall plugs or USB ports are not readily available then chances are that you will need a mobile power source such as this if you want your phone to see the day through.

Delivery of the battery was made in the Amazon Frustration Free cardboard packaging, which was certainly appreciated over those plastic packets that can be torture to get in to. In the box was the battery pack itself along with a micro USB charging cable but no wall adaptor, so if you don't already have an adaptor from another product to hand then you will have to buy one to charge this pack.

I bought the 10,000mAh Black version which is quite a stylish bit of kit. As J. Harris quite perceptively put in their review, it is roughly the same footprint of a large chocolate bar, more specifically the larger '99p' ones that you can get from corner shops. The majority of the pack is covered with a textured matt black finish with the Tecknet brand name and logo on the top and the model details printed on the underside. On the top of the device the matt black finish is contrasted with a Glossy piano black area, which contains the Power Button and the charge indicator. On all four sides of the device we do have areas with a matt blue finish that further adds to the aesthetic appeal. The bottom end of the device is completely empty but the top end of the device, near the power button, has our collection of ports.

There is a micro USB port for charging the battery pack itself and this is flanked on one side by a full sized USB port with a 1A output for charging smartphones and on the other a second port with a 2.1A output for charging tablets. All these ports are helpfully labelled as to their function.

Operation is a cinch. To charge the pack you just connect it to the mains using the Micro USB 'in' port and the LED lights will flash to indicate the level of charge. When all 4 lights are steadily lit and not flashing then the pack is fully charged. Charging from 0% to 100% takes around 9-10 hours in my experience. If you want to check the remaining charge level just press the power button once and the LED lights will flash briefly to give an approximate indication of the power left in the pack. To charge a device from the pack you just connect the two using a charging cable and press the power button. The charging indicator will flash when it is charging and you won't miss them as those lights are quite distractingly bright. Don't even think of trying to charge something by your bed whilst you sleep as it will light up the room. When the device is fully charged then the pack 'should' shut off.

So far, I've used this to charge the following devices - the 'OnePlus One' smartphone and the 'LG GPad 8.3' tablet.

I have noticed a weird quirk with the charging for the OnePlus One which is that even when the phone is fully charged, the charging indicator on the pack is still flashing, as if the One is still drawing power. I thought that this was possibly because the phone was switched on so, the second and third times I charged the phone I did it with the phone switched off. The same thing happened, it was still drawing charge. To be honest, I'd lay this one at the feet of the handset though as the charging on it can be a bit 'quirky' to say the least and when I charged the LG GPad the charging did shut off when the battery was full.

So, my take-away from all this is as follows. This is not a bad device at all and is quite a stylish looking bit of kit. It's not overly big, bulky or heavy. It's functioned well so far, does every thing it's supposed to and served well on a recent weekend trip away to Manchester when the hotel room I was in only had one free plug! It's definitely a useful type of gadget to have and my experience with this one so far is that it's very much recommendable.

I'd initially left a review for this device which was only 3 stars. This was not due to any problem with the device itself but more the listing on Amazon making some claims that I felt didn't hold up. The listing has now been amended and those claims removed and so I think it's only fair to update the review and rating accordingly since the concerns I initially had are no longer valid.

As a final note, if you buy this battery pack and wish to purchase a case for it then the EasyAcc ® Black Customized Pouch Case Bag is a perfect fit and a good pick at a decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great value!, 24 Aug. 2013
Got this for £14 some months ago, have used it at least 20-30 times so far and no faults. It's great to relax about never running out of battery. It's a bit big for a pocket, but it's perfect for keeping in a bag day-to-day.

Takes a while to charge but thats ok, have to charge overnight. Torch is useful but not as bright as the iPhone torch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Well, 21 Mar. 2015
This product worked well and charged my devices when required.

It's design is good and it's charging performance was acceptably good.

Would I buy the same unit again?. No - I would buy something else next time instead.

They are very useful for days out, camping, boat trips etc and if you haven't already bought a battery charger I would recommend that you buy one.

One tip that I would give though folks is not to go for a big, long, thin, smooth, shiny gloss one as they are very slippery when you are handling them and I recently had a £70 one that slipped out of my hand and no longer works as it used to. I only had it about a month.