on 26 July 2012
These pouches will protect lenses from light knocks, scratches, dust and rain.
They appear to be well made and properly stitched.
The dimensions are accurate, but remember to knock a bit off the height, to allow for the pouch to be drawn closed over the lens.
The toggles work ok and enable the pouches to be securely closed.
The clips are plastic, but seem to be strong enough to do the job.
A loop in the side of all but the smallest pouch (why not?), allows them to be fitted to a belt or strap. (A more secure option than the plastic clip)
They could of course be used to protect flashguns or any other equipment.
I think they are excellent for the price and will be ordering another set.
These pouches are great for either moving lenses around, or if you want to sell old lenses on something like ebay but don't have the original packaging and don't want that to cause reduced sale price. As an avid buyer of old glass, I'd actually prefer to see a lens in one of these than the original box!

Worth noting that you should NOT be storing your lenses in a lens pouch (and certainly not in a lens bag, irrespective of how good or expensive it is). Lenses like light and to be used often. Store them in a clear airtight plastic box with a silica pouch in it, use the lenses often, and never leave them in the original box or a lens bag/pouch for months at a time. That way they will last you a lifetime and you will never see the dreaded 'decreasing contrast' (caused by dust and fungus: even if you can't see it, all lenses will suffer from it to some extent unless you keep them properly stored).
11 comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2013
Using these with a selection of Canon lenses that this product says it supports.
Good material, strong beltloops, sturdy plastic clips all worthy of five stars. However all four are slightly too narrow as the diameter is slightly too small making it feel like you are squeezing the lenses in rather than sliding them. Draw strings also don't pull as tight or as easily as you'd hope. Also the generic sizes of S,M,L,XL are all slightly too small in my opinion. I would perhaps not have noticed these flaws if it wasn't for also owning the ActivePro lens pouches: Active Pro - High Grade Protective Neoprene Lens Pouch for Canon EOS Lenses - 4 Size Multi Pack (S, M, L & XL) - Hook and Belt Loop
The alternate product comes at the same price but has all the above flaws fixed. Maybe Nikon and Sony lenses will fit better but for Canon lenses get the Active Pro models instead.
on 8 April 2013
These are decent pouches to give your lenses that extra bit of protection from dust etc. If, like me, you have a decent bag, you might find the pouches a bit overkill. The neoprene gives it a classy finish while adding the spongy protection from minor shocks, but they won't do much on their own against bumps and are not to be considered an alternative to a good padded bag with dividers.

Also, the "water-resistant" nature of neoprene will not stop water from getting in altogether - if you get them wet, after a while it will eventually soak through to the inside (I've tested this by simulating a splash). I was satisfied that it protected the contents from the initial body of water, but be warned that if they got wet with lenses inside, you would not want to leave them in there for too long...

For less than a tenner, it's a worthwhile investment to protect your gear.

Dropped a star because the stitching finish (on the inside of the pouch where you can't see it) is loose and slightly shabby - and this is on all four of the pouches so seems to be a fault of the manufacturing process. If the loose threads were pulled (for example caught on a lens), it will undo the seam.
on 6 March 2013
the med one fits my 17 - 85mm
the large one fits my 70-300mm
both lens are Canon products
nicely made
on 16 December 2013
I recomend these should you not wish to use a standard camera bag to carry lenses around, it does a very good job of not banging and scratching into each other.

Please note the pouches are not wide enough for my "Trinity of Nikon lenses" (14-24mm + 24-70mm + 70-200mm f2.8) WITH their hoods however, my 50mm 1.4 fits sniggly into the small pouch.
on 16 February 2013
Based on another customer's comments I purchased this set of covers, which are very reasonably priced, to find a cover for my Canon 28-135 lens. None of the covers was wide enough to fit with the lens hood in its normal reversed position, as is the usual way to store a lens. This is unfortunate as otherwise the quality and design would have been good. I am now trying to find out how to return this item, which is not so easy, being a Market place seller, as returning an Amazon purchase.
on 24 September 2013
Excellent value for the price and well made with good stitching. I have bought these for my other non-lens photographic accessories (I use Lowepro cases for my lenses). Good protection in transit for my tripod head, remote timer release, charger, etc.
on 21 March 2016
I'm quite satisfied with these, I bought them for my Canon lenses.
I find that the clips for hanging the pouches are not of great use, and they take up unecessary space. I don't like an expensive lens to go dangling from a bag. the side strap to attach on a belt is more secure. I will probably remove them somehow.
The small pouch fits my Cacnon 50 F/1.4 but is a little tight.
I use the other (M, L, XL) for: EF 17-40L f4, EF 24-105L f4, EF 70-200L f2.8 (without hoods or tripod collars) and they fit very well, it's easy to take them in and out of the pouches.
on 11 February 2014
I bought these cases to store all my lenses when not using my proper camera bag. My main needs were a good level of protection and a range of sizes to cover my various lenses.

The cases are really well made, not premium in feel (few loose threads here and there) but definitely well made and surprisingly firm (exactly what I needed). The handles and clips on each lens case are really useful and make it very easy to remove the lenses from bags and attach to other bags or belts as required.

The pull close tops on the lens cases are quite firm so it can be hard to get a clean "seal" but they are certainly sufficient when transporting the lenses in a bag, just not sure about transporting them say on a belt or outside a bag if weather wasn't great (not that you'd use cases like these in that context!). I would prob suggest shortening the pull cords as they seem very long (much longer than necessary, but that's jut me being fussy!)

I used the cases as follows, the S holds my 50mm f1.8 perfectly, the M holds my 17-85mm f4 is comfortably and the L happily looks after my Samyang 35mm f1.4. I'm yet to use the XL but looks like it will suit a chunky 70-200mm easily enough.

Would highly recommend getting these, can't be beaten for the price.