on 24 April 2014
Very pleased with this. Needed a portable charger for my iPhone 4s as it's battery is becoming increasingly unreliable. This is incredibly handy and gives my phone a 'normal' battery again.
on 27 July 2014
When I first received the device, it arrived in plastic box with no instructions on how to use it - how do you know when it's fully charged, can it be charged while the phone is connected to it, etc. - so I had to work it out for myself. Once I had worked that out, the device worked well,... for a few days. About 5 days in, I noticed that the charger port on the device was loose and the device wasn't charging. I had to wiggle the cable around to get it into a position that would allow the device to charge. eventually I had to wedge a piece of paper in between the cable and the port so that there was contact and the device would charge. Then one morning about 3 days later when I tried to remove the charger cable from the device, the entire port that the cable plugs into, came out of the device and was still attached to the cable. I tried to put the port back into the device, but the whole thing needs to be taken apart and soldered back together again. So, to sum up, the first few days was great, it worked as it said it would, but then it just fell apart and is now just a cover for the phone.
on 1 March 2014
Good:
it fits the phone well,
has nice feel,
charges the phone when it is low or flat
isn't too bulky or overly heavy and doesn't change the balance of the phone too badly

Bad:
One of the side lugs has broken off already (suggest it stays on to prevent this - carrying around in pocket or bag leaves it susceptible to breaking any of the lugs off.
It givens no indication of how much charge it has left therefore I find I am charging the battery nearly as much as the phone - the led should show charge available and you could make a decision based on that - have had it run out without charging the phone much at all.
It doesn't seem to 'fast' charge the phone as much as I thought it would - takes ages to get he battery back to 100% form say 40%and seems to drain this battery flat doing it.
The pass through is very strange - if you want to charge the phone battery quickly you need to remove this external battery - charging the phone from the battery and then charging the battery at the same time (which seems to be the only way to do this) when it is fitted to the phone takes a long time - if you want a fast charge on the phone take it off this external battery.

As an emergency restorer of power to a dying phone it works for me - as a means of extending the battery life of the phone or reducing the charging overhead it doesn't - it actually increases the charging overhead and makes it slightly worse but that is probably just my usage patterns.
on 11 March 2014
Excellent I went on a 6 hour bike ride with cycle app running all the time and it lost battery just as I got home , normally I get an hour with the app running
on 20 June 2015
The is the second one purchased in the last 2 years. the first one lasted 9 months and the second one lasted only 4 months. The charging connector is so flimsy that after a few months becomes very loose and finally snaps. I tried to resolder it myself but to no avail. If you charge this on a regular basis buy something better, this is a cheap and nasty accessory.
on 10 October 2013
I had previously used the iWalk product in this category, but had problems re-fitting the exchangeable coloured covers after removing the phone for cleaning.

After downloading iOS 7, my iPhone 4 seems to use up the battery significantly faster, so I was attracted by this charger case which provides a very favourable 2350mAh and much cheaper than the iWalk. It came ready charged, and after leaving it on charge overnight it has now been in continuous use for over 12 hours and still providing juice, while the phone itself still has an undented 100% charge. It also uses the standard iPhone connector rather than a mini-USB. On the back of the case it claims to be designed by Apple in California and assembled in China.

The only slight criticism I can offer is that there are no LEDS to indicate how much charge is left while in use or how far re-charging has progressed.
on 3 June 2014
This item looks the part even down to the legend "designed by Apple in California" on the back, unfortunately the connector is poorly assembled and failed to accept the charge cable after just three charges from new - very frustrating and not so great if you're away from home and are relying on the charger pack to provide the power back-up it was purchased to provide! It is not robust and not fit for purpose. I would suggest paying more for a better made, reliable product - I have returned the faulty item for a refund and will be doing just that. Definitely an example of you get what you pay for!
on 5 November 2013
It worked well for sometime then for whatever reason decided to stop working, it's quite chunky but not uncomfortable. Very hand for long days/nights out, especially when you need the extra power supply to get you home. One other criticism is it's quite awkward when taking the phone out of the case it's probably a fault to the designer not adding a smooth way off the charger.

It's cheap but not entirely cheaply built, does take sometime to get used to the additional weight of your phone but in time you'll be used to the addition.

It came well packaged and on time
on 15 July 2014
Rubbish . The dock Connecter is too sensitive !
on 20 March 2014
My daughter uses her IPhone a lot, especially when she is out and about in London. She needed the charger case to save her from having to recharge everywhere she goes. It seems to be working well and she is very pleased. She has even been able to help out her model friends when their phones have gone flat. Reminds me of the parable of the wise virgins in the Gospels: bring your IPhone but do not forget your battery charger or you may be left weeping and gnashing in the dark!