5.0 out of 5 stars top quality

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you are on a tight budget
Published 12 months ago by shepherdhill

5.0 out of 5 stars top quality, 9 Jan 2013
R. Haddlesey - See all my reviews
This review is from: 24pcs Square Full + Graduated Filter Set + 9 Size Adapter Ring Filter Holder for cokin p series LF78 (Electronics)
Remarkable quality. The build quality is equal to any cokin accessory I own. I'm amazed really by the price. Its all here, so many filters and all packed in a well made case. One case contains the graduated filters, the other case contains the full colour filters. The mounting bracket is identical to the Cokin mount so you can use up to 4 filters if you wished. Everything comes in is own little plastic bag within the case. The lens adapters are well made from metal.

I cannot believe the build quality for the price, I thoroughly recommend this product. I received it within 3 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Son's GCSE and A level Photography, 8 Nov 2013
Great value. Ok so not top end stuff, but can't fault it really. Has saved having to mess around with the images too much afterwards, which feels more like Art than Photography to me and of course you get some idea how the image will appear whilst on site rather than having to wait until you get home on the PC... Or is it because I'm too old for all this post processing stuff

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you are on a tight budget, 14 July 2013
shepherdhill (Long Eaton Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
These square filters looked great value & were dispatched quickly by the market place seller. They are similar in size & design to the Cokin "P" series filters. You do get a lot for your money with 24 square filters 12 graduated & 12 solid, a filter holder & every conceivable sized lens adapter from 49 - 82mm. In practice I found these filters to be of poor quality. First & foremost they are not as robust as some reviewers have said because they scratch easily. I have mostly used the Graduated ND filters & although they come in wallets each filter is also in its own clear plastic sleeve to prevent scratching & when in the field it is far too tricky to reuse these so you tend to put them back into the wallet without this added protection & they get scratched. Secondly I found that the Neutral Graduated filters added a Magenta cast to my images when used with long exposures. The longer the exposure the greater the cast. The problem is more noticeable the further away from the lens the filter is placed. Also the holder is visible when used with a super wide angle lens such as a 10mm (APSC size) Not for the series landscape photographer. I am a club photographer & I feel that these filters will not stand up to more than one seasons use in the field. They may however be fine for you if you are only an occasional snapper who doesn't generally take long exposures or use a super wide angle lens for your landscape images.

4.0 out of 5 stars Filters, 15 Nov 2013
I have used these filters a lot now and although they tend to be a bit fiddly for me they do a good job with no vignetting.
For the price I paid I recommend the to all, they even come in wallets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 24 Nov 2013
Arrived next day and items were all individually wrapped which I appreciated. Went out same day to take pictures. The adapter ring and filter holder were very robust and up to the task. Couple of filters were tight to fit but other than that a good budget set of filters to get someone like me back into photography using filters. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap filters., 23 Feb 2013
There cheap and plenty of them brought 2 one for myself and one for my son, they seem fine, only problem I noticed was the ND and grad ND filters, I already have the Cokin versions of these, and the is a big difference in the how dark the filters are, these were about 2 to 3 times darker, and had a slightly different tint, but I could ably buy 1 or 2 Cokin filters for the price of this whole set, none of the filters are marked to tell you which is which, but that's not a real problem, the holder is identical to the Cokin holder, but one great part, is the amount of rings you get for the holder, last year I had to buy one from a height street camera shop at £12 each and you get 9 in this set, and as I have 5 lenses all with different screw in threads, even without the filters, this still is a cheap option just for the holder, hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap way to buy most of filters you will ever need, 11 April 2013
Quentin Jackson (UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted to buy the Cokin ND filters. I looked on the web and in shops and discovered it could cost £60 for the holder, an adapter ring and the 6 filters. When I spotted that I could get these non branded filters for half the price and get all the colour filters, lens adapters as well I decided it was a clear no brainer, buy them from XCSOURCE. These are a really good way to get into experimenting using filters for photography.
I thought I would never want the colour filters but can work really well. I would recommend looking on the Cokin website at how the filters can be used.

5.0 out of 5 stars XCSOURCE® 34 in 1 for Cokin P Gradual + Full Color Filter + 2 Cases..., 9 Jan 2013
Great little set of filters. I know it's not top of the range but it's fine for many situations.
very promp service. No probs encountered

4.0 out of 5 stars great buy for someone starting with square filters., 30 Jan 2014
having recently renewed my interest in photography i started putting together some "advanced" equipment. square filters are expensive so this well priced package was an ideal starting point. first it gives you all the rings you need for a variety of lens sizes -- buying the individual rings for my lenses and two useful wallet holders would probably have cost as much as the entire set here.

so far so good, but admittedly the quality of the filters themselves were disappointing, i found that quite a few of them left a colored shadow over the picture at first i though it was my lack of skill with them but holding up to the light i noticed a few filters had a slight tint on the area that was supposed to be clear. but i wouldn't let that put you off as a beginner. what i was able to do was use the filters and decide what ones suited my style of photography ie landscape mostly and from there i was able to purchase better quality ones in the knowledge i was buying what i needed and spending money wisely.

i have gave the product 4 stars because at the price you cant complain, you get all the lens fitments you need for various lenses, two well made pouches that will be well used so even taking the filters out the equation i believe you still get good a good bargain. as i said ideal to practice with and experiment to see what filters you actually want and spending money on better quality ones and of course you still have these ones to practice with or just experiment. despite the great value and was tempted to give 5 stars i decided on the four just because some of the filters really were a little poor in quality. still great value to get you started though and lets you decide exactly what to buy before parting with the cost of more expensive items. i wouldn't knock them as a starters kit but be pepared to splash out on better quality once you know what you need/want

4.0 out of 5 stars filter set, 19 Mar 2014
as yet have not had time to try them but I think that they will be suitable as that was what I had wanted and they arrived and were as described