5.0 out of 5 stars A great kettle
Published 14 months ago by RK

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks terribly
Looks nice but leaks terribly from spout and also on base.
Very disappointed. Expected more from Russel Hobbs. Returning this item.
Published 15 months ago by Annika Meiklejohn

5.0 out of 5 stars A great kettle, 16 July 2013
I have waited a while to write this review due to the problems that some customers have reported. I am happy to say I have had no issues with this kettle. It boils quickly and due to the flat element is capable of boiling small quantities of water. The kettle is also aesthetically pleasing. The only slightly negative note is that it is much lighter in colour than you would expect with a description of cream, I would describe it as being off white rather than cream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks every box and more, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18941 Colours Kettle - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Now I don't normally take time writing reviews but I do read them, and quietly thank those who really do add insight, so here's my effort. OK The old cordless suddenly died and we endured 2 days of heating water on the hob (and seeing all the hardwater build up very quickly). With such a huge range, we consulted Which? and then read the reviews here on Amazon.
I chose this one for price and looks as well as matching others as a jug, with a nice design, side rather than top handle, good pourer and quick boiler, and via Amazon, which never fails to deliver excellent service

So now I've had this kettle 2 days and discover it has (if registered online) a THREE YEAR WARRANTY! We are obviously hard on kettles as ours rarely last more than 367 days ..... We've had expensive ones, very cheap ones and this is in the middle, but its the first with such a lng guarantee.

It looks really good, not heavy, is much shorter (9" or 24cm high incl base) and even sleeker than I expected, fills easily with our new hose type kitchen tap, boils quickly and whilst it isn't quiet, its OK for noise, The water level is clear and subtlely placed and the on off switch lights up as well as makes a definite sound/action. What else, the lid is easy to lift but be careful if you are refilling form a just boiled kettle as the steam can catch your hand if you hold it too close to the top. The handle is easy to lift & control and it pours very well, with no spurts or drips. Oh yes and probably one of the most important points, we haven't had that horrible metallic taste some kettles give off
Overall verdict? Everyone is pleased with it and I am REALLY pleased. Now all we need to know is how long it lasts. I'll try to add something to this if it gives up quickly but I'm not too bothered with the long warranty carefully stored away ....

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good & does the job, 5 Jan 2013
J. Severn (LONDON United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18941 Colours Kettle - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Only quibble is that the handle design makes it a bit heavy and awkward if you are elderly or have any wrist weakness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18941 Colours Kettle - Red (Kitchen & Home)
This kettle looks a little smaller than a normal kettle but that is deceptive - it takes a full 1.7 litres. It boils quickly, reasonably quietly and pours really easily as it is well balanced. The water meter is behind the handle but I just peer in the top when filling and stop when it looks right - got it down to a fine art now with enough water but very little spare. It can boil just the one cup or the full 1.7L so it is economical as well as cute. It is all metal so you wouldn't want to leave it where little hands could touch it but as we no longer have little hands in the house that isn't a problem and it should mean it lasts forever. It seems really sturdily made and th finish quality is excellent... every bit as good as much more expensive kettles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realy nice kettle, 31 May 2013
Light cream colour that matches my NEXT coffee,tea sugar holders. Easy to fill and nice pourer. Good size and easy to hold. Good price aswell as some cream kettles realy expensive.Just what i wanted thankyou.

4.0 out of 5 stars stylish item, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18941 Colours Kettle - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Mostly excellent to use and nice colour. Only slight criticism is that it is a little difficult to guage the right amount of water, because of the position of the measure. I am sure we will get used to this though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and good looking, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18941 Colours Kettle - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Loved the colour and the design and looks great on my worktop. Fast boiling but perhaps a bit on the heavy side but looks built to last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, decent value, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18941 Colours Kettle - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Compared to our last "full size" 1.7l kettle, this unit is quite a lot smaller - not a bad thing on a crowded worktop. It seems to be good quality and looks nice. We have the red metal version which I'm hoping won't show water marks quite as much as the polished stainless steel ones tend to. It boils quickly - a full kettle boiled in 3min 40 secs - and whilst I'm slightly disappointed with myself for timing a kettle, I found this type of info useful on other reviews so will just tell myself that it was for the greater good. As for the noise (as mentioned in other reviews), I wouldn't say it's particularly noisy - in fact it's definitely quieter than it's predecessor, another Russell Hobbs kettle. It's not silent, but it's not noticeably noisy in my opinion. All in all, a good item for the price, particularly as the red ones were quite a bit cheaper than some of the other colours at the time of purchase.

UPDATE: After a month of use, I'm still very pleased with the product and am happy to report that the coloured finish is indeed more resistant to water marks than the polished metal finishes. In fact there's not a mark to be seen on it - a big improvement on the polished finishes, which I find get marked very quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks terribly, 30 May 2013
Looks nice but leaks terribly from spout and also on base.
Very disappointed. Expected more from Russel Hobbs. Returning this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars RUSSELL HOBBS KETTLE, 17 Sep 2013
This is a nice looking kettle, but found it noisy and a bit unsteady on it's base when boiling. Had to return it. I'm surprised at Russell Hobbs as they always have had a good reputation for quality products.

Russell Hobbs 18941 Colours Kettle - Red