5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!
Published 18 months ago by Pantheon

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing the best track
I bought this CD specifically for the piece of music that is in the background when Norman confronts Aggie... and it has been missed off! Very very annoyed.
Published 9 months ago by Rhianna King

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 1 May 2013
Pantheon (Boston, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: ParaNorman (Audio CD)
I'm a collector of movie scores; but I'm not the sort of person who breaks them down to their minutest detail when reviewing. I don't really know enough about music to determine whether the instruments blend together nicely or if the music is evocative of this or that - what I want to know is whether the score is good as a stand-alone listening experience, while still managing to recall the images from the film into your mind. I buy a lot of scores without ever seeing the movie (based on who the composer is).
ParaNorman score does everything I want from a film score easily.
I'd never heard of Jon Brien; but, upon watching the movie, I was very impressed by the music and instantly ordered it. It's a beautifully written score that veers from melancholy tunes through horror-film styles and touching drama. There really is a bit of everything in this score - much the same as the film. I've listened to it four times today already and will probably listen to it more in the next few days. Highly recommended to any collector of film scores.

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing the best track, 28 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars We are all the same in the end!, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: ParaNorman (Audio CD)
Jon Brion has composed a very mellow and uplifting soundtrack, filled with beautiful melodies which touch the more sensitive notes behind these stop-motion puppets antics and jokes and back stories. It was a moving film and musically inspiring however the music from the film is not all here. Maybe we can expect a complete recording here one day, until then, this album offers most of the score.

I would like to add, that Romany Titre, a relatively unknown singer/song writer, has posted on YouTube a song inspired from Norman's Walk (track 3), her lyrics to Jon Brion's music fit with the films message perfectly, (that we are all the same essentially because we are all heading towards the same end, that commonality between us, makes us remember we are all the same, "in the end", and knowing this, we should value our short lives and get along).., when I heard her version of Norman's song, I thought it was from the film and I actually feel a little disappointed that her song isn't on the album, her lyrics keep turning over and over in my head "we know the truth is just like you...., so quick to judge, so slow to love, why can't you understand, we're all the same in the end.." maybe someone will hear her song and include it one day on the album and film. Do listen to it on YouTube! Her voice is beautiful!

This is a wonderful soundtrack, do buy it if you loved the film, it will transport you back there!

1.0 out of 5 stars incomplete soundtrack, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: ParaNorman (Audio CD)
disgusted that they missed off the piece of music I actually bought this for.
(the bit where he tells the story to aggie)
very very annoyed.

ParaNorman
ParaNorman by Jon Brion (Audio CD - 2012)