on 14 April 2014
I bought two of these kits for our upcoming holiday.

When they arrived I initially thought they were ok, nothing special. But on closer inspection I noticed some concerning issues.

Firstly, the masks are way too small for adults. It does say adult masks on the description but, if you can get the mask on in the first place, as an adult wearing the mask the field of vision is much smaller than it should be with the mask stuck tight to your face. Neither myself nor my husband have particularly big heads and we've used snorkel kits before.

I then noticed that the packaging on the front has a spelling mistake "Comforatable" as opposed to "comfortable". It also claims it's a polycarbonate lens but then when you turn over the packaging then says that it's tempered glass and has yet more spelling mistakes. The masks are not tempered glass and actually appear to be plastic. It also claims it's a silcone skirt but it looks more to me like PVC. The skirt on one of the masks got crumpled in the packaging and was impossible to unfold because it's too stiff. The masks were very uncomfortable with hard plastic skirts digging into your face. I have had a silicone skirted mask before but I am not an expert in the field at all. However, to me, this is not silicone.

The masks also smell very strongly of plastic but I guess that can happen with any new plasticy item.

I contacted the seller to say that these were obviously fake as a reputable company and manufacturer would not send out items with mismatched packaging, with spelling mistakes on the packaging and with the description on the packaging not matching the item. The seller responded to say that this is the genuine article and invited me to contact the manufacturer to verify it which I have done. Osprey are now investigating.

Now it could be that this seller is just an innocent party in all of this and actually these masks are coming out of the Osprey factory wrong but either way I would not use this kit. I certainly wouldn't be putting an unknown plastic product in my mouth.

The seller claims that I have to post the kit back to them for them to consider before refunding my money. Firstly, I'm not sending a fake item back for them to sell on to someone else and secondly for the cost of the masks, the amount I would have to pay in postage to ensure secure delivery probably outweighs most of the money I'd get back.

I'd also much rather keep the masks and send them on to trading standards.

We have now purchased two new masks from a well known sports store with silicone skirt and tempered glass lens for the same price as these kits. The money I wasted on these could have been used to buy even better kits (or a mojito or two on holiday!).

My advice would be to avoid buying these all together.
on 20 May 2013
bought this snorkel as it was cheap but still had good reviews. It did not disappoint. I was snorkelling in the Maldives and it was just what i needed. it did need adjusting to get it just right but then worked perfectly. A good buy and will be used again!
on 31 January 2013
good buy .. bought this when going to the carraibean my son was snorkeling for ages did not have any leeks
on 17 September 2013
Have bought two of these snorkel sets to go away on holiday, However while trying to adjust them to make them fit, just two days before I depart, I have noticed that one of them isn't waterproof. Where the inside rubber seal was improperly removed from the mass mould during manufacture, it's left a hole. Have tried to fill it with superglue and am hoping for the best. Too late to re-order before I leave. Not happy at all..

In addition to my previous review, I contacted the seller, and after a brief e-mail exchange, including photographic proof of the hole, they agreed to refund the full cost of one of the snorkels, which in fairness they did. promptly. We took the remaining useable snorkel on holiday. The strap was fiddly to alter, and although ours didn't break, as I took extra care having read previous reviews, I can see how the brittle plastic could snap easily. The mask was very clear, though it was a poor fit and let water into the nose section on a number of occasions. The snorkel itself is excellent. The purge valve worked fine, though I never had to use it, because it didn't let water in at all, so for that I've added an extra star. However the poor mask, left me feeling unconfident in the sea, and I would not buy a this in the future.
on 19 September 2013
This looks to be (I haven't used it yet) a good quality item, although don't expect Zeiss-like optical clarity from the goggles.
I am sure they will work fine, but....and it's a BIG but. If you have a large head I would NOT recommend these. I have a medium size head and I have had to pull out the head strap to its limits and they are still a little tight.

The visor is also quite small and doesn't give a very big field of vision - another reason that makes me think that these are designed for children .
on 25 May 2013
Perfect fitting mask with no leaking, can't believe how good quality this set is for the price. Nothing else to be said really, just save your time searching and just buy this one, trust me you won't be disappointed!
on 17 July 2013
They work perfectly and are a fraction of the cost of some competitors. I bought blue and red sets and both worked equally well
on 30 March 2013
I chose this because it was cheap but had good reviews. I used it while in Australia and it did the job perfectly. It took me a few goes in the water until I got the mask at the right tightness but after that it was watertight. Even when it hadn't been at the perfect tightness it still let in very little water. Easy to use and rinse until the next time! I would definitely recommend. No need to pay more.
on 22 November 2013
Juest returned from Sharm, first time snorkelling, wow, what an experience. This product does the job, yes they were a wee bit small for my head and they did leak a bit but at eight quid, they were a bargain. Get yourself some wet shoes on amazon rather than paying £10 for a cheap pair in Sharm.
on 10 November 2013
Took this away on holiday to Kos this year, the main reason for buying it. This worked very well, no problems with it at all. The water was very clear with the mask on, and saw plenty of fish, and things you would normally miss. What a good addition to the holiday list this was.