5.0 out of 5 stars v good snorkel
bought this snorkel as it was cheap but still had good reviews. It did not disappoint. I was snorkelling in the Maldives and it was just what i needed. it did need adjusting to get it just right but then worked perfectly. A good buy and will be used again!
Published 22 months ago by Sarah Wilkinson

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product AVOID AVOID AVOID
I bought two of these kits for our upcoming holiday.

When they arrived I initially thought they were ok, nothing special. But on closer inspection I noticed some concerning issues.

Published 11 months ago by Weeone

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product AVOID AVOID AVOID, 14 April 2014
This review is from: OSPREY ADULTS MASK & SNORKEL SET SNORKELLING SWIMMING DIVING ULTRA CLEAR (Misc.)
I bought two of these kits for our upcoming holiday.

Firstly, the masks are way too small for adults. It does say adult masks on the description but, if you can get the mask on in the first place, as an adult wearing the mask the field of vision is much smaller than it should be with the mask stuck tight to your face. Neither myself nor my husband have particularly big heads and we've used snorkel kits before.

I then noticed that the packaging on the front has a spelling mistake "Comforatable" as opposed to "comfortable". It also claims it's a polycarbonate lens but then when you turn over the packaging then says that it's tempered glass and has yet more spelling mistakes. The masks are not tempered glass and actually appear to be plastic. It also claims it's a silcone skirt but it looks more to me like PVC. The skirt on one of the masks got crumpled in the packaging and was impossible to unfold because it's too stiff. The masks were very uncomfortable with hard plastic skirts digging into your face. I have had a silicone skirted mask before but I am not an expert in the field at all. However, to me, this is not silicone.

The masks also smell very strongly of plastic but I guess that can happen with any new plasticy item.

I contacted the seller to say that these were obviously fake as a reputable company and manufacturer would not send out items with mismatched packaging, with spelling mistakes on the packaging and with the description on the packaging not matching the item. The seller responded to say that this is the genuine article and invited me to contact the manufacturer to verify it which I have done. Osprey are now investigating.

Now it could be that this seller is just an innocent party in all of this and actually these masks are coming out of the Osprey factory wrong but either way I would not use this kit. I certainly wouldn't be putting an unknown plastic product in my mouth.

The seller claims that I have to post the kit back to them for them to consider before refunding my money. Firstly, I'm not sending a fake item back for them to sell on to someone else and secondly for the cost of the masks, the amount I would have to pay in postage to ensure secure delivery probably outweighs most of the money I'd get back.

I'd also much rather keep the masks and send them on to trading standards.

We have now purchased two new masks from a well known sports store with silicone skirt and tempered glass lens for the same price as these kits. The money I wasted on these could have been used to buy even better kits (or a mojito or two on holiday!).

My advice would be to avoid buying these all together.

5.0 out of 5 stars v good snorkel, 20 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 31 Jan. 2013
good buy .. bought this when going to the carraibean my son was snorkeling for ages did not have any leeks

5.0 out of 5 stars No need to look at any others just buy this, 25 May 2013
Perfect fitting mask with no leaking, can't believe how good quality this set is for the price. Nothing else to be said really, just save your time searching and just buy this one, trust me you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, 17 July 2013
They work perfectly and are a fraction of the cost of some competitors. I bought blue and red sets and both worked equally well

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this really for adults?, 19 Sept. 2013
A. Maxwell (Bristol) - See all my reviews
This looks to be (I haven't used it yet) a good quality item, although don't expect Zeiss-like optical clarity from the goggles.
I am sure they will work fine, but....and it's a BIG but. If you have a large head I would NOT recommend these. I have a medium size head and I have had to pull out the head strap to its limits and they are still a little tight.

The visor is also quite small and doesn't give a very big field of vision - another reason that makes me think that these are designed for children .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 8 May 2014
I love this product. Sadly I have only tried it once as the pool I go to does not allow the use of these goggles. That is such a ridiculously stupid rule.

Overall its better then the one I rented out in Maldives.

3.0 out of 5 stars not very comfortable, 8 April 2014
Bought these for my wife as a cheaper option as i knew she would only use them occasionally, However let water in and not very comfortable compared to my slightly more expensive pair, also difficult to adjust my advise is spend a little bit more to get a better qaulity

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gear., 14 Mar. 2014
Very good fit with no leaking. Very good product for the price. The clear plastic lets a good lot of light in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Mar. 2014
Really happy with our purchase, just got back from a holiday in caribbean where we used them and found them to be perfect for use,