on 9 February 2013
Item was delivered within the specified delivery time and was well packaged when received. The tripod works great and is very lightweight, it does exactly what it should do!
This little tripod will be accompanying me to Amsterdam to do record some steady videos! :)
on 27 December 2012
Great for us older guys who can wobble a bit. Easy to use and very versatile. Dose the job it ws bought for.
on 13 February 2013
The tripod is strong, sturdy and infinitely adjustable. I cant fault it. One small point the description leads you to believe that the camea connecting block for quick release needs to be purchased seperately. This is not so, one is supplied. Very fast delivery, in fact next day and this was free post. Many thanks
on 13 June 2014
You will not find better at twice, or even 3 times the price, maybe much more...

As well as being basically stronger than most cheapies, there are come nice features like the hook for adding a weight to improve stability in a high wind. I have not needed that yet, but would suggest a big, heavy weight that sits on the ground, and a length of elastic bungee cord might work best, and reduce the risk of dropping the weight on your foot.

Spare camera mounting plates can be purchased, which is unusual in itself, and they can be fitted in all 4 orientations, so it is possible to always engage the camera anti-rotation pin, and also get the pan-tilt lever facing the way you want, not possible on some inferior items. What is more. the anti-rotation pin is spring loaded (most are not), and so will retract if you have an old camera with no hole for it.

The camera mount lies down tight against the head when used in the normal orientation, and so will not slip, unlike some which are just held by the clamp screw.

The legs, amazingly, have self-levelling anti-slip feet, not just simple rubber caps, and the telescoping clamps work well.

The height adjusting rack has a nice, positive grip-type clamp, which again works well, and keeps things stable.

The carrying case is ok too, just works as intended, with no apparent snags.

The only thing that is less than ideal is a trace of friction and lumpiness in the pan pivot, however you have to pay well over £100 to get much better, and it is very easily improved. Unscrew the pan-tilt lever and the tilt clamp screw, and inject some silicone lubricant down both holes. Refit both screws and spin it around a few times. Then, it will be everything that you will need in terms of smoothness. Please do not use ordinary mineral oil or grease, as that could seriously damage the plastic parts. I used Wickes silicone plumbers lubricant, used for the joints in drain pipes, because I had some, and it worked perfectly.

Having used two different and fairly miserable specimens, which each cost significantly more, I bought three of these, and am in no way disappointed. I would thoroughly recommend them for anyone with a strict budget. Obviously, if money is no object, you can do better, but most of us live in the real world!
on 4 February 2013
Excellent tripod for the uses I am likely to want it for and that is recording talks for transfer to DVD's Also good for setting up my camera to photograph wild life
on 26 January 2013
With such a wide choice, I found it difficult to differentiate between models. However, I found this one to be a good middle of the road tripod that met my requirements. I found it easy to use and gave good results.
on 18 May 2013
Very impressed. Light weight but seems robust. Has some nice features such as two built in spirit levels, a grip handle which makes moving it and extending/contracting the legs easy, plus a hook to attach extra weight to stabilise in windy conditions. Would definitely recommend.
on 3 February 2013
Sturdy, well made, and made a son very happy on Christmas Day. Handy carry case too. Should last him well.
on 17 January 2013
This is a very practical piece. The camera and large lens are well supported by this tripod. The carry case is very useful making it easy to transport. Recommended.
on 15 June 2013
I bought this tripod at the same time as I bought my camera. Being new to the SLR hobby I didn't want to spend too much on accessories until I was sure it would be something I would enjoy.

The main issues I have with this tripod is firstly its stability, with the camera fitted it quickly becomes quite wobbly as the tightening screws slacken off very quickly when adjusting other settings. The actual legs are fairly sturdy and I tend to hang my camera bag from the hook which again helps the stability and also keeps your gear off the ground.

The tripod is not good at all for video as the pan facility is very sticky. When you slacken off the pan to try and smooth this out the camera then wobbles on the head.

In summary I would say it is okay as a starter to see if you are going to enjoy the hobby, but you will quickly want to upgrade if you do.