Format: DVD|Change

on 3 April 2015
Hilarious if this is your bag
on 15 August 2009
Great fun for those of us of a certain age who remember watching the original! Arrived on time and in good condition.
on 12 October 2009
this Box-Set has all episodes of Monty Python, plus some additional material. You cannot watch them one after the other. If you feel like it you can always wach any of the DVD and have a good laugh. I found some episodes I never saw on TV and others I knew and was happy to see them again.

Inside the Box is another DVD case which holds all 8 DVD. The Quality is TV standard 1970 PAL 3:4.

Well, I enjoy it and if you like this mix of satire, slapstick and music you should have a look.
on 18 December 2015
As described, fast delivery
on 2 March 2015
these are great dvds thanks
on 13 February 2015
Satisfied customer. Thanks.
on 14 October 2014
in the best spike tradition
on 2 September 2010
I can remember when I watched MPFC first time it aired, I liked it for some reason, but rarely laughed. Any way, I thought that at the good price it was being offered, I'd take another look and see whether, having grown older, I'd now find it any funnier. But no, it was much the same; I watched everything over a few days, quite liking it, but not actually laughing much.

I think I like the subtlety of the ideas on some of the sketches, and the inventiveness of it all, but it isn't, at least for me, laugh-out-loud funny.

I thought the extras were very good, almost worth the price in their own right.

So what am I going to assess this on? On its humour, or its subtlety and genuine merits as groundbreaking and influential TV? Plus the excellence of the extras?

A tough one. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars, which would sum up my feelings best. On reflection, I'll round up rather than down and give it 4 stars.
on 13 October 2009
I think we all knew that this was extra special at the time. Monty Python was must see TV in our house. I don't really have anything to add to the praise that has been heaped on this collection other that to say that although the Amazon synopsis above refers to this a a comedy sketch show and in many ways it was, but with a twist.

A major Python innovations was to subvert the sketch, there was often no punchline or the sketch would either be interrupted or would blend into the next sketch. The sketches would also be seen to have an ongoing life of their own as the characters and situations might crop up in the background of a later sketch

One of my favourite memories around watching Monty Python was being called by my mother with the immortal line, "Monty Python's F'ing C is coming on."
on 10 May 2015