5.0 out of 5 stars Something completely different
I grew up watching Python on PBS Television in California. Some of the skits have become so embedded in my consciousness that I use references to it not remembering where they originated. This set is fantastic because it's got all the shows, all the famous sketches and the infamous ones. I can't explain why it makes me laugh so much but it still does. I have rediscovered...
Published on 22 April 2009 by K. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty expensive for such poor "remasters"
I would first like to say that I have been a huge Python fan since childhood, and I think it's ridiculous that the BBC won't remaster the 4 Python series, and put them out for sale in the UK.

A "Best of Flying Circus" set, just doesn't cut it, if, like me, you are a true fan, who wants to see all the sketches that they ever did!

You have to get these...
Published on 11 Mar 2006 by TV

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Box Set of Laughs, 19 Jan 2010
Michael Bowles (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
Whether its hells grannies,Spannish Inquisition,Ministry of Silly Walks or the Lumberjack song,its all here to savour time and time again in this dream box set of all the Monty Python shows from TV, all Python Fans should own this! by order of Doug and Dinsdale!

5.0 out of 5 stars monty python boxset, 16 Nov 2009
i bought this as a gift last year, the price was very god for a complete boxset and i recieved my item quickly, i was very happy with the service and so was my dad with his dvd boxset

5.0 out of 5 stars Monty Python's Flying Circus, 14 Jan 2010
Ms. K. Howard (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought as a gift, so not actually seen, but the service was fantastic, arrived in plenty of time for Christmas (even though i ordered it very late), postage was free and dvd was a lot cheaper than i would have got in the shops or other websites. my father (for whom i bought it) loves it, so all in all totally satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was a present so this is of little use, 21 Jan 2010
Mr. John W. Evans (UK) - See all my reviews
This package was well packaged and sent very quickly - it was for a present so I cannot really evaluate it any further

3.0 out of 5 stars A gift, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Monty Python's Flying Circus - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
This was bought as a gift for members of my family. They enjoyed it although it is not really my cup of tea.

3.0 out of 5 stars Monty Python, 9 Dec 2009
Discs are very difficult to remove from box, and even more difficult to put back.

Python seemed funny at the time. But now it doesn't. Very hard to raise a laugh. Apart from the well known sketches the others are just...well...silly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really a Complete boxset, 18 Dec 2009
Hey! The item it's ok and the shipping very efficient. However, the boxset originally contains only 8 discs, so don't expect all the 14 discs (?not sure about this number) that other Complete boxsets have. But enjoy watching!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable DVDs - wouldn't play, 27 Oct 2012
D. Watt "DaiHard" (Cwmbran) - See all my reviews
3 out of the 5 DVDs I tried, wouldn't play properly on any equipment. VLC crashed and my Blu-ray player seized up, need a power cycle. The last few things I have bought with a Sony name on them have been absolute rubbish quality. Sony used to stand for the opposite, but today they are cheap and unreliable, including their DVDs.
As for the content of the ones that would play - absolutely brilliant! Of course, you need some intelligence to understand some of it. I suppose that accounts for the other 1-star ratings - probably Gumbys.
You can have the funniest comedy ever, but if you can't play it: 1-star.

1.0 out of 5 stars It wont play, 2 Mar 2013
I guess I need to return it. Im sure it would be OK but when I place it in my DVD player it says. "it wont play because it is in the wrong region"???
If it would play I would rate it higher.
???Maybe British products don't play in the US???

1.0 out of 5 stars Possible many of these reviews are just written by the same people over and over again, 8 Jun 2013
CV (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monty Python's Flying Circus - Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
This silly, badly acted TV show from the late 60's has actually very few reviews on this board. Most of these reviews are just one-dimensional, largely non-informative, overly flattering reports of the show that mostly all sound alike. If it is a one-star review it is usually just picking on the material DVD the show comes in.
Here's a real review of the show.
The opening theme is mostly just borrowed from the Liberty Bell March. It has no originality.
The acting is often stiff for real and minus any real timing (weren't these guys just a few years out of college when they did this show?). Nobody can sing or dance well and some skits call for them to do just that. A wish for more guest stars on this show was strong in many viewers!

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›