5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Remington I Have Used
Published 18 months ago by Brett H

3.0 out of 5 stars remington r7150
arrived on time does not shave as close as my old remington holds charge very well but l am not over impressed
Published 12 months ago by parky138

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Remington I Have Used, 3 Oct 2012
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Remington R7150 Black Diamond X Rotary Shaver (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Remington shavers for many years, and I guess I must be on about my fourth currently which is a Remington R6130 Diamond Rotary. This shaver has a significantly higher recommended retail price than that one, about 50% higher. However, at the time of writing their prices are very close, within a couple of pounds to purchase on Amazon. In appearance the Black Diamond razor is attractive, but the shape and feel of it is very similar to the model I am used to, even down to the digital display of the number of minutes of charge left. It is ergonomically efficient and feels good in the hand.

However, what I am interested in personally, is not the appearance or sound quality of a razor, but purely and simply the quality of shave. Having been on the last few days of a holiday, I had rather idly neglected to shave for a while so had 3-4 days of unsightly stubble to deal with. Now I have had electric razors which would have struggled here and even rather painfully caught the hairs and jammed up. However, the R7150 just took it all in its stride and the shave quality was superb. I have always thought it was perceived wisdom that no electric razor would ever give quite as smooth a shave as a manual razor with soap and water, but I take that back, as I doubt the result could have been bettered.

Unlike some other reviewers I have no experience of other makes such as Philishave so I can only compare this razor with other Remingtons I have used. However, Remington's claim is that this gives a smoother shave than other rotary razors they have manufactured, and my experience would certainly support this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Shaver, 9 Jun 2013
I am very satisfied, especially after the experience with other brands. Responsive, ergonomic, powerful, reliable and very comfortable in use. Fast battery charging.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plasticky - but surprisingly good at shaving., 18 Oct 2012
n7misc (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Remington rotary shaver replaced a ten years old Philishave rotary shaver.

According to the packaging, a major selling point of this shaver is "400% better glide". My old Philishave had three all-metal cutter heads. The Remington has some sort of black coating on the cutter heads which sit within a slippery plastic head assembly. My first impression was that this looks a little cheap. However, the Remington definitely does glide noticably more smoothly across my gnarly face than the all-metal philishave heads. Maybe not "400%" bettter. But definitely better.

The "individual flexing" capability of the cutters sitting atop the "self-adjusting pivot" head also seem to track one's facial contours very well when combined with the "400% better glide" feature.

I was a little surprised at the lack of a head-cleaning brush in the package I received. However, I was equally surprised when a quick blast of tap water completely and cleanly removed two weeks worth of whisker clippings from under the plasticky heads. My old (and more metallic) Philishave needed washing and significant brushing to get close to clean.

The charger can either be plugged directly into the shaver or plugged into the stand. The latter option allows the shaver to charge when placed in its stand. However, this means that the shaver does not drop cleanly into its stand without wiggling and pushing to make it fit onto the charging pins. These charging pins remain as an obstruction in the stand even if the charger itself is removed from the equation. Similarly, the shaver cannot be removed from its stand without holding down the stand with one hand. I have discarded the stand.

There is a clear plastic cover for the shaver heads. It detaches with alarming ease and I expect to lose it soon.

The multi-voltage charger (100V or 240V), battery, power button, LCD and beard trimmer all seem to do their job as expected.

The partially rubberised by plasticky(!) body of the shaver is very comfortable and provides good grip.

The draw-string bag provided for travelling will provide the shaver with about as much protection as a sock.

I want to dislike this shaver for its oh-so-plasticky nature. But I can't, becuase what it does seem to do extremely well is to shave - probably BECAUSE of the plasticky materials of the cutter assembly. I just hope it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 18 April 2013
This product was the subject of a promotion by a well known high street retailer, but Amazon still managed to undercut them by a further 20%, resulting in excellent value for money.

Have used Remington for many years and needed to replace a much older model, this one comes with 2yr gaurentee.

Does exactly what it says on the tin!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars remington r7150, 10 April 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed reviews.., 3 May 2013
Mr. S. Watson "Steve" (IOM) - See all my reviews
This item had mixed reviews however I ordered it on price anyway. Worked straight out of the box with a full charge, always a plus and dealt with two days stubble fairly well. As a daily shaver, I think it'll be just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 April 2013
Is a good shaver stand isent great but cuts well leaves a nice smooth feel would recomend to any one great value for mouny

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it is, 24 April 2013
1. It's not as close as a wet shave.
2. I have very little electric shaving experience so I can't compare it to any other electric shaver.
3. I have a styled beard that need fine trimming - the beard trimmer on this is excellent for that. I can get really close and get just what I want from it.
4. The rotary heads do collect a surprising amount of hair and trim it close enough. Thankfully I don't grow hair too quickly so the fact that after shaving with the electric it feels similar to 4 hours after a wet shave doesn't really matter to me.
5. Down points are the size of the heads mean that trying to shave up to the chin strap beard line is difficult because I can't see how close the head is. Also the plastic cover for the head is rubbish - It fell off (as everyone else said it would) and because it's clear plastic, my wife then trod on it and broke it. This isn't a problem for me because I keep it in the pouch.

Overall, for the price I can't complain, it does the job. It would be fine for someone who does their whole face because accuracy isn't as big an issue. Also I find because I'm used to a much closer shave I tend to take a lot longer trying to get as close as I can with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still gettin used to it, 19 April 2013
P. George - See all my reviews
But it shaves and is smoother than the previous Remington shaver I had. It hasn't needed to be recharged yet and I've had it a month. Very good price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good razor, 15 April 2013
Bought it to replace a philishave which I have had for a number of years and decided to try another manufacturer. It works well, gives a good shave and timer onside showing how much battery life left is very useful.

ARRAY(0xb04eefe8)