on 9 August 2012
If you go into your local Tesco you can have a feel of those lovely leather Kindle covers that cost about £30. When I ordered this cover for less than a tenner I didn't expect much even though the reviews were largely appreciative. When it arrived I thought they'd sent me one of those Kindle beauties by mistake - this cover is top quality.

It arrived with a foam inner to hold the cover's shape during delivery, pull it out, pop in your Nexus 7 and top banana. It has a clever hidden velcro flap which you can tighten round the back to hold the tablet very firmly in place (the user who said their's was loose can't have tightened it sufficiently IMHO). It is sturdy but not too thick, all the holes are in the right places & the front magnetic cover is reassuringly strong (& succeeds in turning the screen off every time when you close it). I can't imagine a much better case than this in the future, especially at the low price that I was charged. Fully recommended.
11 comment|209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2012
Had a few problems with the 1st case I received (it had been designed prior to the release of the Nexus 7) however, communication with MOFRED was pleasant and constructive and they were quick to take the criticism and VERY quick make the adjustments. And now I have the replacement in my hands, what can I say? The improvements are simply incredible!

(To confirm: any new case from MOFRED will be Version 2, they have discontinued the first design)

1) This feels like a luxury case and the fit for the Nexus 7 is perfect - no slop and the tablet is supported well on all sides.
2) Magnetic on/off works like a dream.
3) Case has ports in all the right places (one on the left that people question is actually where the microphone is located)
4) Included stylus is very useful for preventing grubby fingerprints when browsing and if you have the patience to fit the screen protector I don't doubt that will be great also.
5) The power button and volume buttons are a little tricky to get to (although with the magnetic on/off the power button isn't really necessary any more) but this is the same on all cases at the moment due to the design of the tablet. A possible solution would involve covering the original buttons and building button extenders (make sense?) into the case which would add cost and be hard to implement gracefully (although the challenge is out there MOFRED! ;-)).

Ignore the bad reviews, these were for an earlier case (I removed my earlier review and if you are one of the first customers I urge you to contact MOFRED for Version 2 before reviewing). Before receiving the replacement I had bought the LuvTab, which, whilst another excellent case doesn't have the same stand mechanism. Since reviewing that case I have found the magnetic folding stand frustrating in real life use whereas the stand built into this case is simple and effective. The LuvTab will go to a friend and I will be keeping this case.

In conclusion; I am very impressed with the product and seller. 5 stars to both!
1212 comments|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 July 2012
... I cannot confirm that the sleep / wake works as I was sent the wrong case (as were a couple of other customers) and I cannot get the right one sent to me as I no longer have the packaging it came in (due to Google's ineptitude in logistics, I received the Nexus 7 a week after I received the case). Seller however was more than happy to send me the updated version of this case If I could send him the one I had received in it's original packaging. Had I been able to evaluate the product that was advertised when I purchased it, I would probably have given 5 stars to it.

This product is well made for the price and holds the Nexus 7 as well as you would expect from a 'generic' design. The magnetic closure is very handy, meaning you don't have to use one of those cumbersome clips to keep the case closed. The case does not add too much bulk to the Nexus 7 and is itself very light (even with the Stylus attached in the stylus holder). Speaking of the stylus (which works quite nicely on my Nexus phone), this product very handily includes a loop you can put the included stylus in so that you are able to carry them together.

All in all a good product and much more than I expected for the price.

Product arrived on time as promised. Product did not operate 100% as advertised (due to them assuming on this generic case that the magnet used for wake / sleep would need to be on the top or bottom right) but I am led to believe that this has now been rectified (hence the 'second edition version')
on 22 July 2012
Now the nexus 7 case is just like the iPad just with the pluses android comes with its got the sleep sensor feature aswell.

Case features include;
1)velcro strap to secure tablet
2)sleep wake feature
3)transforms into a stand
4)holes for all ports
5)loop to hold capacitive stylus

Initiall this case had issues with this feature ,but its now available with that updated version. Love it to pieces,very good looking.
99 comments|243 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2014
I was quite hopeful after all of the positive reviews but have to say that after waiting for nearly 2 weeks to get the product it really is not worth it. Unlike other comments i found the cover to be very plasticy and badly fitting. It feels more like somthing you would find in a pound shop rather than something which cost just over £10. Things i am especially diaappointed about include the stand. I had to fold it several times for it to stand up and even then it is not flat so the slightest touch and it rolls over like a weeble. Also the screen surround overlaps the edge of the nexus by about 3/4 cm which doesnt sound like much but it is too much when you are trying to find the volume controls. Several times i tried to increase the volume only to hit the power off button by mistake, Overall, v poor product
on 19 October 2012
This case has the feel and look of items twice the price. Recommended buy for anyone looking for an inexpensive, smart cover. The included screen protectors and stylus handy as well.
on 9 July 2013
A nice faux-leather case for the Nexus 7 tablet. I hesitate to say that it does exactly what it says on the tin, but it does indeed do that. The Nexus 7 fits inside the inner frame which includes plenty of cutouts to provide access to the various ports and buttons around it's edge. The frame includes the window through which you have access to the Nexus' screen - plenty of room there - and a wee port for the facing camers. The back of the case also has perforations for the tablet's speaker.

The case is hinged to allow you to use the front cover as a stand, so that you can set it up at a high or low angle and there is the nice feature of a magnetised closure that sends the Nexus to sleep when you close the cover and wakes it up when you open it, with no need for button presses. Very good indeed.

The case comes with a single screen protector and a stylus pen (there is a loop on the case for the stylus).

The quality of this thing isn't exactly Gucci hence only three stars. It's not "fine quality", the tablet is free to shift a little in the frame (but not much, I hasten to add) and the rather bulky design of the case almost doubles the thickness of the impressively skinny Nexus 7. However, it's cheap and cheerful and, if the sub-Tenner price tag seems impressive, feel free to add a fourth star on my behalf.
on 7 August 2012
Was getting worried about wrecking my new Nexus, so wanted to invest in a case which would protect it, but was also looking for the nice wake/sleep feature on opening/closing the case.

Was a little bit skeptical of this case due to the bargain price, but decided to give it a go....

Well, I am over the moon! The case itself while obviously not luxury leather is solid enough to protect the Nexus, and fits really snugly. There is the bonus of a little flap with velcro which secures it in place, so it won't slide out when open.

The glass on the Nexus is supposed to be scratch resistant, but this case also comes with a free screen protector, which is worth putting on for that extra level of paranoia.. (taking it on holiday with me, so improves it's chances of survival hopefully)

Also comes with a little stylus with a rubber bit on the end, which is much more accurate than my fat fingers.

So, when the Nexus is on, closing the case flap puts it to sleep...open it up, and it wakes up! Hurrah, that puts paid to the other reviews of other products, as this one defintely works.

Little magnet in flap too, so stops the flap.....well, flapping around, and opening on its own.

All in all a superb little product, and the essential investment for your new Nexus - buy one now!
on 18 September 2012
THE ORIGINAL REVIEW 18 SEP 2012
My title says it all. I won't waste too much more time on this company. My advice is to only buy if price is your only consideration. Otherwise get something that actually delivers what it promises from elsewhere. This is NOT luxury, sleep function does not work even on version 2, and camera lens does not sit in the middle of the hole cut for it. There's something amiss either with design, quality control or the authenticity of the reviews. This is one or two stars at best. Customer service - no reply.

**UPDATE 28 SEP 2012**
1. After receiving this poor quality item in early September, I contacted customer services - NO REPLY.

2. Two weeks later, I wrote my original review and in part questioned the authenticity of some reviews, given my item was so rubbish.

3. Within 24hrs I received the following email from customer services.....

"Since we have never experienced this problem before we will assume you have been sent a faulty case. Our priority is to ensure our customers are 100% satisfied, so please may we kindly request you to remove your feedback, and confirm when this has been done, so we know to re-send your order with a more expensive case, first class, free of charge".

4. I removed the review and then received an email saying they'd re-send the original case - so no longer "the more expensive case... free of charge". Also, the problem with auto off-on is well documented in reviews of version 1 AND version 2.

5. TEN days later - NO CASE RECEIVED AT ALL.

6. As a specific update to the case, I have added a customer photo - you can see the hole for the camera has not been cut in the centre of the case (it is 48mm from one side and 54mm from the other), the stylus/ pen-loop is not stitched evenly so the loop is tight at the top and like a wizard's sleeve at the bottom, there is a blob of glue or something on the inside cover.

7. To conclude, the PRODUCT IS POOR, the CUSTOMER SERVICES ARE VERY POOR.

8. It seems the REVIEWS MAY HAVE BEEN SKEWED by inducements to remove poor ratings. I won't waste another second of my time on this company, and nor should you.

9. Note to Amazon - you should be able to give zero stars
review image
77 comments|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2012
This case has turned out to be absolutely perfect. The quality and function are totally at odds with the low price tag. I heartily recommend this item.