on 20 August 2012
Google Nexus 7 Tablet PC (Android 4.1 Jellybean) - 8 GB (Released July 2012-New)
The cover fits my new Asus Nexus 7 (the Google Tablet) like a glove.All the openings are in all the right places: mic, speakers, camera, etc.
It comes with a capacitive soft-tip touch pen and a screen protector, which was a pleasant surprise as I did not notice these in the description. No more smudges from greasy fingers; well not as many, anyhow...
The tablet slides in the cover and then is fixed by a velcro tongue, so it is safe from slipping out.
The magnet switch mounted in the cover sends the device to sleep when the cover is closed, terrific! No more hunting for that sleep button underneath! Just flip the cover and put away.
The cover bends under the case and forms a nice inclined stand for working on a desk. Took me a while to figure out that the cover needs to slip under the tongue, which is fixed to the back of the case, to form a stable frame. A small instruction leaf showing how it works would not have gone amiss...but I figured it now.

Quality product, very functional, fitting the high-spec gadget it houses.
on 1 September 2014
The case is of a decent quality etc for the money although not as good as other more expensive ones I have seen. It does the job of protecting the Nexus 7 I own. There is however one major flaw which in my mind anyway renders it as good as useless. When you fold back the front cover behind the tablet to use it the magnet in the cover causes the Nexus 7 to return to the password screen. I only realised it was the cover after googling the problem and finding other people with a similar problem in forums.
on 18 October 2012
I bought this for my sons nexus as an extra for his birthday. After seeing the good price and the many Amazing reviews I thought it was a going to be a fab product. So come my sons birthday he was pretty happy from the look if this. Sadly the screen protector was a nightmare to put on and it ended up in the bin. The stylus broke within 2 days and the cover is slightly to big not a lot just slightly. But he likes the cover because it can stand. I suppose for the price you won't get quality products.
on 30 October 2012
Firstly I would like to say that - for this money - this is a good case. I'm sure a lot of people have been very happy with everything however I am a very big stickler for things looking perfect and so cannot justify giving this item more than three stars.

The good:
- The case is very well made with the stitching looking very good. The material grips well in your hand
- The screen protector covers then entire glass front rather than just the active part of the screen
- The sleep magnet works as it should
- the stand feature also seems very sturdy

The average:
- The pen works however I cannot understand what the fascination is with such fat "nibs" - it's no more accurate than my wives or my own finger and so (apart from smudge prevention) cannot see much point in it

The bad:
- The screen protectors sides are not straight. They're not slanted but it proved difficult to line up perfectly since the gap to the edge varies. I had to settle with one corner being slightly raised off the screen (thankfully the cover hides this so I do not have to see it) and one edge appearing "wonky"
- The leather material for the section you slot the Nexus into hasn't been stitched straight. I can either have the Nexus straight in the case (and have 2 of the corners stick out slightly from the leather front) or lined up to the leather front (and have 2 edges stick out from the case)
- The slot has also be moulded slightly high so that when you look side-on, the case is slanted

I know my criticisms may appear petty, and some people may say "don't be so fussy this is a bargain price!" and you know what, this is a good price for a case. That still doesn't change the fact that I want my Nexus fully protected and to look smart in it's case - and this case doesn't quite do that for me. This review is more definitely more for other people looking at cases that are very fussy like myself.

I won't send the case back because it does what I need. I will however also be looking for a better one to replace it.
on 30 July 2012
A well-built case that fits the tablet well. Just slide the Nexus in, secure with the Velcro catch and it's done.Close the front cover and the Nexus goes to sleep- open the cover and it wakes straight away.Useful stylus fits onto the cover as well. About 18mm thick overall. Superb value and it looks the part!
on 21 July 2012
First I should point out that I originally ordered the 1st generation of this product after I'd preordered the Nexus 7. When I had hod of both I found a couple of issues with poor fit and the advertised support of automatically waking and sleeping the tablet not being present.
To their credit, MOFRED were great to deal with in order to rectify the problem. Although they didn't have any updated ones available when I contacted them, they asked me to get back in touch later in the week to arrange an exchange when they would expect more in. A replacement was posted out before I had a chance to get mine back to them and it arrived the following morning.

As for the case, it now is a perfect fit. Overall it seems like a much higher quality product too with it fitting the Nexus 7 perfectly, no loose areas and a decent sized hole for the camera. Not sure if real leather or not, but the outside of the case feels nice and provides enough grip without being too tacky.

The sleep/wake sensor works as intended and make the power button pretty much redundant, which is a good thing given is it a bit awkward to reach, but that is more to do with the combination if case style and design of the tablet which angles it more to the rear. Additionally I tested if the sleep/wake magnet triggers when the front flap is folded back (a known issue with some cases where too strong a magnet is used), fortunately it just ignored it in that position.

Not an issue for me, but the new version no longer includes an elasticated loop as the side for storing a stylus or pen.

The case allows you to prop it up for ease of reading and viewing stuff. The angles are fine for seeing what going on, the only downside is that in the more vertical angle, it is easy to knock over if you try to prod the screen.

To sum up, excellant case for the price and great service from the supplier.
on 30 December 2013
Looks great and quality is good but day to day functionality is a pain. The tablet moves up and down by about 1cm in the case, so the on / off and volume keys on the nexus always slip out of reach and finding them is awkward. The icons on the bottom of the nexus screen when held in the pamortama position, also disappear beneath thr case and the tablet needs moving to reach threse. The headphone jack is covered by the shape of the case too so the options are to put another slot in myself (a hole won't work as the tablet needs room to slide about) or take the tablet out of the case when using headphones, which again means this case just doesn;lt function properly with a Nexus.
May be fine on other tablets but there is no way I would recommend this for a Nexus.
on 4 April 2013
I read all the the 1 star reviews before buying this cover but still went ahead and ordered. Why?? I suspect like so many people who see so many 5 & 4 star reviews I was loathed to believe the reviews had been skewed.Black Retail Packed Executive Multi Function Standby Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 Tablet - Updated Version (8GB,16GB,32GB Wi-Fi or 32GB 3G HSPA+) + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors) However, as a person who is now attempting to return for refund,I wish I had never bothered. Cover is ill fitting. Acrid chemical smell.Power and volume buttons inaccessible.The cover will not stand up in high or low incline position. Camera obscured. HMF Customer serv want to replace not refund.I suspect I am in a war of words and words are cheap. Save your money and find another cover. I have!!!!!!!!
on 1 August 2012
Really great quality leatherette (not sure if it's real leather) case, excellent fit and not fiddly to get the unit in and out. It's smaller than the pouches and offers IMHO similar protection but better accessibility, especially with the magnetic switch that automatically switches the unit on and off when you open and/or close the cover. As a stand it works well also, easy to access the buttons and there are cutaways for the speak and camera.

Great service from the supplier, the first one went missing in the post. I contacted the supplier and they dispatched a replacement immediately and it arrived the following day - thank you for a great service. If the lost one shows up I'll return it. Again thank you for a wonderful service.
on 8 August 2012
OK I give up! How can they do it for the price? Spot on fit with a nice concealed velcro strip behind the holding flap for final tight adjustment so the tablet doesn't move inside the case. Decent quality material and well finished. Nice classy looking touch pen with holder attached. Cut outs in exactly the right places and magnets spot on for retaining cover AND for sleep/wake function. A good screen protector thrown in and you have everything you could possibly need for your Google Nexus 7 - all for less than the price of a packet of ciggies. You'd have to be crazy to miss this item - If you're lucky enough to own the best tablet currently on the market.