1,615 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive Rather Than Cheap
If you go into your local Tesco you can have a feel of those lovely leather Kindle covers that cost about £30. When I ordered this cover for less than a tenner I didn't expect much even though the reviews were largely appreciative. When it arrived I thought they'd sent me one of those Kindle beauties by mistake - this cover is top quality.

It arrived with a...
Published 23 months ago by keef

Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:01 Mins
Now the nexus 7 case is just like the iPad just with the pluses android comes with its got the sleep sensor feature aswell.

Case features include;
5)loop to hold capacitive stylus

Initiall this case...
Published 24 months ago by Tenaj for Janet

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive Rather Than Cheap, 9 Aug 2012
This review is from: Black Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012 Model) Case Cover (Second Updated Version of Case) - Retail Packed Executive Multi Function Standby Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012 Model) - (8GB,16GB,32GB Wi-Fi or 32GB 3G HSPA+) + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors) (Electronics)

It arrived with a foam inner to hold the cover's shape during delivery, pull it out, pop in your Nexus 7 and top banana. It has a clever hidden velcro flap which you can tighten round the back to hold the tablet very firmly in place (the user who said their's was loose can't have tightened it sufficiently IMHO). It is sturdy but not too thick, all the holes are in the right places & the front magnetic cover is reassuringly strong (& succeeds in turning the screen off every time when you close it). I can't imagine a much better case than this in the future, especially at the low price that I was charged. Fully recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Google nexus case, 19 Oct 2012
Yorkist (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This case has the feel and look of items twice the price. Recommended buy for anyone looking for an inexpensive, smart cover. The included screen protectors and stylus handy as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Version 2 is a winner!, 20 July 2012
Had a few problems with the 1st case I received (it had been designed prior to the release of the Nexus 7) however, communication with MOFRED was pleasant and constructive and they were quick to take the criticism and VERY quick make the adjustments. And now I have the replacement in my hands, what can I say? The improvements are simply incredible!

(To confirm: any new case from MOFRED will be Version 2, they have discontinued the first design)

1) This feels like a luxury case and the fit for the Nexus 7 is perfect - no slop and the tablet is supported well on all sides.
2) Magnetic on/off works like a dream.
3) Case has ports in all the right places (one on the left that people question is actually where the microphone is located)
4) Included stylus is very useful for preventing grubby fingerprints when browsing and if you have the patience to fit the screen protector I don't doubt that will be great also.
5) The power button and volume buttons are a little tricky to get to (although with the magnetic on/off the power button isn't really necessary any more) but this is the same on all cases at the moment due to the design of the tablet. A possible solution would involve covering the original buttons and building button extenders (make sense?) into the case which would add cost and be hard to implement gracefully (although the challenge is out there MOFRED! ;-)).

Ignore the bad reviews, these were for an earlier case (I removed my earlier review and if you are one of the first customers I urge you to contact MOFRED for Version 2 before reviewing). Before receiving the replacement I had bought the LuvTab, which, whilst another excellent case doesn't have the same stand mechanism. Since reviewing that case I have found the magnetic folding stand frustrating in real life use whereas the stand built into this case is simple and effective. The LuvTab will go to a friend and I will be keeping this case.

In conclusion; I am very impressed with the product and seller. 5 stars to both!

3.0 out of 5 stars First version had its issues. Second Version is great! Sleep / Wake Feauture works like a swiss clock, 22 July 2012
Length:: 2:01 Mins

Case features include;
1)velcro strap to secure tablet
2)sleep wake feature
3)transforms into a stand
4)holes for all ports
5)loop to hold capacitive stylus

Initiall this case had issues with this feature ,but its now available with that updated version. Love it to pieces,very good looking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, faux, non-functioning sleep, malpositioned camera aperture, customer services non-repsonsive, 18 Sep 2012
THE ORIGINAL REVIEW 18 SEP 2012
My title says it all. I won't waste too much more time on this company. My advice is to only buy if price is your only consideration. Otherwise get something that actually delivers what it promises from elsewhere. This is NOT luxury, sleep function does not work even on version 2, and camera lens does not sit in the middle of the hole cut for it. There's something amiss either with design, quality control or the authenticity of the reviews. This is one or two stars at best. Customer service - no reply.

**UPDATE 28 SEP 2012**
1. After receiving this poor quality item in early September, I contacted customer services - NO REPLY.

2. Two weeks later, I wrote my original review and in part questioned the authenticity of some reviews, given my item was so rubbish.

3. Within 24hrs I received the following email from customer services.....

"Since we have never experienced this problem before we will assume you have been sent a faulty case. Our priority is to ensure our customers are 100% satisfied, so please may we kindly request you to remove your feedback, and confirm when this has been done, so we know to re-send your order with a more expensive case, first class, free of charge".

4. I removed the review and then received an email saying they'd re-send the original case - so no longer "the more expensive case... free of charge". Also, the problem with auto off-on is well documented in reviews of version 1 AND version 2.

5. TEN days later - NO CASE RECEIVED AT ALL.

6. As a specific update to the case, I have added a customer photo - you can see the hole for the camera has not been cut in the centre of the case (it is 48mm from one side and 54mm from the other), the stylus/ pen-loop is not stitched evenly so the loop is tight at the top and like a wizard's sleeve at the bottom, there is a blob of glue or something on the inside cover.

7. To conclude, the PRODUCT IS POOR, the CUSTOMER SERVICES ARE VERY POOR.

8. It seems the REVIEWS MAY HAVE BEEN SKEWED by inducements to remove poor ratings. I won't waste another second of my time on this company, and nor should you.

9. Note to Amazon - you should be able to give zero stars

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price - but not amazing, 30 Oct 2012
Firstly I would like to say that - for this money - this is a good case. I'm sure a lot of people have been very happy with everything however I am a very big stickler for things looking perfect and so cannot justify giving this item more than three stars.

The good:
- The case is very well made with the stitching looking very good. The material grips well in your hand
- The screen protector covers then entire glass front rather than just the active part of the screen
- The sleep magnet works as it should
- the stand feature also seems very sturdy

The average:
- The pen works however I cannot understand what the fascination is with such fat "nibs" - it's no more accurate than my wives or my own finger and so (apart from smudge prevention) cannot see much point in it

The bad:
- The screen protectors sides are not straight. They're not slanted but it proved difficult to line up perfectly since the gap to the edge varies. I had to settle with one corner being slightly raised off the screen (thankfully the cover hides this so I do not have to see it) and one edge appearing "wonky"
- The leather material for the section you slot the Nexus into hasn't been stitched straight. I can either have the Nexus straight in the case (and have 2 of the corners stick out slightly from the leather front) or lined up to the leather front (and have 2 edges stick out from the case)
- The slot has also be moulded slightly high so that when you look side-on, the case is slanted

I know my criticisms may appear petty, and some people may say "don't be so fussy this is a bargain price!" and you know what, this is a good price for a case. That still doesn't change the fact that I want my Nexus fully protected and to look smart in it's case - and this case doesn't quite do that for me. This review is more definitely more for other people looking at cases that are very fussy like myself.

I won't send the case back because it does what I need. I will however also be looking for a better one to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 July 2012
This case has turned out to be absolutely perfect. The quality and function are totally at odds with the low price tag. I heartily recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus7 case, 30 July 2012
A well-built case that fits the tablet well. Just slide the Nexus in, secure with the Velcro catch and it's done.Close the front cover and the Nexus goes to sleep- open the cover and it wakes straight away.Useful stylus fits onto the cover as well. About 18mm thick overall. Superb value and it looks the part!

3.0 out of 5 stars It protects the device but.., 20 Jan 2014
Quality was not as expected, it does not stand very well folded it slips, also the screen protector should have had a cleaning cloth, and a dust sticker like every other screen protector.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK so it has the magnet which everyone is complaining about, but who cares!, 22 Aug 2012
I purchased this case with mixed feelings, given all the reviews it had about the fake reviews and false magnet advertising etc. When the case arrived, I was happy to see the case did infact have the magnet but upon further inspection of the case, my satisfaction was short lived.

The quality of this case can only be summed up in one word - CHEAP, and the reasons for this are:

- material feels cheap

- has a really nasty chemical smell to it (and I say that as someone who likes the smell of petrol)

- craftsmanship is poor, there is a clump of fibre strands protruding from the case which look like human hair and I actually find this to be an off-putting visual aspect. I am sure I can cut most of it off with scissors, but come on??

- fitting when the device is in, is not snug at all, and I have owned Kindle cases and phone case and know this is not how a case should be. As a result I now get dust or other debris creeping in and sticking to the tablet. However the fitting is also poor because on some areas, the case actually hinders use of the tablet (volume buttons slightly covered, power button too, top of screen etc).

- The stand needs to be steadied so you can't just dump the device on a tablet and expect it to remain upright which is really annoying after a few times.

Now here's the punch line - Although it does have an in-built magnet sensor for auto-wake etc, the sensors completely interfere with the tablet's navigation apps like maps and NFC. So now I actually don't want the magnet sensors and I am stuck with one of the worst cases I have ever purchased!

In summary, sometimes a cheap price guarantees you a cheap product - and this is one of them.