5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!
Published 23 months ago by M. J. Miles Lea

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit light for me
All too convenient deciphering the clues and why does there always have to have a Iove story? In need of a much stronger plot.
Published 14 months ago by J. Speakman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 16 May 2013
M. J. Miles Lea (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the first in a trilogy of adventures set in Egypt. It's fast paced, easy to read and hugely entertaining. The story is set in modern day Egypt, in fact it's right up to date with references to the post-Mubarak era and Tarir Square. At the same time I learnt a lot about ancient Egypt as the heroine solves an ancient puzzle. It's not a time travel story a la Labyrinth, but a very modern heroine unravelling an ancient puzzle. Really conjures up the heat of the place. Great Fun!
Be warned, there's no way you won't want to read the next book in the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read., 2 Dec. 2012
I found this an easy enjoyable read giving lots of detail about Eygptian history without me feeling I was being given a history lesson. Having been to Eygpt twice and to the places mentioned I found the descriptions accurate and they brought it back to life for me. It was a delightful 'romp', an easy read. I'd like to see the central character develop through future books in the series but the 'cliff hanging' ending has left me wanting more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carter's Conundrum, 16 Jun. 2013
I stayed in bed until after noon because I had to finish Carter's Conundrum and find out "what happened next"! After first imagining I knew what was likely to happen, I kept getting taken by surprise. You certainly know your stuff, and how to connect threads throughout a story. For me, the author brought ancient Egyptian history to life for today's world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Egyptian adventure, 16 July 2012
This is a terrific book to get into for anyone interested in visiting Egypt, adventure or romance. The central mystery following on from the chance discovery of some hieroglyphics hidden away by Carter keeps the story moving along at a good pace. But the book is enlivened by Fiona Deal's knowledge of Egypt and its ancient mythology.

I've been on a tourist vacation visiting the sites in and around Cairo and along the Nile and recognised various places mentioned. However, the additional insights which the author provides were a joy and showed the research and level of interest sparked by the subject matter. The detailed information never seemed to deter from the pace demanded by the storyline.

The style was engaging and down to earth with occasional poetic touches: "hills riddled with holes like a mountainous Swiss cheese made of mellow gold rock". It also described the lives of the ordinary people against the background of current events in Egypt as it goes through its post-revolutionary days providing a `behind the scenes' look beyond the tourist attractions. There is an acknowledgment to the spirit of Indiana Jones and Lara Croft, not a bad comparison. Could be a call to Hollywood for this feminine version!

The main character, Meredith, does lurch from crisis to crisis and enjoys all the attributes of the romantic heroine.
Read it. It will enhance your holiday, and, if you're not planning on visiting Egypt, you'll wish you were.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read., 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Carter's Conundrums - Book 1 of Meredith Pink's adventures in Egypt (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy Elizabeth Peters amelia Peabody books so I was wary at first about this but I enjoyed it very much and got the other 3 books in the series, waiting eagerly for the next!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Read, 24 May 2014
I really enjoy reading about the Egyptians especially in non fiction stories and have to say I found Fiona Deals book well worth the read, it was informative as well as being an entertaining read and so easy going. I was so pleased to have read the comments of other readers recommendations and so enjoyed the storyline that I have now ordered the others in the series as there are four books in the set that carry on with the story. So for anyone like myself who enjoys an easy read and loves Pharoes etc then I can definitely recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 22 April 2014
Full of Ancient info, humour and very descriptive - I enjoyed this first novel in the series. The rest can only get even better!

It does make you think for your entertainment, though - so be prepared to do some fascinating detective work alongside our treasure-hunters!

I'd like to read more of this series. ,

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, fun read, 15 April 2014
Susan O "bookworm" (Northamptonshire England) - See all my reviews
This was recommended by a friend and it is a thoroughly enjoyable light read - even more so if Egyptology is an interest. the characters a believable and you easily warm to them. Some of the scenarios are a little far fetched but this is not meant to be great literature. I would suggest that you start with the first book and work your way through in sequence. Though the second offering by this author - Tutankhamun's Triumph - could be read alone, it begins immediately where the previous book ends so for continuity of the story reading in order is better. I am looking forward to the rest of the books by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 3 April 2014
Any fans of the Amelia Peabody series will be delighted to read this book. A very good read, most enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 23 Feb. 2014
I thought, as the book was cheap, I would give it a try. I have been very pleased with it. The story is intriguing and you get to like the characters very quickly. Well worth a read.