4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant way to document memories

Published on 24 Jan 2012 by Schnack

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant way to document memories, 8 Jan 2012
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Five year diaries are nothing new - I actually had one as a teenager. I didn't know what to write or where to start and unsurprisingly lost momentum (and interest) quite quickly. I know that won't happen this time round; yes, because I'm older but also because the diary presents you with a 'concept' which will (if you stick with it) basically make you want to keep writing.

The idea is simple: you write one sentence every night - it can be anything from your day that you want to remember. Then as the years go by, you build up your diary and can start comparing entries so you can see what you were doing or feeling on the same day in previous years.

There's no years marked so you could actually buy the diary and start at any point in the year, on any year you like. My sister owns the previous diary by the Potter Style range which was a Q&A journal - a much better idea in my opinion because the diary asked you a new question every day and you would be able to compare 5 years of answers to the same question on each day. More fun but that diary is sadly nowhere to be found and this one is a decent substitute: you get a quote/thought for each day - your diary entries don't have to relate to the quote though so your entries could be anything at all. Obviously if you don't want the quotes each day or you don't like the blue & yellow quirky design, you could buy yourself any 5-year diary that takes your fancy and keep your 5 year record like that.

Either way, it's a great idea and it's amazing how one sentence (or a little cluster of sentences as I often make!) can prompt you to remember the day with such vivd recollection in years to come. It's also perfect for people who like the idea of keeping a memory journal or diary of some sort but just don't have the time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, 17 July 2012
Janice "Janice" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I really like this 'diary'. I keep a journal sporadically and my daily e-mails to various family members are like a diary. This is great in that you can only write a couple of sentences - so I don't feel obligated to write heaps. Good for me to write a couple of sentences last thing at night, and to write a fuller journal as and when I feel like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeously sweet!, 30 Nov 2012
I first saw this journal in a shop with one of my friends and we both absolutely loved it. Sure enough, I received it for my birthday from her, and later found out she had purchased one for herself. Despite being able to start the journal from any date at all (just open the correct page and start writing!) I've decided to wait until January 1st to start writing so it's fully completed. I am very much looking forward to start writing!

The space for the writing to go is very short and will only be able to fit a few sentences in, which is ideal for jotting quick thoughts down. The compact size is ideal for putting in an overnight bag or handbag when travelling, so you can still keep up to date with each day's activities.

I would highly recommend this adorable, bright journal to anybody. Since having been bought it my self, I have bought several of them on Amazon myself as gifts for other people, who also absolutely love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely gift, 25 Nov 2012
Great size, lovely bold colour, very simple format and all in all a genius idea.. Not everybody has the time or energy to keep a diary. But just one sentence a day is much more manageable and it's great to be able to look back on the same day a year or 5 ago to see what was going on then!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 24 Jan 2012
I loved the The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun and so was enthusiastic about this diary, but disappointed when it arrived. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to size - this diary is thick (362 days to document!) but the page size is really small. Four lines to write on each day but that's barely the size of 3 postage stamps in a book this size. I also had the impression that there would be an interesting question to answer each day, so you could "see how your answers evolve" per the description. But there are no questions, just more of Gretchen's quotes, most of which you will be familiar with from the book or if you subscribe to her newsletters. (Love you Gretchen, but you are a bit bonkers in the quote-crazy department.) My advice is buy The Happiness Project book, and get a Breast Cancer 5 Year Diary by Letts - Pink, they are only a few pennies more, A5 size, and really feels more substantial and high-quality - like something you will hang onto for five years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly sized, 1 Feb 2013
I got this little gem today is it's perfect .I am a journaler but sometimes I suffer from the dreaded "Blank page syndrome" The concept of one sentence a day is brilliant and takes no time at all to complete. I intend to keep mine by my bed as I will fill it in before I go to sleep.
Another good thing is you can start it anytime so that 1st January terror is removed. I started mine on January 31st
Some reviews mentioned it's too small but I disagree it would fit in your bag with ease and would be perfect for traveling
If you want to write pages and pages this isn't for you put if you want to get in the habit of keeping a Journals it's perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness Project, 6 Jan 2013
cheryl (Sittingbourne, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Lovely simple idea of a diary, easy enough for any one to keep. Bought this as a gift for my daughter who loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic idea, 2 Aug 2013
Such a fantastic idea! Bought one for myself and one for a friend- we both love it and I cannot wait to read back on it all

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 20 July 2013
Ive bought it as a present for a friend who is going to work abroad so i know its going to be perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars great little diary, 29 Jun 2013
ideal for what i need to write down where i have been working everyday , also just to jot down notes forwhen i fedmy sbakes and shedding , totally what i wanted i think yo an write more than one sentance you get about three lines .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›