5.0 out of 5 stars What an inspiration!
Published on 14 Nov. 2011 by Kayleigh

2.0 out of 5 stars Old Before My Time
If you only read one book this year make sure it is "Old Before My Time", Hayley & Kerry show great courage and determination in the battle against Progeria. The switch between Hayley and Kerry throughout the book is very moving and you get to read there journey from both sides. I don't think Kerry knows how brave she is and it's clear Hayley gets it from her mum. The...
Published on 22 Jan. 2012 by Chelle

5.0 out of 5 stars What an inspiration!, 14 Nov. 2011
After following Hayley's story on TV from the beginning, I was so excited to see a book was coming out as well. From the moment I opened the book, I couldn't put it down and was totally addicted to reading through Kerry and Hayley's personal accounts of exactly what they have been through over the past almost 14 years and even managed to read it in a day!! I can't even begin to put it into words how brave and inspirational Hayley has been throughout her life and what a great family she has too.

I would recommend this to anyone who has seen the documentaries on TV, you will absolutely love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 13 Nov. 2011
This book was so much better than expected. I have followed Hayley since the first documentry. The book clearly tells her story and explains the medical issues behind progeria. I was hooked from page one.and I particularly like you get Kerry (her mother) and Hayleys views on different topics. Living in Kent this is so close to home and truely inspirational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, funny and heartwarming, 31 Oct. 2011
Mrs "offtheshelf123" (Bedlinog, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book gives you the full story as Hayley's early years are narrated by her mother, Kerry who is very honest and frank about the impact of Hayley's diagnosis and prognosis on her and her family. Hayley also reveals her thoughts on losing her best friend to the disease and the impact of her parents separation. I was hooked from page one and read it cover to cover - I am full of admiration for Hayley and her family and really hope that the drug trials in the US will help develop a cure for her and other progeria sufferers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved Hayley's book!!, 19 Nov. 2011
meg (scotland) - See all my reviews
I too have followed Hayleys life on tv from the start, and was so looking forward to reading her book. Couldn't put it down, read it in one go without stopping, (shed a tear or two along the way.) If you are looking for an inspirational read, then buy this book and feel hayley touch your heart with her story. Love your bandana hayley!!! you look beautiful on the front cover of your book!!! I would love to be able to buy all hayely's tv shows on dvd, everything else comes out in dvd why not hayely's documentories!!! surely the money would be of some help to those who suffer from progeria. luv to you and your family hayley
god bless X Old Before My Time: Hayley Okines' Life with Progeria

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book about a lovely girl, 14 Nov. 2011
An absolute must read, Hayley is a remarkable, inspirational girl who doesn't let her progeria get her down, after reading this book i just wanted to give her a cuddle and adopt her as my little sister <3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and touching, 17 Nov. 2011
this book had me in tears, she is truly an amazing girl and to have such a positive attiude is lovely. i must read

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 19 Jan. 2012
V. Crump - See all my reviews
Wow, I know you have probably heard this a thousand times before, but hey one more time won't hurt, you are truly inspiration, the way you have copied with all of the issues and problems you have had o face in your young life is a testament to both you and your family. I have watched your documentaries, but your book I feel gives us all a real insight into areas of your life, just a little bit more. I love the fact that you are defined by your illness, you face it head on and well just get on with it, not many adults can even do that. I would also like to say I loved how the book was written by both you and you're Mum and enjoyed how you would both say similar things, but had slightly different takes on it. The book made me both laugh and cry and I was deeply touched by how open and honest Kerry wrote, your words will go a long way not to just help families going through progeria, but all families facing difficult, scary and uncertain times ahead. Thanks for letting us all in on your amazing life!

5.0 out of 5 stars hayley, 25 Nov. 2011
how could you not love this book i have seen all the tv shows with hayley in and the book is heart warming i hope they find a cure or something to slow down the ageing she is an inspiration to all

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, inspirational read., 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Old Before My Time: Hayley Okines' Life with Progeria by Hayley and Kerry Okines (Kindle Edition)
I have seen Hayley on TV in a few different documentaries over the years and have often wondered how she was doing and looked on the internet for any updates so I was really pleased to find that she and her mum had written this. What an amazing story, so honest. It is written from mum Kerry's point of view and frequently changes to writings from Hayley giving her views and experiences. Hayley is such a wonderful person who has got so much out of her life already and managed to keep so happy and sunny in her outlook yet she has been through so much. There's so many aspects to this book, joy and tears, I'm so glad I found it and hope Hayley will write more, I would love to keep updated with her progress with the new treatments she is trying out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and Inspirational Book by Two Amazing Women, 21 Dec. 2011
Heather Unsinger (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This is a story written about beautiful Hayley and how Progeria has affected - and NOT affected - Hayley, and really the entire Okines family. As a mother of a young child with Progeria, I was nervous to read too far ahead into the future, but found myself very inspired by Hayley and her spirit and independence. It came as a surprise to me that I would identify with Kerry and Hayley's family so much. This book is one about Hayley's amazing spirit, but also about Kerry and Mark and how a real family heals and grows. I couldn't put it down, and I am giving copies to my friends as gifts. A lovely book! Thanks Hayley and Kerry for having the courage to tell it. 2012 is going to be a good year for all! xx!