on 8 May 2013
Rev is too short: only six measly episode per series. And only two series, so far. But that might not be a bad thing. Like Spaced, it might just be two series is enough, the perfect amount, and to go any further would be to ruin something lovely, and it could end up on Series 4, and go all rubbish. Like Prison Break.

The writing in Rev is - in some places - absolute genuis. The characters are splendidly acted, and the dynamics between them are sometimes subtle and touching, other times violent and sweary.

I particulary like the Archdeacon, who always pours his coffee away. I don't know why that makes me laugh; it just does.

Summary: watch it. You'll like it. And if you don't, Jesus will hate you.
on 7 January 2013
Tom Hollander is superb as downtrodden and slightly faith-confused head of St Saviours. Great interaction between a host of characters who crop up throughout pretty well every episode including long suffering and rather amazingly supportive wife, Colin the drunken but eloquent tramp (is he the voice of God or Jesus throughout?) and a small group of others who help show how tough and exasperating being an inner-city cleric must be in the 21st century.
on 11 January 2013
Best programme on the telly, can never watch it too many times would recommend it to anyone with a sense of humour and a soul
on 4 May 2014
I came across this programme by accident whilst channel flicking one night, the show was already in it's third season. Well what can I say I absolutely loved, loved, loved it. I enjoyed it so much I instantly went on line & bought this box set & I wasn't disappointed. Tom Hollander is fantastic & Olivia Coleman just gets better & better & better. But it's not only about them, the rest of the supporting pack is Incredible too. This is classic, British comedy ( The like we are not supposed to make anymore ). It's wry, thoughtful, sad, funny & very accurate ( According to my big brother who is a real life 'Vicarage' ). In a nutshell it is life as it really is! When you watch it you'll get / understand the 'Vicarage' remake. Anyway it's full of warm, fleshy, eccentric & very believable characters. Vicar of Dibley it is not. But then we didn't need another one of those.
on 1 March 2013
Excellent series - well written and acted with interesting storylines. I thoroughly recommend it, especially if you have ever had anything to do with the clergy!
on 3 August 2014
This is ok if you are middle class and feel that you want to 'do good' in the world. But there is a lot of condescension in here, and if you imagine the situations from the point of view of the recipient of the 'doing good' I don't think you will feel comfortable. But I loved the writing for the archdeacon, and Colin's special bit did seem to hit the nail on the head. Overall I did enjoy watching this with my evening meal after work, and will get next one, if there is one.
on 4 April 2013
So far I have only watched the first 2 episodes, both are hilarious and reflective at the same time. What more can I say?
on 21 April 2014
We did not view Rev when it was first released but decided to buy this DVD when series 3 was recently started on BBC so that we could catch-up. What a fantastic find!! Not just excellent comedy, but brilliant acting and very very human stories. Would recommend to anyone and everyone - you will not be disappointed.
on 7 February 2013
I really enjoyed watching Rev on the TV when it was broadcast, so I bought it for my girlfriend's parents at Christmas and they have been really enjoying it.

I really like how Rev is adult comedy without the need to be really crass and rude and is generally pretty sweet, in a cute sort of a way.
on 28 July 2014
Definitely a must-have set - every episode a gem!! Very poignant storylines covering a variety of real-life topics, and portrayed with a great deal of humour. Superb acting, and some great characters (Archdeacon Robert, played by Simon McBurney is simply brilliant).
Cannot fault!