on 10 August 2012
I really rate this book. I've worked with Phil Jones for the last 18 months through various training programmes and his refreshing, direct & accessible teaching style really comes through in this book.

It's a book you can dip in and out of, you don't need (although you can) to read it through in one go, it's great for using as a reference to help you with sales ideas for calls or letters, hints and tips for moving your sales process forward & closing the sale. It is written in a style and format that will enable even the most reluctant non-sales business owner to benefit, and yet also allows more experienced sales professionals to identify where they could do something differently to get improved results. I can vouch for the fact that if you just regularly apply some of these ideas to your business will get you more sales and better outcomes from the sales process.
on 22 July 2012
I was lucky enough to attend a Conference on Saturday where Phil was our motivational speaker! So good was his presentation I wanted to find out more - and that's exactly what his brilliant Toolbox provided. I read it in one sitting, and am now bursting with ideas. Clear, concise, and motivational advice that will assist you in business, as well as all areas of life! Thank you Phil, my Team are getting (very) early Christmas presents.
on 12 July 2012
Whether you are a seasoned sales person or new to the business of sales this book will demistify the subject and help you and your business gain new clients and gain more from existing clients.

From the first words, Phil's style is easy to read, informed and engaging. His exceptional knowledge of the subject and his ability to clarify and explain key issues make it an easy and informative read. Having attended Phil's workshops I was delighted to discover the essence of these is now distilled into this gem of a book. I started the book and was instantly engaged by Phil's honest approach and candid descriptions of his own learning and the success that his life lessons brought about.

Much has been written on the subject of sales over the years, so much more critical to business success in the current market. Phil has taken a unique approach to the structure of this book using the simple analogy of the 'Toolbox' and sharing these tools with the reader. I will return to dip into it again and again.

The greatest learning for me from the book was the use of language and the 'magic words'. Read it and see if the magic works for you.
on 3 July 2012
As an avid reader and life long learner - I am consuming several books a week. Toolbox has been one of the best books I have read this year so far - and up there with some of the best ever.

The personal and "open soul" style of Toolbox makes it an inviting read. However, you could easily use it as a reference guide as its well structured and easy to flip through to find instant practical tips. In fact my copy has many post it note tabs relating to useful content I will revisit again in the future.

The only issue is its not a book you can read for reflection or just to pass the time. You need to be ready to be in the zone as the content compels you to get into gear; simply digesting the pages lying on your pillow is out of the question. A book for Serious Players only!

Whether you have a business or a new idea (or startup) then you will not be disappointed with the "more easily, more often" nature of the flowing advice and practical help this book will give you.
on 24 June 2012
I think I was probably one of the first to purchase this book and am so glad I did. I wanted some guidance, thoughts and suggestions to promote a new idea and venture! The book is written in a style in which you can, of course read the whole book, or it is set out in a way that you can easily find any particular assistance you need in the various chapters.

Phil writes very honestly about his path in business from the early age of 14! until current day and shares with us what has and has not worked for him.

The chapters on maximising opportunities and dealing with indecision are quite enlightening, being forward thinking and giving me the direction I needed. If you want business growth and who doesn't? then I suggest for the price of £12.99 and 199 pages to help you win more business then you go ahead and get your copy.
on 18 June 2012
I love everything about this book. Really! There's some great content and it's chunked down into simple tips which offer a quick and easy read and . . . as a result . . . makes it all so much easier to implement.

Even the feel of the book is great (you people who love the feel of paper will know exactly what I mean!) It's just a 'comfotable' book in that it feels, good, looks good and . . . yes, it IS good.

You'll definitely need a pen and your highlighter. It's one you'll probably, like me, pick up and refer to again and again. Some of the tips are so simple you could be forgiven for missing just how powerful they are once you implement them.

Enjoy it and use it. This is a proper toolbox. Great piece of kit. Toolbox - Essential Selling Skills To Win More Business
on 13 July 2012
I like this book a lot! It has large writing, short and easy to understand paragraphs and has the best business tips I have read in years. It's very obvious from the start that Phil walks his talk and having met him, I know he does. This is a must read for any business professional, whether you work from home, work in a small or large business. Thinking about it, it would also be excellent for any young person, who is leaving school or college and about to embark into the world of business.

I know that you will enjoy this book very much. Happy reading and happy implementing too!
on 17 July 2012
I was recommended this book by a good advisor, who had a very good insight into my short coming's I lacked confidence, but was not truly aware of how that was costing my business, since reading the book, which I haven't done just once, or twice, I regularly consult it, even the passages I know. It serves as a reminder, a guide, an incentive to apply more lessons from this book. If you are feeling worn down pushing you business boulder up the marketplace hill, then take a break, pour a coffee and read this book, and soon the boulder will become a pebble that makes up the beach of life.
on 26 June 2012
Having attended many of Phil's One Day Work Shop training days and for the first time in my life actually wanting to sit back, listen and learn, i found myself scribbling pages of notes every time. Since purchasing Phil's new book i now have a fantastic source of material that is carried around in my briefcase and used on a daily basis.

TOOL BOX is an easy read but packed full of simple but effective hints and tips to achieve the customers you want to do business with.

This is a "MUST HAVE" for any Sales Professional who wants to win more business!
on 28 June 2012
Toolbox is bang on the button for anybody wanting to win more business.

The book is jam-packed full of practical tips and tools designed to be easily incorporated into how business owners and sales people go about increasing their customer numbers and achieving more sales.

And the best news is the way it's written. The simple, straight forward language, which is effortlessly digested, enables the reader to quickly appreciate the core messages of Toolbox and to start implementing and benefiting from them straight away!