Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 1 October 2012
Perhaps I'm not the best person to review this as I purchased it simply as a 'memory jogger' for all those things that I once knew on the tip of my tongue but that now, age and illness have made increasingly fuzzy and uncertain.
Definitely not a sit down and read from cover to cover type of book but definitely one to have on the shelf for those moments of temporary memory glitch.
It is also not a book that you'd sit and pass your degree papers with but again, it would be a definite help for clarifying a few of the more suspect points. The section on power supplies has, to my mind, one of the best descriptions of bi-phase rectification that I have seen.
Over all a worthwhile book for the techies library.
on 5 May 2013
Content is great - it's neatly packed for anyone who wishes to learn the basics of Electronics, but doesn't want to go deep into detail. I'd recommend it to others for sure.

However, there is a a huge amount of typos, far more than I could ignore.
on 5 July 2010
This book is meant for BTEC courses really, the content is dry in presentation, lacks detail, and the author makes mistakes in some parts.

The book does not contain enough detail/content/circuit examples/explanations even for the BTEC National Diploma, so, for a practical text I would suggest 'The Art of Electronics' it is a must have. Saying that this book has enough information for degree level, (quoting the first comment) is a joke, this book would not be sufficient for your first week of your first year, it didn't even cover work I did for the first year in the BTEC.

Not a degree level text, is meant for BTEC courses and nothing else, if you are on a BTEC it is useless so get Art of Electronics instead.
on 20 May 2015
Very helpful book I purchased it for my partner who is an Engineering Lecturer who needed some information which he found in the book.
on 4 November 2013
The book covers my requirements and will be a ref for some years yet very pleased with my purchase thank you
Glyn
on 30 January 2014
A very good book and very informative, its the better of the books that I have purchased for the price
on 6 July 2015
Replacement book for lost copy
on 18 October 2014