5.0 out of 5 stars Rock 'n 'Roll Box Set, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Rock'n'Roll Romance Box Set (Pam Howes Rock'n'Roll Romance Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
These books were recommended to me by my cousin and I'm so glad I bought them. They are not the usual genre of books I read but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them. Roy and Eddie of the Raiders and their families became so real to me. The books are so well written and you are left wanting to know more about the everyday lives of all the characters. I was a teenager in the 50's so the books evoked lots of memories for me of the rock and roll era. Pam has included much of real life history making her books even more believable. I am now reading the prequel to these books and it is brilliant!!! I look forward to reading more of Pam's books in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Sep 2013
Well worth buying...excellent reading...buy it now...you'll want the rest in the series...takes me back to my youth club days...love it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 13 Feb 2014
E. Garske (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
A set of three books which I loved. Spreading over some time the story of a rock and roll group and their families. Loved the people and the time that the first book was set in. The next two follow their children with laughter, divorce, marriage, death and affairs throw into the mix. Got to the last page of the third book and felt sadness turning to happiness because there is another book to follow on which I downloaded straight away. Great story - give it a try

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Oct 2013
what a brilliant trilogy, read the prequel to this which was brilliant too. great characters. Pam is a brilliant writer, she makes you feel like you are there in the era.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading, 28 Mar 2014
Polly (Stockport Cheshire) - See all my reviews
Easy reading , yes pleasurable could not put it down and when I did could not wait to pick it up
Living in Stockport could relate to places and also my era

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive!, 17 Feb 2014
Really loved this box set, read them back to back and I'm glad I did. I found myself drawn into the Mellor & Cantello lives, hit the highs with them and despaired at the lows. Pam's writing style is unpretentious and straight to the point, these books were so easy to read, you can pick them up and put them down as you like and never forget where you were up to....not that you'll want to put them down, the saga is like a soap opera, only more exciting and totally believable!

5.0 out of 5 stars rock n roll, 7 May 2013
I loved this series I couldn't get enough of it, well written, if you like books with a sixties theme you will like this.,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Dec 2013
I love this series, it is absolutely fantastic, would definitely recommend it especially at the bargain price of only 99p.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed it!!, 14 May 2013
I loved these books and found them hard to put down, I also had to buy book four as I needed to know what happened to the Raiders!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Roll series, 26 April 2013
I have all three of these books on paperback, but recently, I got my kindle and had to download them all again.
I love the characters and the way they grow as people as the series moves forward, even Livvy, who I hated and loved at the same time. She brings all sorts of trouble with her!
I think the auther, Pam Howes, has done a great job when it comes to the tangled love lives of the main characters and I found myself almost shouting at the book at times as I rooted for the characters who should evedently be together, but can't resist the lust of another.
These books have everything you really need when it comes to a fantastic read - Love, hate, affairs, lies, but also happiness.
I am too young to remember the sixties, but Pam has really portrayed the era well and this has kept me gripped throughout.
I would recommend all of these books. You won't be disappointed!!