5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, solidly made, I am very pleased.
Published on 16 Oct. 2012 by The Gamer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, probably not suited for heavy use
I was brought this as a gift in 2011. I typically use this pan at least 2 or 3 times a week, often for soups and stews as the size fantastic. Unfortunately in the last week I've noticed a slight swell in the bottom of the pan where it looks like the enamel is coming away from the cast iron and I fear its days are numbered.

For the intense year I used the pan...
Published on 6 Jan. 2013 by Mr

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, solidly made, I am very pleased., 16 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Andrew James 5 Litre Enamel Coated Cast Iron Casserole Dish (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased this as I needed a casserole dish for a dinner party for 6 people. Usually, it is only me and the wife so I didn't want to buy something too big to cook in when it is just the two of us. After a bit of research, I decided 5L was about the right size I needed and went for this dish mainly due to excellent price (£29.99), solid build quality and the enamel coating, which helps prevent sticking. Anyway, I am extremely pleased with this product, it arrived quickly, feels extremely solid and is a great size for up to 6 people, but also usable for just two people (and not too giant to store either).

It has a cream enamel coating on the inside and the underside of the lid has dimples that help the moisture to drip back into the casserole - this is a nice quality touch and stops the juices running down the outside of the lid causing a mess when you lift the lid up. Overall, I am very pleased, it is excellent value and was just what I was after. It should also last a good few years being cast iron. Would highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, probably not suited for heavy use, 6 Jan. 2013
Mr "r_varlese" (HARPENDEN, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

For the intense year I used the pan it worked great, but I think its time for me to fork out on the le creuset.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect...., 22 Oct. 2013
Superfast delivery, ordered at 10am and received the compact nicely packaged item by 6pm the following day so thrilled to bits. At first glance, loving the colour as it compliments the shades of reds in kitchen but on closer inspection found two small spots inside the lid to have missed the enamel coating! Despite the small fault, the overall product looks well made and time will tell if its quality will rival that of the other famous brand! Decided to keep the dish as the slight seconds appearance could not possibly maimed its functional purpose, but this does not mean my confidence hasn't been affected by any future buy from the AJ range. Hope AJ will take note and check products before despatch to customers in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Now used!, 25 Feb. 2014
J. R. Figuiere (Stowmarket, Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This pretty fellow not only looks good (le Creuset eat your heart out!) but cooks up a mean casserole. I bought this very recently and used it last weekend (22nd February 2014) in my oven to make a steak casserole with dumplings. The meal turned out perfectly, and so did the washing-up! I just had to leave some cold water in it and then swish around with a sponge to clean the insides. To my amazement it was as easy as that - no scrubbing. Price-wise, comparing it again to le Creuset, was just a snippet. Well Done Andrew James, would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is so so good!!, 17 Mar. 2013
I love my cooking and thankfully so do my family, this has made every thing even better, It is quite heavey but thats ok, and its well made, after waching the chefs on TV I needed to get somthing i could start off on the gas and put straight into the oven to finish off. makes it so much easier being able to do it all in one pot. I have a family of 4 and it is fantastic. Thanks Andrew James. PS, just doing lamb casserole right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value for money!!, 10 Jun. 2013
I brought this as I wanted a le cruset casserole dish but it was way out of the range of what I wanted to pay.
It's managed to serve a hot pot for a new years eve house party, do a small casserole and lots of other things.
It's extremely sturdy and I'm glad I brought this over an expensive model!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good quality casserole dish, 12 July 2013
good quality and large capacity, though it's a bit heavy. I highly recommend this particular casserole dish as being sturdy, large capacity and quality looking. Not to forget it being very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very solid dish, 19 Jan. 2013
E. Hicks (UK) - See all my reviews
And looks nice too. Much cheaper than le creuset and I think of equal quality. Hope it will last years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 17 Feb. 2013
Received in good time. Bought as a present and the person loved it. Very please with the timescale from the purchase to the receipt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like more famous makes, 7 Dec. 2012
What can I say - it's a casserole dish!
EXCELLENT service from the company from ordering to delivery....which was super speedy.
We have finally got round to making a big stew and it was ideal. We have a smaller casserole (Le Creuset) but needed a larger capacity...so went for this one....and it hasn't disappointed. It is similar in weight to Le Creuset.....but a fraction of the price. Good colours..all bright and shiny..the finish I admit is literally a little rough around the edges in comparison to the other one...but that's not going to affect performance....if it wasn't sat next to the other one I wouldn't know any different.
Washed well...no complaints and will definitely use Andrew James again.