5.0 out of 5 stars Buy "Sold by Amazon" or at least "Fulfilled by Amazon"
This is a recommendation from an amazed user.

Published 18 months ago by Y. U. Park

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, very disappointed
I've been seriously disappointed with this printer. I bought it almost automatically after my previous Samsung CLP-310 had served me well for over 3 years, eventually failing with a burnt out fused unit which would have cost more than a new printer to repair. I simply wanted the same quality and longevity from the new model.

Unfortunately, as with so many years...
Published 13 months ago by Stuart W. Greig

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, very disappointed, 6 April 2014
Stuart W. Greig (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung CLP-415N Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)

Unfortunately, as with so many years things, this newer model seems to be of much lower quality. The first one I had left a huge gap at the top of every page and up the bottom part off each page, after some discussions with Samsung support they agreed the printer was faulty and I returned to Amazon for a replacement. So far so good, the support was quick and I got a new device.

The replacement worked fine for the first couple of weeks, no blank header and prints were much quicker than the previous version of the printer, colour speed is noticeably quicker.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and all my prints are curling at the top and bottom of each page, this makes printing multiple copies a real trial as you have to stand at the printer and pull off the pages as they appear, or else they get jammed in the output tray or roll off onto the floor.

The solid colour printing, images in document for example, are now all broken, with excess toner being smeared from the image onto the paper around it. This suggests something wrong with either the toner cartridges or the fuse unit. Samsung support recommend changing the cartridges, after going through a three page list of cleaning instructions! Remember this printer is less than 3 months old, is still using the provided cartridges and has done less than 500 pages.

I can't really mark it down for the price of the cartridges, but a full set of COMPATIBLE replacements is more than the price of the printer itself. I think I'd rather invest that money in a new printer. I certainly won't be buying guide another Samsung one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs work, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Samsung CLP-415N Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)
Output is excellent quality, its a cheap machine and the OEM toners are not exorbitant compared to others. Seems to be a Samsung "thing"; like some other of their hardware the software for managing it and network setup are diabolically bad - and I know my way around these things. My printer simply will not wake on LAN (if you google around you can find that this is not just a problem with this laser printer - it is a problem with most of their lasers) and I have resorted simply to leaving it on - which works. It also runs hot - paper that used to come out of my HP 2600n reasonably flat and cool emerges with steam (yes steam, it is not smoke) rising from it if the pack has been open for a bit and the paper has picked up a bit of moisture. Be prepared to spend money on high quality paper. I can live with it given the print quality and the price. One final thing; their setup CD (and the downloaded exe I tried) simply refused to run on one of my PCs (and Yes - other installation/setup things are fine on it so its something to do with the structure of the installer they have used). I was actually forced to install it as a local USB printer using copied over drivers from another machine and then converted it to make it a network printer. (See "software" comment above.....).

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible printer, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Samsung CLP-415N Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)
Purchased this printer around 10 months ago and wish we had never bothered. It is used on a small office network connected to 5 pc's. The machine had to be returned 4 times because it was faulting from new whereby it would not print as it kept saying the paper tray was empty regardless of the fact it was full. The return and "alleged!" repair service was terrible as we could not return it to Amazon as it was provided by one of there external providers and didn't come directly from Amazon. Upon contacting Samsung they were unable to repair or replace it for us and instructed us we had to go through their approved repairers. This meant sending the printer off to them with no replacement being offered and our business being without a printer for around 10 days on 3 separate occasions. Each time it was returned we were informed the printer was working fine and had no fault and if we wanted to send it back again we would be charged!! Again it faulted (on 3 occasions) and we told the repairer we would not be paying any costs for it to be looked at. Each time it came back and faulted in the same manner.
Since then we did not bother to send it back again as it seemed pointless and was leaving us without a colour printer in our office. We decided to put up with it and the mind of its own that it seemed to possess. Sometimes it works fine, others it just works when it feels like it and sometimes it won't print what we've sent as a job and will just print off 100's of pages of coding!
Terrible machine and terrible service in attempting to have it repaired/replaced.
KEEP WELL AWAY!
We will be buying something from a more reputable printer manufacturer such as HP and learn our lesson never to buy a Samsung printer again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy "Sold by Amazon" or at least "Fulfilled by Amazon", 26 Oct. 2013
Y. U. Park "John. Park" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung CLP-415N Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)
This is a recommendation from an amazed user.

This is one of the best buy I have ever made on printers. I know that the consumables are expensive, but, the printing speed and quality is good at this price. This model has much improved performance when compared to the CLP-360 series. As the CLP-360/365 CLX-3300/3305 series have only one drum for 4 colours, the colour document printing speed is extremely slow (4 ppm only), but this has individual drum attached to the toner cartridge which means colour printing and B&W printing speed is just the same. 18 PPM. Wow. 18 ppm at this price. It is more than enough for me.

I also like the paper tray. I did not expect that the paper tray would have the envelope tray on top of it. You can place smaller papers or thicker papers without removing the existing / main papers in the tray. When you pull out the paper tray, you will see a type of plastic cover of the paper tray, and the cover itself is also a mini paper tray for smaller papers. I guess this is the MPT of this printer.

It is a bit bigger than CLP 360 series printer but at this performance difference, it is worth the additional price and size.
Moreover, it comes with bigger starter pack toner cartridges than CLP 360 series. CLP 360 series have 700 pages BW & 500 pages Colour toners as its initial toner cartridges. CLP 415 has 1000 / 700 toner. Definitely worth the money.

Tip : You can trust Amazon as they will care your needs. Buy the product without a second thought if that is "Sold by Amazon". If you want to make sure this is the correct printer, buy products "Sold by Amazon". I always buy Sold by Amazon products even if I need to pay several pounds extra(sometimes 10 pounds extra). If not available, buy at least "Fulfilled by Amazon" product. That means, the dispatches and returns will all be dealt by Amazon FBA team and it is DEFINITELY PAINLESS. Amazon help team members are just AMAZING. They are soooooo quick. Just go to help, find the transaction what you need their help on, and click the button either email, chat or call whatever you feel better. Call will be paid by Amazon. They will simply call you straight away. If you wish to chat with them, you can reach them very soon. For me, I always reach them within 30 sec. Within a minute, your issues will be sorted out.

Even if the goods are sold by third party seller but "Fulfilled by Amazon", you do not have to contact the seller at all. Exactly same way as sold by Amazon. Just open the return from your account and request pickup. Do not know what to do? Just go to Help and click the buttons to get super fast help. If that is wrong item or any error coming from manufacture side or delivery, Amazon will pay the return postage.

Even if you change your mind and just want to return the item within 30 days, the return postage is only 3 - 5 pounds on this type of heavy printers, and it will be deducted from the refund amount. Painless. Simple. Right? Items will be picked up by DPD or some other delivery company when you request through Amazon, and they will come at your convenient time to collect the printer.

I bought this printer "Sold by Amazon" and it was right product. As this is stated clearly on the item title, this is CLP-415N and this is not wireless version. I saw right description and title, and received right product for right price.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's great on pearlised paper, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Samsung CLP-415N Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)
Bought this printer for printing wedding stationary, it's great on pearlised paper, and for printing photos, but smudges on hammered card, I can live with that as won't be printing any more hammered card, it has ink saving mode and energy saving mode, should have bought one years ago instead of all those cheap printers we have bought, price is great and would definitely recommend. Inks are a bit pricy but last for absolute ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jun. 2014
Mr. Steven P. Evans "SteveE" (St Albans, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung CLP-415N Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)
super. works great on network. colour prints v good. no problems at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Nov. 2014
Perfect

1.0 out of 5 stars not as described, returns procedure is a real pain., 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Samsung CLP-415N Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)
it stated in the product description that this printer was a wi fi printer. It certainly isn't. I then had to explain to amazon's customer service assistant by their online messaging system, like a messenger thing, that i didn't have anything to print the returns label with. After them trying to fob me off by suggesting i use family, friends or even the local library, eventually the penny dropped and they suggested sending me a returns label by post. What a massive pain when the fault was theirs.
I have to say that i now check prices on play dot com etc whereas i didn't bother before. I think that when it's not your mistake, why should you be messed around and inconvenienced.

Samsung CLP-415N Colour Laser Printer