on 24 July 2012
Great product and great price. Exactly what it says on the tin really! It's great that there are several protectors as sometimes they can be awkward to put on the screen... One tip I've heard of though, is line up the protector on the screen, and when you are happy with the position then place some masking tape down one side. Then lift the cover (like a page in a book), and remove the backing and slowly lower. Decreases risk of bubbles or misalignment!
55 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2013
First off, some tablet cases come with a screen protector film thrown in, so read the spec very carefully before you buy this. That said, applying the film can be a bit tricky and I wasted my "free" protector by getting a little dust under the film, leaving me with a couple of bubbles that I couldn't shift. So, buying this pack of six turned out to be a wise move - in fact I lost the first one out the pack the same way as the free one.

The protectors come with an anti-static cleaning cloth and an application card that you use to smooth out the bubbles after the film has been laid. The procedure is as follows:

1. Clean the tablet's screen with the cloth. The cloth is ridiculously small, but nevertheless useable and it's worth taking your time at this point, checking the screen in good light and from various angles to make sure it is free of smears and dust.

2. Pop out the blank from the camera lens hole in the film you're going to use. this avoids the possibility that the blank will detach and slip under the film as you apply it - something that happened to me on the first go.

3. Using the red tab, peel the first centimetre or so of the film's backing away and position the free, short edge of the film onto the tablet screen. The film is very slightly undersized so don't try and get it perfectly flush with the screen edge.

4. Peel the rest of the backing film away from under the protector. Don't worry too much about bubbles - they can be removed next.

5. Once the backing is removed, use the card to firmly scrape/push any bubbles from the middle of the protector out to it's edge and they will disappear. I found that a credit card did the job better than the supplied smoother. DO NOT REMOVE THE FRONT FILM UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THIS. The front film prevents the protector from getting scratched by the card during the smoothing process..

6. Remove the front film by peeling it away using the green tab.This may cause a few bubbles to return, so be careful and smooth them away with the cloth, not the card.

The Nexus 7 may not be the most expensive tablet on the market, but it's still worth looking after it and this film is all you need to protect its screen from scratches. It does this very well, while not hindering the touch-screen's operation in any way.

Essential kit.
on 21 July 2012
Good value double peel type protector - If you have applied this type before you will have no trouble with these.
Tip from me - I always apply them working on a slightly damp (and clean!) kitchen table whilst the room is nice and cool. This seems to help stop any dust or fluff from being too troublesome. Use the bottom layer you are peeling away to act as a 'static mop' while you apply to the screen.

Seem to fit quite well for an early production run.
on 7 August 2012
Perfect for the Nexus 7. The size is just right and it fits as expected on the screen. Also I was unlucky enough to get a scratch on my screen soon after I bought it, but this screen protector hides it like it was never there. I've ordered more for friends so I strongly recommend this.
on 8 August 2012
Just bought a spanking new Nexus 7 and as I didn't want a screen full of my dirty fingerprints all over it so I started looking for a screen protector..saw this one looked o.k so I bought it. It comes with screen cleaner and smoothing...thingy!! and of course the screen protectors. I found it easy to use and with a little bit of care and patience it applied perfectly. So basically it does what it says on the tin. So stop reading this and go buy one...
on 8 December 2014
It applies easily, not too difficult to remove air bubbles, if you're careful. Take care removing the top cover after applying, as it's easy to pull the protector away as well! Nice that there are 6 in the pack so you can have at least one practice run!
Works OK, screen is still clear and easy to read with the protector applied.

CONS (in my opinion):
1. It's very prone to finger-smear, and needs frequent cleaning. That said, a soft cloth (e.g. cotton hanky) cleans it easily. However, it's surprising what a nuisance this becomes!
2. These protectors are not anti-glare, by any means. They're as refelctive as the actual Nexus 7 screen itself. Makes using it outside more difficult.
on 1 September 2012
i was a little suspect about buying protectors online as i heard that they can be a pain and what ever however these are fantastic. fitted the nexus really well. and yes there are 6 in a pack. i used 3 to get it right. however in a shop u might pay £15 for 1 which u will probably mess up. however don't bother with express delivery. i order something else not with express del;ivery and they both arrived on the same day in different packages
on 16 January 2013
I decided to go for these protectors over more expensive ones as after having an emotionally bruising experience fitting some MediaDevil protectors to my S3 I thought it would be best to have more than two chances and I'm glad I did (given how many I ended up using). That said, the difference between the MD protectors and these is pretty obvious and as such I'm wary of the longevity of this product.

Most of what I could say is covered in other reviews but I have to echo them in saying that the both the Cleaning Cloth and Application Card are ludicrously small. They almost needn't have bothered. Thankfully though, I still had the MediaDevil ones to hand so I used them instead.

The usual issues about dust bubbles that you hear about still apply here and are even magnified as there's a greater surface area to cover. One thing that might not have been mentioned before is that the quality of the material is definitely inferior to the more expensive protectors. That much should be obvious but I found that some of the protectors had minor creases in them on removing them from the pack and this creates bubbles when put down on the screen which don't come out as they just don't adhere correctly, no matter how much you attack them with the application card.

What I'd also say is, before you try applying the protector, poke any plastic out of the hole for the camera. If you don't do this then there's a good chance that once you've stuck it on you find that the plastic circle is stuck under the protector and doesn't come out easy... If you lift it up to extract then dust gets in and it's bubble city again. I wasted a protector on this schoolboy error.

In summation, they're okay but nowhere near as good as more expensive protectors, but then you can't honestly expect that for the price. Ultimately you have to make a call as to whether quality or quantity is more important to you. If you buy expensive you get a better product but only 1 or 2 chances to get the application right. If you buy cheaper then you get more chances but you have to contend with imperfections and longevity issues.

The choice, as they say, is yours.
on 8 May 2016
Not a huge amount you can say about screen protectors you buy for a couple of quid. These are pretty average.

Applying screen protectors is pretty frustrating at the best of times, and this brand doesn't do a huge amount to make it easier. The camera-hole cutouts were still in place, something I didn't realise till applied first one.
This brand comes with a small screen cloth, which is nice. But that's it. No positioning tape, no remedy tape if a spec of dust gets through.
Unless you're a pro at placing protectors, expect to use 2-3 of the 5 supplied to get a satisfactory placement. Can't really grumble for £2 though.

Tip: Before using these, and removing backing, make sure you poke out the plastic camera-hole on protector. It will stick underneath otherwise and leave a big air bubble hard to remedy. This really is something that MOFRED should have already done.
Potentially worth paying a little more for a brand that has positioning tape etc included.
on 7 December 2015
Interesting that there is such a variation in the reviews and even in what some people have apparently received.

I am not able to recommend these. I’ve put a lot of screen covers on phones and tablets and they can be tricky, but these (the ones I was sent) just don’t fit properly. They are slightly too wide and however carefully you apply them, lining up with the camera hole, one side will not be within the limits of the screen glass causing a long bubble that you cannot eradicate. After trying three of them I‘ve given up.

I also found that the surface when applied was not great. The type of film (polymer) used has too much resistance to the touch to make for comfortable use when swiping etc.

Overall, a disappointing purchase and frankly, a waste of time and money!

See one answered question