on 1 September 2013
I was searching for a case for a Tom Tom GoLive 1005 World and saw this case which looked like a good alternative to the Tom Tom marketed one which was over twice the price. I had already tried a couple of other cases in other stores but they were too tight to comfortably take the 1005 screen size and thought I may well end up damaging the unit.
New case arrived and I must say it is excellent. I already have a Tom Tom 920T for which I bought a Tom Tom marketed case several years ago and the quality is identical.
Both the screen and cable fit comfortably into the case, and just have to carry the USB / charging adapter and window mount separately but expected this anyway.
There are two elastic straps to secure the screen into the case and have found that it is best to use only one or else it is extremely difficult to remove the screen from the case due to the snug fit.
A great case perfect for the 1005 and good value
on 8 December 2013
I bought this case for my TomTom Go Live after a review of what was available. This one seemed quite reasonably priced for a hard shell case. I'm very pleased with it - there are two internal elastic straps which hold the TomTom in place to prevent it moving around at all. The case is light but tough and durable. Recommended
on 31 October 2013
I bought a new Tom Tom as my last one was getting unreliable - I therefore purchased a protective case for it and the Tom Tom fits perfectly although it could do with being a bit deeper so that I could keep the lead in the case as well - it does just about fit.
on 8 July 2013
Good case for keeping the Sat Nav safe from damage. Could do with being slightly deeper as the Tom Tom Go live cable has a large plug at one end and the transformer at the other. It does not fit in the case.
Good value for what it is though.
on 3 February 2013
Excellent value and really holds the Tom Tom snuggly due to the elasticated straps. The price was hugely below that of comparable High Street product. Case doesn't hold much beyond the Tom Tom itself but I wasn't expecting it to so that was fine.
on 22 July 2013
Fits my TOMTOM GO Live 1005 5" widescreen perfectly incuding cable. Will prevent damage from light knocks and scratches but lacks the padding for a large fall. Decent protection at a decent price.
on 28 October 2013
Other half bought a new Sat Nav and needed a new case for it. This one fitted the bill perfectly. Good quality and much less expensive than ones that he had seen in a shop. One happy bunny!
on 18 February 2014
Good but not spectacular hence four stars. Not up to the standard of other TomTom cases I have owned which have been absolutely brilliant and proved their worth over many years.
on 15 June 2013
I am delighted with this this case, I though I would have had to buy one from tomtom, but this ones great and has two zips my previous tomtom one only had one and it broke.
on 4 August 2013
Nice case with two elasticated retaining straps that keep the sat nav safe when case is open or closed plus it's not so bulky as some of the other tomtom cases I've had