5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable..
Published on 12 April 2009 by A Mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Every day story of relationship break up
Easy to read. Shallow on the story line. I was always hoping there would be some thing unexpected or exciting but this never happened
Published 20 months ago by janet pearce

5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable.., 12 April 2009
This review is from: Something Like Love (Paperback)
I picked this book up at a second hand book shop, and started reading it on a Sunday morning, I finished it on the beach that same day. It is a fantastically written book that is extremely easy to believe. You get caught up in the life of Rose, the main character, along with her 3 chilren. Her husband walked out 8 years before and she has rebuilt her life, we catch up with her when he tries to walk back in and take what he thinks he's entitled to. The book follows her fight to keep what is hers, her family together and goes into detail about the relationship she has with her children and the people who she comes to rely on. I am now forced to order the rest of her books as I literally forgot myself and became part of the lead character's life, something that very few books make me do. Buy it, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 23 April 2013
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Something Like Love (Kindle Edition)
This is a really good read. Eight years ago Rose's husband walked out on her and her three children and was never heard from again, until now when he is back wanting to "regularise matters" between them. The story tells the effect his return has on Rose and her children in a very gripping way. As I was reading it I just wanted to shout out advice to Rose! The book is extremely well written and the story moves fluidly with good, well drawn characters who behave and speak in believable ways. They are normal people who are, for the most part, likeable but caught up in a situation that will strike a chord with a lot of readers who have stood in the shoes of Rose and her family.

It was very easy to get sucked into Rose's world and I was quite sad to get to the end of the story. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to read, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Something Like Love (Kindle Edition)
I had read this previously and enjoyed it immensely. It was just as good second time around. A lovely feel good read. Would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Every day story of relationship break up, 27 April 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars A dull read, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Something Like Love (Kindle Edition)
First book I'd read from this author. I was disappointed in it - the characters are shallow and 2-dimensional, the plot thin and predictable. I couldn't really believe in it, people behaved in ways that weren't credible. The problem with 'real life' stories is that real life is essentially boring. To lift a story out of the boredom things need to happen, and in this book they didn't. One character (Angela) is caught with her fingers in the till and the police take her away. She's got nothing to do with the plot and I felt her storyline had been added at the last moment to try and inject a bit of interest in a dull plotline. It didn't, because we didn't care much about her, she was such a minor character, and what she did had no bearing on the main characters or their story. There was a paragraph near the end where the writer suddenly switched from past to present tense. I know why she did this, but it wasn't marked out with asterisks or a blank line top & bottom, it just happened without warning and therefore jolted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good easy read, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Something Like Love (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book found it very easy to follow with a nice happy ending. Will look to read more from this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Something Like Love (Kindle Edition)
Lots of difficult emotions and ideas dealt with sensitively, sensibly and without rancour. I enjoyed this book - I'd not heard of this author but was interested by the blurb, and I'm glad I tried it. Is the ending a little too perfect, I wonder?!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Something Like Love (Kindle Edition)
The most boring book I have ever read forced myself to go on but after 80%cant go any further no wonder it was cheap , it should free .

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Something Like Love (Kindle Edition)
A good read, story line was mostly fluent although a little disjointed in places. I felt that it's content touched on some serious themes and then just left them, making you feel a bit underwhelmed

3.0 out of 5 stars Trundles along, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Something Like Love (Kindle Edition)
This book is a pleasant read - not exciting and won't set the world on fire....I was glad to finish it and move on to more of a page Turner

Something Like Love