5.0 out of 5 stars What I thought of the content of the book

Nice read.
Published 2 months ago by faymonaghan

5.0 out of 5 stars What I thought of the content of the book, 20 Nov. 2001
Mrs. Paula L. Hulme (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Paperback)
This James Herriot doesn't tell the reader about the author's time in the RAF as a kind of 'running commentary'. Instead Herriot gives you some insight into his experiences as a vet training to be a pilot and he uses each annecdote to bring the subject round to the material for which he is best known - his hilariously funny experiences in practice. The book is quite touching, bringing home to the reader how awful James Herriot found the separation from his wife Helen, especially during her first pregnancy, the home sickness he felt for Darrowby and for the niche he had come to feel so at home in. My favourite bit is when he gets the chance to deliver a calf as an aside to his RAF career. A change of pace from the previous books, a little deeper but just as rich in all the things Herriot lovers enjoy so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone, very funny in places had me laughing a lot. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Kindle Edition)
Love this book and easy to read

5.0 out of 5 stars bought for ipad, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Kindle Edition)
bought for kindle. read in paper back. same as before just its now on my ipad and kindle very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoy a bygone time, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Kindle Edition)
What a lovely book. I first read this 35 years ago. This book has lost none of its' charm - a vet who truly loved his job working in an era when there was time to give each client the time they deserved. Would be enjoyed by animal lovers or those that relish the simple things in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good entertaining read, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Kindle Edition)
I am Scottish and a lot of my family are from Yorkshire and I read these book when I was younger. It was great to revisit them now. A very entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Herriot humour, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Kindle Edition)
The complete series is brilliant. I have chortled my way through this book and the pictures which are conjured up in your mind from the text are instant and really funny. It does touch on the real life problems faced around that time but the balance of humour and tragedy are well balanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars I real good read, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Kindle Edition)
once you open this book you will not want to put it down I know I didn't looking forward to my next book

4.0 out of 5 stars tells the story of the early career of James Herriot which I enjoyed while I was on a long journey, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Vet In A Spin (Audio CD)
It does what it says on the box, tells the story of the early career of James Herriot which I enjoyed while I was on a long journey, anybody want my copy as I won't be listening to it again? Haha

5.0 out of 5 stars I like James Herriot books because ther is lots of small ..., 6 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Vet in a Spin (Kindle Edition)
I like James Herriot books because ther is lots of small story's like each capture is a story within itself very entertaining

Vet in a Spin