5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Phone Combo
Published on 1 April 2013 by Gilmour

Published on 27 Nov. 2012 by Mitha

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great..rating it 2* just for the red look but that isn't good enough!, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
Looks very nice but definitely disappointing. I bought and returned this as it was no good! First of numbers don't light up so you can't use in the dark, no caller I.D display on corded phone and can't store name and numbers on it like the cordless one. The only way is like speed dial which is pointless and difficult! Also looks very nice especially the red colour but scratches so easily even with care which isn't what you want especially within 2-3 days. I've replaced it with the B.T Aura, if interested read my reviews on that, you won't be disappointed!!

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING THE BT AURA!!! After 2 months and 3 replacements of the BT Aura I'm extremely disappointed. First phone had a screen fault so not really a problem with the mechanical aspect of the phone but the second one after 7 days the phone disappeared so asked for a replacement and now again almost 3 weeks later then the new one received AGAIN my phonebook disappeared and by this I mean my contacts only to leave 20 no names stores and a few contacts repeated several times! Not happy and will be getting a refund!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Phone Combo, 1 April 2013
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
We needed a phone for the bedroom and one for the kitchen. This iDECT Carrera phone combo looked liked a good deal as not only did we get two phones but also a large capacity answer phone and plenty of storage for names and numbers. On top all that the two phones looked very retro/trendy. Having the corded phone in the kitchen means that the handset never now goes astray. The instructions are straight forward and dialing using the round dial is easy...once you get used to where the numbers are. The digital sound is fine and we've had no problems with interference, dropping out or distortion. It has also become a bit of an talking point whenever anyone visits our kitchen and sees the round dial. All in all a great value and a nice looking couple of phones.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice set of phones, 21 April 2014
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
Well worth the money. I bought just one of these phones in the past that my sister asked to borrow it and I never got it back because she liked it so much and so bought the twin pack now. I looked around for the best price and amazon is the cheapest. I even had a £5 off coupon with Argos and even with that amazon were the cheapest out there.
Anyway on to the phone(s) I only gave the phone(s) 4 stars because other people have said about not being able to store more numbers but all in all these are nice phones with a good answer machine. I love the fact that the small unit just needs to be plugged into the mains to work anywhere in the house and has an intercom function so can call other hand set. And has a good remote access function as well. If you are looking for a nice around house phone you can not go far wrong with these phones

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phones, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
Bought these phones as a Christmas gift for my daughter. She was over the moon with them as she had just managed to break her phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Combo phone, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
We kept forgetting to charge the cordless phones so this combination is perfect - we still have a corded phone when we forget to charge the other half! Shame it only comes in red (I like it but hubby is a Spurs supporter!) Pleased with the product - looks good and works well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
Very disappointed with this item. The handset on the mobile unit was very flimsy and was easily knocked off the stand. I thought the unit as a whole was rather expensive and very lightweight. Not good value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed and wouldn't recommend, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
Only set this phone up yesterday evening and we are already disappointed with it. You can't store names in the phonebook on the corded handset, only numbers, so caller display is practically useless (and we pay our provider extra for it !) The phonebooks (between corded and uncorded) are not synced so you have to enter all the numbers twice, the choice of ringtone's is really poor, the units are very flimsy/lightweight - all in all, a poor buy I'm afraid and we haven't actually made/received many calls yet !

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly impractical, but looks quite good., 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
I regret buying it I'm afraid. It looks good but it is really impractical to actually use. I mainly use the corded 'phone and have found it very difficult to hold. If I pick up the main body securely my finger always hits the button on the bottom which locates the cordless 'phone... loudly. The digital screen is small and hard to read, and in order to check if the answerphone has any messages you have to look at it closely to see if the symbol is flashing. Finally, the buttons light up on the cordless 'phone which should be helpful, but the lights are actually around the buttons rather than within them and so just serve to obscure the writing on each.

It might be worth also noting that the main 'phone cannot store names in its phonebook, only numbers. This seems a bit pointless.

So, overall I haven't found anything good to say as my interactions with it have all been hassle. I hate to be so negative but would advise anyone wanting more practicality than aesthetics to consider alternatives.

3.0 out of 5 stars idect Carrera Combo plus twin combo phone, 13 May 2013
This review is from: iDECT Carrera Combo Plus Twin DECT Phone (Electronics)
Like the shape and colour but not pleased with the way numbers are shown on the dislay because they are not that clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky looking telephones, 6 Jan. 2013
Love the funky colour.
Like the idea that I can use the telephone cordless or corded so never out of touch.
A bit of reading required to understand how to use it fully.
Still not sure if I can delete my answerphone messages from the corded phone yet and I have had it 3 months.
Nothing similar on the market and I felt it was value for money for 2 phones and different

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›