5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
exactly what it said in the advert. very pleased with this product. very easy to assemble. use it every day
Published 16 months ago by terry punchard

I had to come back and write a review of this. Initially it worked well and I have no issue with it in terms of it doing the job as a Cross Trainer should however as some have already pointed out it may develop the most annoying fault ever for a machine like this.

Published 4 months ago by Lee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this, if it develops the front column noise issue you will hate it., 19 April 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)

The front column on mine has started to get noisy, can't figure it out at all. Now when I say noisy, I don't just mean a little noisy, I mean so noisy you just can't use it. It's like a loud grating noise. Believe me I am not over exaggerating, it's so loud and bad.

I have tried to figure it out and just can't find out what is causing it. Only when you put pressure on the front column left to right, which you can't avoid.

I stripped it down to see if it was a single component causing it, however having done that and then just used a bit of force to move the column the noise is still there. I first thought it was the weld at the bottom going but it seems fine, the more I Listen it's as if the noise is coming from the area around the tension dial but that does not make sense.

If someone has figured it out let me know.

I just can't recommend this unit though in case it happens to you, it will seriously drive you crazy. If you use it inside the house among others it will drive them crazy too. Fortunately I converted my garage so use it there but that does not excuse the issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent equipment, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)
did consider getting the one that doubles up as an exercise bike as well but when we tried it in a stoor found better off getting seperate equipment. This cross trainer was easy to assemble albeit heavy. Excellent work out and as goos as the one at our local gym.

4.0 out of 5 stars good trainer, 14 May 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Fiddle to put together but is great to use once build. Would recommend any one to buy one good value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this item, 17 April 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)
bought this in the hope that I wasn't going to get faulty piece of kit. However, it arrived and of course the bolts and threads are not aligned. really disappointed. So I call Amazon customer services to be told that a courier will be arranged but I will have to pay for it. I ask how much it will cost but they don't know how much it will be. Amazon do say that they will also refund the courier on presentation of a receipt. So if you buy this be prepared to pay to return a faulty crosstrainer. its not good quality. real shame for York- I thought they were a good brand- but will never buy anything from them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard work but worth it!!!, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)
I wanted to try to get fitter so decided to buy this product. It is very sturdy and excellent value for money. I find it easy to use but being in my early 60's I'm still working on level 1. Do enjoy using it though and you do get a good workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab machine, 15 April 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Delivery super fast ordered sunday.. using monday afternoon. Easy to put together and machine is good quaility. It aslo is very quiet. Top piece of equipment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy and poor quality, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Really noisy after a few weeks, easy to assemble. had to send one back due to it developing a fault in the 3rd week.

Build Quality is poor for the price but I have returned mine and will be paying that little bit extra for a good quality Xtrainer

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 18 April 2014
Michael Hookway "Mike" (Plymouth,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Poor quality, had to return only downside of returning is Amazon refund on postage which didn't cover cost, poor quality creaked and groaned from the first build I expected far better from a known make like York but this machine failed on all counts

1.0 out of 5 stars An accident waiting to happen, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Do not buy this cross trainer, I bought mine 6 months ago. Thought build quality was poor to start with and I should have sent it back straight away but didn't... It's like the base feet aren't wide enough to support the machine so it constantly rocks about, especially if your wanting to do a high intense workout. Before every workout we have been having to tighten up all of the nuts and bolts they just keep coming loose - quite dangerous really. The first couple of goes it ran smooth and silent, it then started squeaking a bit and quickly progressed to a intermittent high pitched screech which is a real killer half way through a workout. Now to top it all the thing has buckled and collapsed when my 62 year old father was having a go - he weighs about 13 stone! The main metal pole has snapped at the base, luckily he wasn't hurt... I bought this cross trainer based on the good reviews on this site, since I got mine all the reviews seem to be poor - maybe they have got a load of faulty ones and thats why they are always "half price". I hope this review helps stop someone making the same mistake I made.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›