5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a beginner
After a false start with the first bike I ordered (virtually the last piece to put together was out of sync with the rest of the bike unfortunately) I am really pleased with this model.
Published on 18 Mar. 2013 by Travelled Far

3.0 out of 5 stars Bike itself is great, one you've actually got it, and it's actually together..
Amazon's Prime service, which gives you 'guaranteed' next day delivery (they should really look up the definition of that word) failed again. Waited in; no bike.

Cancelled the order, and reordered for a different day, and it actually arrived. Great!

I spent about 45mins putting it together (fairly simple), but when it came to attach the handlebars,...
Published 18 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a beginner, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
As somebody who is starting exercising from scratch I find it really comfortable, with its wide, well-padded seat, the console easy to set up and understand and am relishing the challenge I set myself every week. It's a silent, smooth, ride and leads me to believe that I can do a 'proper' bike ride within a very short time. Thoroughly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
I do not enjoy exercising however it is not a chore to spend a set period on the cycle. I was concerned as I am 1.95 m tall and thought the machine would be too small and uncomfortable . I was wrong on both points. Both my wife and I use the macnine on a regular basis and are already benefiting from it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great once you get used to a change!, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
I got this bike for the name and the higher quality look of it (I hate those clunky looking grey/white things). The Delivery for the item was super. I paid a little extra for next day but was totally worth it. Was sent an email saying it would arrive between 8:41 and 9:41 and it arrived bang on 8:41!
The bike is packaged very well, everything in the box is covered in protective wrap (lots of stuff to despose of though). Included is a sort of tool kit you use to put the bike together. Its all sealed in separate plastic compartments that are labelled, so there's no sorting out of parts and tools.
The instuctions could be a little clearer but as long as you take some time to properly look at the diagrams provided (and look closely) then you should have no problem! I put this bike together in about 40minutes with no problems. I did it all myself and didnt need any help as some people have stated. The only breath holding moment I had was putting the handle bars on and i squashed some of the wires. They are easily trapped and a bit delicate so it needs some care to be taken.
The seat is much comfier than most bike seats I've encountered so far. It does get a little sore after vigourous or long rides and you can certainly feel it the next day. A gel seat cover could sort this out though if you're having major problems. I did have to raise the seat to almost the max level, I am 5ft8 so i wouldnt recommend it for anyone much taller. The bottle holder is on the front of the machine which i found odd but its not too difficult to reach. The pedals feel comfortable but I did keep catching my inner ankles on the pedal arms. I am used to the professional bikes in spinning class at the gym where there is usually more room for your ankles. It took a bit of practice and time to get used to turning my feet out a different way but now its fine. There is a noticeable difference between each gear available which is nice. You cant really do much in the way of standing position cycling on this as the pedals go a bit jerky. But wack it in to top gear and it is possible with some practice and care. The bike itself is very stable with minimal to no wobble
The digital screen remains in standby and can not be turned off when not in use (unless you remove the batteries). I can imagine this draining batteries quite fast. The distance measurement and time both seem relatively accurate. The pulse meter and calorie counter are way out though. If you get readings of around 500 calories I would take a couple of hundred off that. This seems to be the norm for all non professional bikes though to be honest.
All in all I love the bike. Are all the readings accurate? No. Is it as good as the bikes at the gym? No. But it is by far the best piece of home exercise equipment ive bought or even tried, once i got used to a new riding style. Its stable, it does the job, it looks good and I get a decent workout in the comfort of my own home. Oh and it is also very compact and easy to store!

5.0 out of 5 stars York Fitness 110 Exercise bike review!, 14 Dec. 2014
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
Construction wise York Fitness don't skimp on the materials they use in their equipment and this is no exception. We have a home gym and a few weeks ago decided to get an exercise bike to go along side our treadmill, rowing machine and vibration training plate.

The legs that the machine sit on are very sturdy and are made from metal with heavy duty rubber pads at the corners to stop it sliding around if on tile flooring, at the same time there are wheels in the front bar so it can be moved quite easily without lifting (the machine is very heavy). The seat position can be adjusted to any number of positions so virtually anyone of any height can use fit. There are 8 settings which determine the resistance on the pedals, this can be operated from the dial half way down the main post, Setting 1 literally offers no resistance, while 8 provides the feeling that you are cycling up a steep hill.

Everything can be monitored from the screen which showcases all the information you may want including; distance, time, rpm, amount of calories you have burnt and if you place your hands on the metal pads on the handle bars then it gives you your heart-rate in beats per minute (which i have to say is very accurate). Now the screen requires 2 AA batteries in the back to work but they do last a few months. Just to clarify for those wondering... the machine does not use batteries, it's magnet based, only the screen is battery operated!!

Other things worth noting are that the seat size and padding is excellent and is identical to what you would expect on a high quality bike, also the pedals are high quality and have a loop which can be adjusted so as to keep your feet secure.

Overall very impressed with the quality and usability with a big range of resistance on offer between settings 1-8. Considering you can spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds on these machines i honestly wouldn't look further, the quality is top notch and if you look after it, it should last a very long time. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Exercise Bike - Great Results, 29 Jun. 2014
D. Stafford - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
I bought this bike in February 2014 and have waited until now until posting a review, really because I wanted base my opinion on how it performed over a reasonable period of time.

Delivery was quick and I found the assembly very straightforward. The bike was bought after I was advised I needed to lose some weight and move to a more healthy lifestyle. I followed the guidance in the instructions, opting to do a 30 minutes workout, pretty much everyday, and see how far I could go. The resistance was initially set fairly low, but as time has gone on it has been upped to just below the maximum. I have also been careful to eat sensibly - but I hasten to add I've not starved myself - just cut back on cakes, crisps, snacks etc. - but still occasionally treat myself

The results of all those 30 minutes? Since I've had the bike I've doubled the distance I can cover and have lost over 3 and a half stones or 22KG. It has also motivated me to get out and buy a road bike, which I now use in conjunction with the York Active 110. When the weather is bad I just hop on the exercise bike for 30 minutes and it gives me a tough, but low impact workout. The trip computer is more than adequate for the level I'm at, although it is hungry for batteries, probably due to the constant use. The handle bar does also squeak a bit when I'm getting into a rhythm, but to be honest with you I can't hear it with my iPod on.

For the price you'd be hard pressed to find better - plus I have been so impressed with the results - and feel so much healthier for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars York 110 exercise Bike, 26 Feb. 2013
Blair 49 (Solihull England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
Firstly I will start by saying this exercise bike is very well made. It came quickly as usual from Amazon and it was assembled in under an hour, the instructions were clear, the packaging was good, and all the tools you needed to put it all together were thoughtfully included. It is attractive as these things go and doesn't take up much room either.

It is quiet in operation with quite a range of resistances to suit you, my wife likes to 'spin' whereas I prefer a fair amount of resistance to pedal against. There is a good range of adjustment and suits perfectly both my wife who is 5' in her stocking feet and myself a 6 footer.

I would have given it 5 stars except for 2 things, firstly the seat is not very yielding and somewhat uncomfortable after 10 minutes of use. That of course is easily rectified and courtesy of Amazon 48 hours later I had a new and very comfortable cycle seat to replace the original.

The second point concerns the computer display and sensor information (ie. pulse reading). In short I found it impossible to get to grips with and so basically I ignore it. For example after a hard 30 minute workout it shows I have used up approxiately 2 calories and gone about 100 metres. My pulse also shows zero which worries me because although I usually feel like death after using the bike I can still feel my heart pounding wildly in my chest !

So in conclusion if you are looking for a well made bike that offers just a little bit extra over the entry level ones, this York exercise bike comes highly recommended.

Edit. I have since discovered that I had the 2 sensor leads plugged in the wrong way round and having swapped them I can see my pulse rate, speed, distance covered, and calories burned etc., consequently I have changed the review rating to 5 stars !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 9 Feb. 2014
balbs (Reading UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
At £100 I wouldnt blame anyone for thinking that its not a serious piece of kit at all, but I had previously bought a York fitness bench wihich I thought was good value for money so was confident I might have the same experience and I wasnt proved wrong. Delivery was quick and well packaged - you mght need two people if you are going upstairs so my advice is unpack and check everything downstairs first, then take the parts to where you assemble. BTW Im the sort of person who cuts a piece of wood in half and ends up in three bits so if I could put this thing together so can you.

Dont be put off by the thought of assembly (even if York amusingly can't spell it correctly at one point in the manual!). They put all the washers, nuts and bolts in a blister pack, one washer type didnt quite match up with the drawings but it was easy to work out what that issue was. Read the manual through a couple of times and also look at the exploded drawing in the manual of the whole thing as that can help. You dont really need two people either, although it would be useful to have something like a shoe box just to elelevate the whole thing slighty when fitting the bottom leg supports (and note which way round they go on the wheel side - doh!). The only fiddly bit is when you attach the handlebars - theres a piece of trim which I found packaged up with the water bottle and didnt realise it was there until too late and had to reassemble that part. Two people at this point would also be useful as its a bit fiddly holding up the handlebars and trying to put the bolt and washers on.

Update

So been using for a couple of weeks now and even more impressed... I remember buying an exercise bike years ago and being frustrated by the jerky nature of the thing, not with this model - of course its not like a gym type chain driven bike but its smooth - unlike other reviewers Ive found the display pretty easy to use, the timer I find invaluable, and the heartrate monitor is pretty accurate (Ive checked against another type) - this unit is also very quiet which means you can get on with a bit of exercise in the morning without waking up half the street. I suggest that after a couple of weeks you check out all the screws and bolts as they are bound to work a little loose.

However minor points - York certainly hit the price/quality ratio on the button - perhaps the NHS would consider subsidising these instead of handing out tablets..

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
I have looked for an excercise bike for a few weeks before I've decided to get one. As I was previously doing spining classes I'm quite fussy about the equipment. I was looking for a bike with different tension, it was important for bike to be stable as I am also cycling in standing position, it has to be small enough to fit in my bedroom as I stay in the flat.
Mixed revews on this one I've read, but I have decided to get it mainly because of it price. It's I think the cheapest on the market for this kind of bike. I'm not dissapointed at all. It was easy enough to put all the parts together. There was no problems with connecting the monitor as I've seen people been complaining before. Monitor works really well, it showes clearly your current speed, burned calories, heart beat etc.
Bike has nice shape and is quite small, smaller than I was expecting, which is good to keep it in the bedroom. It's quiet, so I can use it and listen to the music when my baby is sleeping. As I'm using it about 5 timeas a week, I found the seat a little bit hard so that's the only thing I could really complain about. But at the end of the day it is a bike not a sofa seat, so I wasn't expecting a luxury.
I'm really happy with the purchase, good value for money. Everything works well, not had a probem with it at all. I'm giving it 5 stars out of 5. Hope this review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 18 Sept. 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Exercise Cycle (Sports)
After looking for a reasonably priced exercise bike I finally decided on this one due to the other positive reviews. Some of the things I would have found helpful to know :

- This bike is very very quiet

After using an elliptical machine I was surprised at how quiet it is to use, it's easy to watch something on TV without the sound of the bike drowning it out

- The resistance is good

I was afraid this would not provide a great workout but even when it's on the 2nd highest resistance level it's enough to get my heart rate up

- Most of the low scores are due to issues with the assembly or parts arriving broken

The build quality of the bike is pretty solid and it was easy to assemble

I haven't had the bike for very long so I cannot comment on the lifespan but I have had no issues so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one; here's why..., 2 April 2013
A. Mutimer "amutimer" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
Guys,

Build quality; excellent, and I am someone that can be very critical in this area. It really is good.

Functionality: Display is simple to use and understand. The resistance (which has grades) is quite enough for ordinary people. It won't be enough for serious athletes.

Comfort: Saddle height, horizontal translation and angle are all adjustable. The saddle itself is WIDE and it is comfortable (unlike some - look around). Handle bars are well judged.

In operation: It is not silent as some have said, but it is quiet. FAR quieter than the friction-based mechanisms you may have used in the past. The bike is totally solid, does not flex or waver when you peddle. You will feel safe.

Resale: This is more important than you think. Many, many enthusiasts give up, and you may be one of them. If you do, the York name will make it sell *far better* than some no-name brand. So, you pay perhaps £35 more than you absolutely had to, and for this you get a *significantly* better bike to use while you keep it...and then you very easily get £35+ more than you would have done on resale... It's a no-brainer.

Guys, this is the bike to buy.

Now, stop procrastinating, buy the thing and get riding! You flabby git!

York Active 110 Exercise Cycle