4.0 out of 5 stars e/cellent product
I bought this treadmill for my daughter, since the old one died. She tells me this is an excellent buy. The only reason she gave it four stars instead of five is because of the buttons for speed on the handle bars, which at times are in the way.
Published 23 months ago by mrs hermien turner-cain

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared of the Maintenance
So i bought this for my home gym after searching the internet for the best Treadmill, whilst sticking to a rather low budget. I didn't want to go any cheaper as the cheaper ones seemed very flimsy, this one is durable and strong but I've had numerous issues with this machine which would have probably put me off buying it before. This was mainly down to the following:...
Published 15 months ago by Nickh123

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared of the Maintenance, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)

1. Maintaining the machine, you are told to regularly apply lubricant to the machine, yet the instructions are so poor I had to check youtube for a guide.

2. Once it had been lubricated I realised that the running belt wasn't aligning properly and kept slipping to one side, so again I had to youtube the issue. I found out it was down to one side being tighter than the other, so losen or tighten one of the sides to balance it, sounds easy right? Well after about 10 attempts and an hour spent I eventually got the belt re-aligned and working.

3. However my problem wasn't solved still as I began running on the machine and it was making a funny noise, the only advice I could get was to apply more lubricant, which of course meant going through stages 1 and 2 again.

4. This was all before I'd even had a proper run on the machine which was frustrating to say the least.

5. Also this machine is pretty big, I have my own dedicated gym so space isn't so much an issue but for a standard house I think this would take up a lot of room and space may be an issue.

Overall I suppose I should have researched more before investing in this machine but If you do decide to go for it then read up online on how to look after your machine because for me the maintaining of this machine wasn't easy nor user friendly.

4.0 out of 5 stars e/cellent product, 24 May 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)
Really good treadmill, comfortable to both run and walk on, easy to use and am overall really happy with the purchase, just a shame it doesn't have an incline

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking machine, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)
Arrived when it said it would. Was very easy to assemble (with the help of a strong man) but works perfectly. Is a little loud, but we are doing fine! It folds up easily enough also to create space when needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and cheaper than the gym, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)
I'm very pleased with this treadmill. It's a heavy, well made, substantial piece of kit which took about an hour to put together, single handed, and is now getting regular use. It's going to save me a fortune in gym fees (together with the York cross trainer/bike) and it feels like it should last. For the price this was a no brainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)
A very substantial treadmill feels it should have been more expensive. I only do the basics, but it has many features for the more advanced.

Very pleased with it so far

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of research but made the best decision., 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)
Only just put it together. Its incredibly sturdy, there is nothing flimsy or fragile about this treadmill. This is the 3rd one I have had (second York) in about 12 years and I am more than satisfied, it is a lot of machine for your money. Used it twice so far, has all the features one would only really expect from a treadmill costing considerably more than this, so I am happy and would recommend. It's quiet too which is always important. Beware though, this is a heavy item. We had to get it upstairs and it took 3 people all of who collapsed in a heap afterwards! The manual tells you to check it's adequately oiled, and I did check but it wasn't, no problem though, a pot of oil is provided. This, I must admit, was fiddly, trying to push my hand under the bottom of the belt, but no big deal really in the grand scheme of things. Easy to put together too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build quality, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)
Excellent build quality. Easy to assemble and to use. Used primarily by elderly couple, so don't get above 6kpm (although I did think they were mph!). But also used by the grandchildren, one a gymnast and the other a footballer and they use the higher speeds.
It is a pity that you cannot record your own programmes and there is no explanation of what each programme is designed for in the manual; and they appear a bit random. But I still give it 5 stars.
Given the other reviews, I found it easier to assemble, move, lubricate and adjust than expected; and I also found it quieter than I expected. Very pleased with the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall Good Treadmil, 30 July 2013
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)
Works better then other products of similar range but not a heavy use equipment. Consumes lot of power, Very Heavy 65 Kg.
Not an easy to assemble it and fold it and chances of getting hurt while assembling which happened in my case. Poor instructions, expensive engineer call out in case of breakdown.
Overall I would give 7 out of 10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Treadmill, can't really fault it, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: York Active 110 Treadmill (Sports)
Fantastic Treadmill, can't really fault it.. But I never give five stars as there is always room for improvement:)
Very neat for the smaller home.
Take note... Have two people to hand when it arrives as obviously very heavy!

York Active 110 Treadmill