5.0 out of 5 stars Great little table!
This is a great little table. I bought it for my daughters room to replace a large bulky desk and it is perfect. I was worried that because it was such a good price it might be flimsy but not at all. It is really well made and sturdy. It was very easy to assemble, took me about 15 mins. Looks great, would recommend it to anyone. A good buy!
Published on 17 Sept. 2012 by Zfletcher

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful
I bought this computer desk because it was cheap. Having just assembled it, I can say that it is very straight forward to assemble. It comes with all of the neccessary parts (although some of the parts (2 screws) had manufacturing flaws so I had to use the spare replacement parts that are also provided in the box and are labelled "spare parts")
Aesthetically the...
Published on 4 July 2012 by dug

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little table!, 17 Sept. 2012
This review is from: VonHaus Glass Computer Desk / Workstation with Toughened Black Tempered Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer desk, 28 Feb. 2013
Best value on the Internet. Assembly very easy and accurately made, fitted the space in a small bedroom perfectly as planned

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 27 Feb. 2013
This computer table is stylish, compact and excellent value for money, I would highly recommend it, particularly if your short on space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little desk, 30 Aug. 2012
DM Sparrow (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this desk due to needing something not too big for my room, and this one does just that.

It comes unassembled, and the instructions are easy to follow, and it was put up within 20 minutes by myself, so is easy for one person to assemble.

It's a good size, has a pull out shelf for your keyboard, and so your mouse will only be usable on the main part of the desk, but as thats not very far from the pull out shelf then thats ok.

I've found it to be of sturdy construction, although be aware that on the pull out shelf there are two plastic covers to prevent you hurting yourself on the metal, they do sometimes come off, so I have superglued them on, this doesn't really detract from how good the desk is though, hence I give it five stars.

Well worth buying, and looks good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 4 Mar. 2013
super item for the money. Excellent communication with Designer Habitat when product got lost. Received another the next day without any problems, Thankyou

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 4 July 2012
Aesthetically the black glass surfaces are quite attractive. It states to not sit on (duh), or place very hot/cold drinks directly on the surface, which is not a problem for me.
The keyboard holding shelf is mobile due to two greased surfaces sliding over one another as opposed to having rolling wheels (cheap and cheerful). This may prove to be an issue with long term use but works fine for now.
All in all I'm sure this desk will work fine!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, not bad., 23 Oct. 2013
Firstly the product was ordered using Express Delivery. It arrived two days later in the following condition;
One of the railings for the keyboard tray was hanging on a single screw, it took agility, a magnetic screwdriver and a hunt around for the screw that had fallen out during transit.
The screws for attaching the "lips" that hold the keyboard tray were too short.
The actual glass desk had a white scorch/shatter mark in the bottom left hand corner.

I contacted Designer Habitat immediately, this was about 4pm on Friday. They replied with the suggestion of a replacement or a refund. I choose the collection and replacement option, but I did ask them to guarantee the replacement would be fit for purpose, with regards to the screws as much as the marked glass. They never addressed this request in their reply and I chose to let it go.
On the Friday just after 5pm they told me that they were arranging a delivery and collection for me and requested that I didnt put up any review on Amazon until they had had a chance to fix the problems.

I then heard nothing until Monday when I contacted them at 3.30pm, their reply began "As explained to you" and then restated what they said on the Friday, that at some point a redelivery would be arranged.
5 minutes after their email I received a new email telling me it would be delivered the following day and if I clicked on the link I would be taken to a tracking service to see where my order was now. When I clicked on the link it simply stated "We have received your product details and are awaiting collection of product FOR delivery"
It appears to me that they had only remembered to arrange this collection and delivery when I emailed them myself, so starting their reply with "As explained to you" after waiting 3 days to hear from them, was even more insulting now.

They stated in their next email it would arrive the following day and yet all day the tracking site still had the same message about awaiting the product for delivery. I emailed them again at 3.30pm on the day they had said my replacement would have of arrived, they replied saying it will take up to 48 hours to find out what was going on.
I received an email at 9.50 am the next day to tell me my product would arrive before noon that day, which it did.

On assembly once again the screws required for attaching the "lips" that hold the keyboard tray were far too short. As I use a desktop PC anyway its not that important, but the problem with the mouse is a nuisance and for the first time in 10 years I will have to get a mouse mat again, for which their isnt enough room on the desk to fit once the 19" laptop is sitting there.

I cant be bothered to contact the company again, but I must state that along with the simple thing about the mouse not working on the surface, the keyboard tray itself is very heavy and the screws that hold it in should be at least another 5mm long, its dangerous if the idea is to only have 1 or 2 mm depth screwing into the railings, the tray falling on a childs head, or a pet could cause serious pain.
Futhermore the covers for the railings fell out repeatedly as I tried to fit the four lips to the railings, suggesting the edges of the keyboard tray arent safe either.

Both the length of the screws and the railing covers are mentioned in various reviews going back to last year and yet nothing has been done about these issues.
There was also the mention of "spare parts" being supplied in the box, but I never received this in either box, overall I am as disappointed in the product as I am with the company who have never suggested refunding my Express delivery payment, didnt want to know about checking the replacement before sending it out and made a mess of delivering the replacement.

Ive also had problems with the wireless mouse on the Glass surface, its a microsoft 4000 Bluetrack mouse, that seems to work intermitantly on the glass surface.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy Glass, 30 Oct. 2013
This is a great looking piece of kit, easy to put together as long as you don't tighten any screws fully until assembled.If I had to fault it in any way it would be that if you want it for a Desktop there is not much room underneath for a tower, owing to the sloping back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend goods and company., 13 Mar. 2013
Excellent value. Arrived within one day. Very easy to assemble and good quality materials. Exactly as described. Definitely five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, you can fit a full keyboard with separate keypad on the sliding shelf!, 13 Jan. 2015
Great desk at a great price. I know a lot of people reading will have concerns about the keyboard. I have a full size keyboard with a number pad on the right hand end too, and yes it does fit on the slide out shelf and slide in and away with it on it. There is no room for the mouse, this does have to go on to the top shelf, which ideally would like on the same shelf as the keyboard, but I needed to fill a certain small space so that was never going to happen.

It does look nice too. It was easy to put together but I did have to get a little creative as some of the screw holes didn't line up the best, but loosening a few others and giving some bits a gentle squeeze together I soon got it together.

Cheap and cheerful, looks nicer than the price tag for sure. I've had it about 2 months now and so far completely happy. I've only knocked off 1 star for the fact the build wasn't perfect.