5.0 out of 5 stars Creates volume quickly and with little fuss.
This product heats up quickly, which meant that I was able to start using it almost straight away.

The cord handily swivels independently of the main device, so that it does not get twisted-up.

Published 23 months ago by E. E. Hughes

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD IDEA - NEEDS CHANGES!!
Published 7 months ago by cariad

5.0 out of 5 stars Creates volume quickly and with little fuss., 21 July 2012
E. E. Hughes (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington CB65A45 Keratin Therapy Pro Volume Styler (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I also found the curl release mechanism really useful. Instead of forcing you to twist the appliance round and round to release your hair, you press a button that makes the bristle section free moving and all you need to do is pull away.

The booklet, although colourless and lacking in inspiration, is straight forward and easy to follow. I would have preferred a nice full colour booklet with style ideas littering the pages, but I am still happy with the clear instructions provided on how to achieve volume or curls.

I have no idea if their 'advanced ceramic coated barrel infused with Keratin micro conditioners' helps keep my hair healthy, but their insistence that it does has been somehow reassuring.

Overall this is a fuss free product that allows you to style your hair in a short space of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 4 May 2013
Have dry VERY curly hair but hated the limp lettuce look I got with straighteners! This product gives me lovely straight hair with volume and bounce. Great! Only minor niggle is that is very easy to switch off while using but careful manouvering helps with this. Highly recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD IDEA - NEEDS CHANGES!!, 3 Dec 2013
I normally use large velcro rollers to give my quite elderly fairly fine shoulder length hair some sort of style and volume but wanted something to take on holiday for quickness and also not to be seen walking around like an alien while the rollers work! Thought this sounded just the job but after initially thinking it was OK I decided for the following reasons to return it.
It is relatively heavy and made my shoulder ache as you obviously have to hold it in place for each 'roll' and after about 5 minutes this became a problem for me as I have arthritus in my neck.
One really bad feature is where the on/off/heat control swith is situated, right in the middle of the handle! This can very easily accidently be switched off and this happened to me a few times, the first time I forgot that I had read this in previous reviews and wondered why it was cooling down!
The 'keratin' was not good for my hair as although it felt and looked healthy and shiny it defeated the object for me of creating volume as it just left my hair flat, especially at the roots and fringe areas where I most need it, also my hair became quickly greasy so I was reaching for the dry shampoo a lot sooner than I normally would.
If you want sleek, smooth hair then this might do for you but for curls and volume I would not recommend it and they do need to sort out the weight and switch situation!

4.0 out of 5 stars High claims, but a good choice too for longer hair., 6 Aug 2012
A. I. McCulloch "Andrea" (Co Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Remington claim that this hot brush contains keratin which will transfer to the hair during use; you don't have to be a scientific genius to work out that such a supply must be limited and that it could not possibly do this indefinitely. Putting aside this claim, this is a top quality hot brush.

It's not a hot-air brush, but a simple heated styling brush - these have been around since the Seventies and really there isn't much else that can be done to improve them.

If you have hair that is shorter than shoulder length or near shoulder length, this isn't the brush for you. It has a big 4.5 centimetre barrel (nearly two inches) and a smaller diameter brush would be more suitable. It's such a shame that this wasn't provided as well.

In use, the brush heats up extremely quickly, has two heat settings, an 'on' indicator light and a very useful auto-shut off feature, which kicks in after 60 minutes.
One helpful feature is a cool safety tip that enables you to hold the brush without burning yourself - the brush does get very hot, even on its coolest setting.
The auto shut off feature is what probably makes this worth paying a bit extra for, along with a good long cord that has a swivel to prevent those annoying twists. Not five stars, as an interchangeable smaller diameter brush would have made this a far more useful product, but a very good four.

1.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend anyone with shoulder length hair (or longeer) to purchase this item!, 15 Sep 2013
I have tried to use this product three times now, and on all occasions my hair has been tangled in the teeth of the styler - not only do you lose hair because of this (quite painful) but it takes so much longer to get ready....I have used a number of similar products for around 10 years and never experienced this issue; my current styler is on its last legs but does not knot/tangle my hair - I have no idea why this one is so bad and feel I have wasted my money as it isn't fit for purpose - any ideas Amazon?

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than straighteners., 8 Jan 2014
Mrs. Rita Smith (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
I thought I would try this as I am growing my hair and it finishes off my style beautifully. I've only given 4 star because on two occasions I burnt my fingers on it so be very careful when handling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tested for the Amazon Vine program., 30 July 2012
R. Moore "Ros Moore" (Wellingborough England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Remington CB65A45 Keratin Therapy Pro Volume Styler (Personal Care)
I tested this product for the Amazon Vine. As a retired hairstylist, of 45 years I feel very qualified to give an opinion on the above product.
I couldn't use it on my hair as it is far too short! so I tried the styler out on 3 different friends all with differing hair lengths and hair type ie tinted, bleached and natural.
I found the styler very heavy and rather awkward to use, especially if you are using it on your own hair, my long haired friend found it very difficult to use for this reason, as she found her arm really ached after about 6-8 minutes. So I took over, her hair by the way is highlighted and lowlighted and is quite fine. The styler also gets very hot, so you have to be careful not to burn yourself, the anti tangle button is a good idea for very long hair as it does release the hair very quickly but again can be difficult for some one to use themselves if their is very long.. According to the book, this is a styler for Medium to long hair, and would give body and bounce, yes it did just this for my friends hair, it looked really good for the time it took to have a cuppa and a sandwich, after lunch her hair looked just as if she hadn't had it done, very disappointing.
The second lady has medium length hair, just above the shoulder and has some layering, her hair is very strong, coarse and "difficult", so her hair was ideal for this test, her hair is not coloured or highlighted. I found it much easier to use the styler on shorter hair, though to get her hair to hold a curl was a nightmare! It took twice as long to get any result at all, but in the end, yes! we actually did get a good bounce but no wave or curl to speak of, but good "body", the report the next day from her was that the longer lower hair had not held any bounce at all, but the shorter hair around the crown area had.
My last friend has longish hair on the crown and side, and is cut very short into the nape, she has hair coloured with a flaming red tint, she also has a natural wave and usually uses a straightener. She was very interested to see what difference the "Keratin" would make to her hair. This was the best result of all, her hair was bouncy when I had finished, it looked great was smooth and shiny, and she rang me the next day to say it was still fine.
Sadly I cannot give the Remington CB65A45 Keratin Therapy Pro Volume Styler (Personal Care) 5 stars, It is not really suitable for long hair, as the hair is too heavy and the "bounce" doesn't last, plus the styler really is very heavy to cope with on long hair, it does not really work well at all on coarse strong hair, it takes ages to get any result and then only half of the style lasts! Best use is for hair that is just below the ear and longish on the crown. It is very heavy to use,but has a good anti tangle button, which can be difficult to use if you are doing your own long hair.If you are not careful you could get a burn, as the styling brush get really very hot indeed. As for the Keratin Therapy, our hair (and nails) are made of Keratin, I would love to know how they get hair and nails onto a styler..perhaps they grind them up and...the mind boggles !
Ros.

5.0 out of 5 stars brush, 5 Aug 2013
Brilliant brush, i have very long hair and i find the brush works brilliantly. It does not tangle in your hair and keeps the hair nice and free.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 15 Jun 2013
i can not imagine my life without this styler. i just love it ! it is amazing ! very easy to use!

4.0 out of 5 stars Remington CB65A45 Keratin Therapy Pro Volume Styler, 15 Jun 2013
C. Baker "carouk" (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
Quality styler which smooths out frizz and kinks. The Keratin must help with this but I shall be happy when it is not so efficient as tends to make my hair a little lank - need to go easy on the conditioner when using this product. My hair is shoulder length and wavy - easy to curl - but this styler is for longer hair really. It is ok for me as I am not wanting it to curl! Had difficulty registering for warranty - website did not work. Contacted company who sent me a link to fill in - this didn't work either. Having seen details required I emailed again and requested they complete it for me - which they did! More of a technical computer glitch actually.