TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 August 2013
I have been buying Lonely Planet books for some time now and have found them useful around the world. I bought this for an intended trip to Cambodia, put back now. The first thing to note is that the format has changed. Lots more maps, some additional sections which I will go through later and the removal of glossy colour plates. This last change makes it feel more like a Rough Guide than a Lonely Planet one at times.

The guide is split as normal into geographical sections with a healthily large one on Angkor Wat. The front section is a real improvement on the normal introductory blurb. It contains a region by region guide over two pages, several suggested itineraries a month by month guide to events and suggested activities. At the back is the guide to the country and this includes a very useful guide to border crossings.

Overall its a solid guide, the information looks good and there seems to be more detail here than I have found with some other LP guides. I am looking forward to putting it to the test and then I might just update this review and award that final star.
on 8 January 2013
I have a number of these guides and over the years they have improved. The "New Look" guide has improved maps and illustrations. A number of additions such as suggested itineraries and key information are good.
on 1 April 2013
I have bought many Lonely Planet print books and several of their ebooks. I am quite a fan of their print books many of which I have enjoyed reading even without any real prospect of visiting the country in question in the near future. Their ebooks on the other hand, have all been highly disappointing. Their city guides are almost useless. Their country guides, containing as they do most of the same text as the books, are rather better, but navigating around the book is awkward and confusing, way worse than using the print book (of which I have an older edition of this guide). Maps are another weak point, too small when unexpanded, blurry when enlarged, and just difficult to locate anything on.
Lonely Planet has failed to make technology work for them. The day has not yet arrived when you could leave the heavy lonely planet print book at home and take with you a light weight kindle or iPad mini instead.
I would give 4 stars for the text in this ebook, and 2 stars for the format.
on 25 September 2013
We are looking at making a trip to Cambodia next year and bought this book to find out more on the area which interested us the most Angkor Wat & Siem Reap , great information , a lot to read , but very useful guide , does cover far more than we need but is a well trusted Travel Guide
on 12 December 2012
Did not read all chapters but just the ones relevant to me. Overall useful with good advise. Small in size and easy to carry around.
on 22 September 2013
Having been a lonely planet fan for many years, I bought this before visiting Cambodia this summer to update the 2003 version when I never made it to the country. I was disappointed with the new format, preferring the old one. Having said that, the information was relevant and the book was useful.
on 7 December 2012
NO INDEX. DIFFICULT TO MOVE ABOUT THE E-BOOK. ROUGH GUIDE BOOKS ON OTHER COUNTRIES EASIER TO NAVIGATE (ALTHOUGH THEY ALSO DON'T HAVE AN INDEX). RESOLUTION OF MAPS VERY POOR - COULD NOT ZOOM THEM MUCH BEFORE UNREADABLE!
on 9 April 2013
The kindle edition is far less user friendly than I expected. It is fiddly to move between chapters, maps are less useful. I have used it on my iPhone and kindle and would go back to books. Some info is out of date already - you don't need photos for your visa at the Vietnam Cambodia border nor for your 3 day pass at Angkor- they take your photo. CRD in Kratie have moved... The list goes on. A bit leg down as found them very helpful on Vietnam.
on 19 February 2014
Book proved invaluable. Good information and presentation of chapters. Will definitely accompany us on our travel to. Vietnam and Cambodia.
on 2 October 2013
Good guide informative but not much known about this country as is known about it,s neighbour Thailand, still a useful guide