on 1 March 2015
I'd've been looking for a way to play some old school games on PS2, but I've only got one TV which is used most of the time and I was looking for a way connect my PS2 with my laptop. I found a tutorial on YouTube which recommended one of the similar devices. I decided to go for this one as it was reasonably priced and dispatched from the UK. I ordered it on a Sunday and item was delivered on Tuesday. Item came in original packing with all the software and instruction attached. Everything easy to use and install. Now, I'm enjoying my favourite games:)
on 7 April 2015
 Bought this hoping to digitise some VHS tapes I have lying around. Easily one of the most frustrating pieces of technology I've had the displeasure of dealing with. The software accompanying the device is extremely basic but even while using other programs, the device seems to have a mind of its own. It will choose whether it wants to work or not, usually spitting out garbled images if anything at all. Manufacturer couldn't be less helpful if they tried. Do yourself a favour and pick something else.
on 17 November 2015
Received ahead of estimated delivery date, had a small problem with the supplied software, but after contacting Augustus.com this was very quickly remedied by their friendly staff.
This piece of inexpensive kit has proved invaluable in respect of rescuing old and irreplaceable camcorder footage which allows me to capture, convert and then transfer to various other forms of media.
I am fully aware that is not the best in the world, but for anyone wanting a simple conversion method for their film footage, then look no further.
on 8 July 2015
Delivered quickly. Product proved to be easier to use than I expected, capturing output from my old video camera. Although I had difficulty playing the captured files at first, the enclosed software let me convert these to .avi files which work fine (and from which I've been able to post to Facebook). The quality seems ok - particularly as the analog video was never great in the first place.
The enclosed software is basic, but ok to start with.
Given the low price this really turned out to be a bit of a bargain.
on 1 December 2012
Perfect with RGB but I couldn't get the S connection to work as well. Could be a little tighter in the USB connection given the weight of the device.
on 18 February 2016
I was a little sceptical about this Capture card and if it would actually work.
A few weeks of use and quite a few uses and I can guarantee this is fantastic.
Iv used it to transfer Camcorder videos onto my laptop and also to transfer videos from my mini portable DVR to the laptop also.
Video quality after transfer is top notch and no noticeable loss of picture (unless your a videographer who can spot minor losses)
I would highly recommend this and actually wish I had purchased it a long time ago.
on 14 July 2013
In my opinion this is the best capture card!
Its exactly How I wanted it
And I just want to thanks to the producers of this
Product!
on 6 November 2015
I needed to transfer some video recordings form DV tape to my hard drive for viewing and editing. The VGB100 was exactly what I wanted and was quick and easy to set up and operate. I did use the ShowBiz software included with the device and this did a good job of transferring the files to MPEG2 and saving them to my hard drive. The software did crash a couple of times but appeared to work well on my Widows 10 machine. I have not yet tried its editing capabilities. So, all in all, good kit at a good price.
on 30 November 2015
Not a bad piece of kit. There are many workarounds to get the most out of this.

Firstly, if you want to transfer from a VCR player you will need a SCART adapter with the In/Out switch.

Secondly, it records to an awful MPEG2 codec - I wanted to do some editing in Adobe Premiere Pro but the lip sync was badly off in some cases so I had to use another piece of software to correct this.

I believe someone said that it records to MPEG4 / H.264 but this was not the case for me.
on 20 June 2014
Purchased as an experiment , worked as promised.
Could be improved with more capture formats.
On the whole a very worthwhile purchse