4.0 out of 5 stars Worked well
After i downloaded Serif free movie software and the correct driver software, (Do not use the drivers that come with the device, they won`t work.) I did a search online and used trial and error before i found the correct one that worked for me. Once i got the correct drivers, the device worked exceptionally well. I am converting old VHS onto usb flash cards for the inlaws...
Published on 20 Aug 2012 by Steve

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do wht it suppsed to
I've downloaded the programme, and on the first attempt to copy a camcorder tape it recorded 17seconds and then locked out.
Published 6 months ago by Derek James Drew

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little device, 18 April 2013
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
Worked straight away with my XP pro PC, haven't tried it with any other software, but the one it comes with works well enough to make basic captures of old tapes, and old TV hard drives.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
I bought this to try to save some old recordings from a sky+ box that is no longer in use. It took some fiddling about to get the right drivers. Live video looks ok but once you start recording the quality drops, with lots of stutters in the recordings. Not sure if this is due to the product or whether my computer is just not powerful enough. Will have to continue searching for another solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars TRANSFERS FOR DUMMIES - SUPERB!, 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
I had a problem getting a signal to transfer from my tape player into the supplied software and had to contact August (via the Amazon email system). The help this technical dummy got from August was fast, friendly and very helpful. Turns out the problem was just a mechanical one and overcome with the correct scart unit - nothing to do with this product.

I'm very pleased to say that I'm now a 100% satisfied customer; the product, delivery, price, service are all perfeck.

Now, just what does the law say about dumping VHS tapes? !!

4.0 out of 5 stars SCART may be the problem., 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
I might have an answer for anyone having issues with this product.

While I was waiting to borrow a VCR I connected my Dad's old camcorder via the red yellow white AV connectors. Everything worked fine,
When I got the VCR connected I couldn't get a picture. The VCR only had SCART connections and had to use an adaptor to connect the AV cables. SCART was the problem for me.

I got hold of another VCR which had the red yellow white sockets and allowed me to connect the AV cables directly. All is working great and have been able to save precious videos of my late Grandad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get it to work with windows 7, 19 Oct 2012
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
I was unable to get this to work with windows 7 with either a laptop or desktop pc. It worked on both for a couple of hours each and then I lost audio on the pc. An error code on the laptop about the device not being available kept popping up. I got a warning when I first switched it on about something which I can't remember, but I should have realised then what was to come. I looked for drivers as mentioned in another review and could only find the one already on the software. I have looked more closely at these kits and although many brands claim in their publicity they will work with windows 7, the forums have lots of consumers who say they won't, not even with vista. Buying a more expensive one won't necessarily guarantee sucess and may be a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, worked perfectly for me, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
I bought this to digitise some old VHS tapes, and it worked perfectly straight out of the box. Having said that, I didn't use the bundled software. Instead I downloaded the latest driver from the August website, then used my own video editing software (Serif Videoplus 6) to capture the video stream. If connecting a VHS tape player, the only additional item you will need is a Scart to RCA adapter. Good price and quick delivery from Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
This works well and transferred our recorded programs from an old HDD to the computer and then to DVD with no real problems. the only downside is a slight loss of picture quality even on the highest quality setting. The product is fairly easy to use although the instructions for editing are non existent. very good value for the price though and as a last resort rescue for otherwise lost programs it is very good indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars set up is very easy. install software and connect using supplied cables, 30 July 2014
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
equipment, hdd recorder with busted dvd writer and a packard bell netbook. set up is very easy. install software and connect using supplied cables. couple of 40 min recordings copied as mpg files. The recording part of the software is quiet straight forward. Have not used any other part of the software but for the price I cant fault this.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, after many frustrating hours and tears!, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
The driver files should come with the VITAL information that they first need to be 'Decompressed/Unzipped' before running them. Once this is done, and is working, the 'Producing' of the DVD is painfully slow, i.e. at 'Geological' time frames!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
This review is from: August VGB100 External Video Editing Card (Electronics)
copied most of my home video's

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›