5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Published 19 months ago by Greg4006

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but cracking Bluetooth connection
Unfortunately Bluetooth connection is cracking no matter what input device I use. Its ok for audio books, but music is just not impossibly crackly. I keep using it with the provided cable and the sound is very good. Battery life is about 10h, which is more than I need.
Published 20 months ago by Smithsonian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 15 July 2013
Greg4006 (south east london) - See all my reviews
This speaker is banging! I'm fussy with sound, this is really good. I haven't done a lot of listening to these portable speakers to be honest because I research most of my products online like most people. But this went down to £20 for a few days and I'm well impressed! Everybody who has heard it is impressed, for it's size it is really loud, and the bass is pretty good. It's got 3 speakers in total, 2 on the sides and one underneath for bass. It comes with a good quality flat cable. When you plug the cable in it instantly turns the speaker on, Which I like. To use Bluetooth you hold the top button down for like 10 seconds till it beeps and the light flashes then you can connect your phone/ device to it...

I use this almost everyday and I have it on 1 down from full volume and the battery lasts bloody ages! Seriously it lasts such a long time! I highly recommend this speaker to anybody, sounds great, battery life is brilliant and it looks nice too!

5.0 out of 5 stars small but loud, 10 May 2013
now beacon is a good brand im new to but was very impressed with how good it is the price that it is at now 21 pounds is massive bargin and easy to hook up to my tablet and phone and comes with a cable to plug in a 3.5m jack so even if you dont have bluetooth still can use this.
the battery life is very good to

5.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile and great quality but quite expensive, 20 Oct. 2012
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Beacon portable Bluetooth speaker

What is it ?
This is a small portable speaker that will connect to any mobile device via Bluetooth or via a supplied mini jack to mini jack lead.
Construction

The unit is well made and looks very modern. It has a built in lithium Ion battery that recharges via a supplied USB cable. The sockets are of excellent quality. The whole unit feels sturdy and well made and measures 8cm high, 8cm wide and 8 cm long approx. The top of the unit has volume up and down controls and on/off and stop. The top surround has an LED to indicate on, charged and pairing.

In use

Pairing it to a Bluetooth device was easy. I managed to get it to find and pair with my iPod in a few seconds. The unit remembers the pairing so you don't need to pair each time. I also got it to pair easily with my Nokia phone. Full instructions are supplied but it's very easy to use and set up. It ran for just over 5 hours on a single charge at about 75% volume. It will also charge and power via a laptops USB connection. It took about 40 minutes to charge from flat.

Sound quality

For the size of the unit it's quite amazing. The sound is clear, focused and quite loud. It is way better than my laptop speakers. It is ideal if you want music while working or just chilling. Don't expect to fill the room with bass as with a unit of this size that would be impossible but it's far better than my laptop speakers and amazing compared to the built in speaker in my nokia phone.

Overall

An easy to use and good quality portable speaker that sounds great. It will always be in my briefcase while travelling now. It is expensive but for the quality of construction and sound it is worth it in my opinion as I will give it a lot of use.

Note
I tried it today with my daughters iPhone and there was conciderable distortion when using Bluetooth or the cable. However, with every other device I have tried it is fine. If you have an iPhone check Beacons site for information before buying as I am sure there is a compatibility issue to be sorted out (however, it is fine with my iPod)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device but can buy a lot cheaper, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Beacon Phoenix Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Black (Electronics)
This speaker is perfect if you dont like the sound from your tablets and smartphones and really easy to set up! for £80 you would maybe expect slightly better sound but if you Google "clas ohlson bluetooth speaker" the same unbranded speaker is on for £24.99 which makes it a must have at that price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and Mighty, 8 July 2014
Very impressive sound quality for its size! Initially I was disappointed but this was because I was streaming a radio app that clearly is lacking in quality itself. Once I played my own music from my phone things got much better and the cable supplied is a nice touch. I'm not saying you could host a house party solely using this speaker, but for what it is it's very good and would easily perform for a smaller gathering or simply playing out music to yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Close, but no cigar......., 20 Jun. 2014
The wee box does what it says the sound quality is good for the size just don't expect sony performance. The Bluetooth is good the connection sequence is quick however the distance between the device and speaker has to be relatively close or you drop out of signal range. If it was better in Bluetooth range it would have been a 5 star.

T

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy!, 26 Feb. 2014
Very powerful and easy to use, good value for money as got it at the reduced price, well worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab speaker, 19 Sept. 2013
4 stars for this amazing little box that makes the most noise! Good quality sound as well, nice range and good base. Once charged it can last me week and i find myself asking "is this battery still going?" fab would recommend it. I use it for my laptop and phone. it does not have the facility to handle calls as it has no microphone but thats not why i brought it so that kool. Good bluetooth range as well and its in my favourite colour. I looked for a speaker for ages and this was worth the search. V happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly loud and clear., 8 Sept. 2013
mackemafc (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I got this to provide an easy way of getting music in the garden and around the house.
The battery life is good, the unit is very loud for its size and whereas audiophiles would not be impressed with the sound quality it's more than good enough for my needs.
It's very easy to pair it with different devices and the controls on the top are easy to use.
If I had one moan it would be that if you stick your phone in your pocket and then walk around your body can block the Bluetooth signal. This may be down to my phone and not the Phoenix but is a quite annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars small speaker, 24 Aug. 2013
Better than it has a right to be. I use it often and it fills a bigger space than you would think.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›