on 8 August 2012
One of the best albums that I have purchased in the last 5 years (of any genre). Incredible lyricism and production, as well as Aesop having one of the most recognisable and enthralling voices in hip hop make this an instant classic in my eyes. I'd need a thesaurus to list all the synonyms of 'awesome' that could describe this album.

My favourite tracks include; Zero Dark Thirty, Ruby '81, Grace, and Gopher Guts.

Do yourself (and aes) a favour and buy this album.
on 8 August 2012
And yeah, even better than killer Mike in my opinion. Production is nothing short of spectacular and sees Aesop Rock confirm himself as one of the best out there. Not a bad track on here, shows Humour and Reflection, sometimes going a little dark, sometimes obscurely funny. Top work, would recommend this whole heartedly.
on 29 July 2012
Maybe I was wrong in thinking this way, but I used to assume producers weren't good at rapping, and rappers weren't good at producing. For instance, The Alchemist is clearly skilled at making music, but his rapping is dreadful (no offense). Needless to say, Aesop Rock is truly gifted at both. I've been a fan of Aesop's for many many years, ever since my brother introduced me to him when I was 10 years old (I'm 19 now). His lyricism, his style, everything he represents amazes me. With Skelethon, not only did he (yet again) prove that his wordplay is top-notch, he also produced the entire album himself. Each song is very different from one another, yet it is evident the same artist created it. Aesop Rock has this style that is forever changing, yet it appears to also stay the same. I'm not very good at explaining myself so I'll leave it on this note: Buy the album. Hell, buy ALL his albums. Both Full & Instrumental versions. If a single person had to earn a living other than following a typical 9-5 routine (not that I wish it on anyone), Aesop Rock deserves every penny.
on 29 December 2012
This album kills anything out in the last 10 years, it is amazing. Amazon mp3 downloader however can go die.
on 27 March 2013
To my ears, this has to be the best thing I've heard for some time, both lyrically, and musically.... A less densely produced sound, that breathes new life into his always stunning lyrics, lighter, funkier more syncopated... poetic beats indeed.
I've always liked Aesop, his albums are dense, layered affairs, this time however, I love Skelethon, there's not a dud track on there, and it's been on repeat for months in my headphones.
It would be an insult to just call this a rap album, it's more, much, much more, it share's kinship with Tom Waits and the beat poets, as much as it does with anything labelled rap.
Skelethon is a great album.
on 20 May 2013
I have a couple of Aesop Rock albums ("Labors Days" and "None Shall Pass") and purchased this album on the strength of those offerings. As a result, I had an expectation prior to listening to "Skelethon"; it did not disappoint. The beats make for interesting listening as does Aes' lyrics and delivery. Personal highlights are: ZZZ Top, Zero Dark Thirty, Fryerstarter, Ruby '81 and Gopher Guts.
on 7 September 2013
Aesop Rock's production and lyrics are great on this album, the man still consistently manages to stand out from the hip-hop scene.